Definitions for ACCESSˈæk sɛs
This page provides all possible meanings and translations of the word ACCESS
entree, access, accession, admission, admittance(noun)
the right to enter
the right to obtain or make use of or take advantage of something (as services or membership)
a way of entering or leaving
"he took a wrong turn on the access to the bridge"
access, access code(noun)
a code (a series of characters or digits) that must be entered in some way (typed or dialed or spoken) to get the use of something (a telephone line or a computer or a local area network etc.)
access, memory access(noun)
(computer science) the operation of reading or writing stored information
the act of approaching or entering
"he gained access to the building"
obtain or retrieve from a storage device; as of information on a computer
access, get at(verb)
reach or gain access to
"How does one access the attic in this house?"; "I cannot get to the T.V. antenna, even if I climb on the roof"
a coming to, or near approach; admittance; admission; accessibility; as, to gain access to a prince
the means, place, or way by which a thing may be approached; passage way; as, the access is by a neck of land
admission to sexual intercourse
increase by something added; addition; as, an access of territory. [In this sense accession is more generally used.]
an onset, attack, or fit of disease
a paroxysm; a fit of passion; an outburst; as, an access of fury
Origin: [F. accs, L. accessus, fr. accedere. See Accede.]
Access is a fictional character owned by both DC Comics and Marvel Comics. He made his first appearance in DC vs. Marvel #1, a special crossover between the two companies. He was created as both a way to explain the events of the story as well as a means to enable future intercompany crossovers.
Chambers 20th Century Dictionary
ak′ses, or ak-ses′, n. liberty to come to, approach: increase.—n. Accessibil′ity.—adj. Access′ible, that may be approached.—adv. Access′ibly. [See Accede.]
British National Corpus
Spoken Corpus Frequency
Rank popularity for the word 'ACCESS' in Spoken Corpus Frequency: #999
Written Corpus Frequency
Rank popularity for the word 'ACCESS' in Written Corpus Frequency: #1398
Rank popularity for the word 'ACCESS' in Nouns Frequency: #449
Rank popularity for the word 'ACCESS' in Verbs Frequency: #865
The numerical value of ACCESS in Chaldean Numerology is: 9
The numerical value of ACCESS in Pythagorean Numerology is: 5
Sample Sentences & Example Usage
If they don't grant access.
There is still a big access problem.
Their access to (Mexican raw sugar) could disappear.
These are public records, and we should be able to access them.
But it doesn't explain why the access to the cockpit was denied.
Images & Illustrations of ACCESS
Translations for ACCESS
From our Multilingual Translation Dictionary
- دَخَلَ, وصولArabic
- подход, достъп, пристъпBulgarian
- Eingang, Gefühlsausbruch, Zugriff, Zugang, Anfall, Zutritt, Ausbruch, Umgangsrecht, Zugang habenGerman
- προσπέλαση, πρόσβαση, παροξυσμός, ξέσπασμα, ελευθεροκοινωνία, έκρηξηGreek
- acceso, accederSpanish
- pääsy, tapaamisoikeus, lähestyminen, haku, yhteys, kohtaus, päästäFinnish
- entrée, accès, approche, accéder, avoir accèsFrench
- bejárás, láthatás, hozzáférés, hozzáférHungarian
- piekļuve, lēkmeLatvian
- tilgang, adgangNorwegian
- aanval, toevoeging, toegang, toegangsrecht, passage, instemming, uitval, benadering, aanwinst, bezoekrecht, toeval, toegangsweg, toelating, verkrijgen, bereikenDutch
- tilgang, åtgangNorwegian Nynorsk
- aksess, anfall, besøksrett, tilgang, utbrudd, få, aksessereNorwegian
- acesso, acessarPortuguese
- apropiere, accesRomanian
- pristup, приступSerbo-Croatian
- passage, tillgänglighet, tillgång, anfall, ingång, tillträde, umgängesrätt, väg, åtkomst, utbrott, ta fram, ha åtkomst, göra åtkomligSwedish
Get even more translations for ACCESS »
Find a translation for the ACCESS definition in other languages:
Select another language: