someone who proposes a toast; someone who drinks to the health of success of someone or some venture
a kitchen appliance (usually electric) for toasting bread
A device for toasting bread, English muffins, crumpets, etc.
A self-contained software package (or appliance) distributable over the Internet or by burning onto CDs.
An electronic organ, especially a crude one that uses analog technology.
Any of several small, box-like automobiles exemplified by the Scion xB and Honda Element.
one who toasts
a kitchen utensil for toasting bread, cheese, etc
The toaster is typically a small electric kitchen appliance designed to toast multiple types of bread products. A typical modern two-slice toaster draws from 600 to 1200 watts and makes toast in 1 to 3 minutes. There are also non-electrical toasters that can be used to toast bread products over an open fire or flame.
The New Hacker's Dictionary
1. The archetypal really stupid application for an embedded microprocessor controller; often used in comments that imply that a scheme is inappropriate technology (but see elevator controller). “DWIM for an assembler? That'd be as silly as running Unix on your toaster!” 2. A very, very dumb computer. “You could run this program on any dumb toaster.” See bitty box, Get a real computer!, toy, beige toaster. 3. A Macintosh, esp. a Mac in the original unitary case. Some hold that this is implied by sense 2. 4. A peripheral device. “I bought my box without toasters, but since then I've added two boards and a second disk drive.” 5. A specialized computer used as an appliance. See web toaster, video toaster.
A type of kitchen appliance and product created and designed in various colors, materials, mechanisms, shapes, sizes and styles.
Our new toaster we love as you can heat burger buns on the top of it for the family.Submitted by MaryC on November 29, 2015
The numerical value of toaster in Chaldean Numerology is: 8
The numerical value of toaster in Pythagorean Numerology is: 8
Examples of toaster in a Sentence
Hey, this is not a toaster. This is not a blender. This is a living, breathing animal that these parties, especially my client, grew an attachment to.
If you go swimming, if you're in the ocean, wear your old ear, don't put it on top of a radiator or toaster oven.
If you want a guarantee, buy a toaster.
Most married couples, even though they love each other very much in theory, tend to view each other in practice as large teeming flaw colonies, the result being that they get on each other's nerves and regularly erupt into vicious emotional shouting matches over such issues as toaster settings.
Contrary to Schumer's suggestion, a working gun does not pop out of the 3-D printer ready to fire, like a pop-tart from the toaster, using a 3-D printer to create the parts, and assemble them, is a time-intensive process that requires advanced knowledge of machining and gunsmithing.
Popularity rank by frequency of use
Translations for toaster
From our Multilingual Translation Dictionary
- محمصة خبز, محمصةArabic
- grille-pain, toasteurFrench
- brødristarNorwegian Nynorsk
- toster, opiekaczPolish
- máy nướng bánh mìVietnamese
Get even more translations for toaster »
Find a translation for the toaster definition in other languages:
Select another language:
- - Select -
- 简体中文 (Chinese - Simplified)
- 繁體中文 (Chinese - Traditional)
- Español (Spanish)
- Esperanto (Esperanto)
- 日本語 (Japanese)
- Português (Portuguese)
- Deutsch (German)
- العربية (Arabic)
- Français (French)
- Русский (Russian)
- ಕನ್ನಡ (Kannada)
- 한국어 (Korean)
- עברית (Hebrew)
- Український (Ukrainian)
- اردو (Urdu)
- Magyar (Hungarian)
- मानक हिन्दी (Hindi)
- Indonesia (Indonesian)
- Italiano (Italian)
- தமிழ் (Tamil)
- Türkçe (Turkish)
- తెలుగు (Telugu)
- ภาษาไทย (Thai)
- Tiếng Việt (Vietnamese)
- Čeština (Czech)
- Polski (Polish)
- Bahasa Indonesia (Indonesian)
- Românește (Romanian)
- Nederlands (Dutch)
- Ελληνικά (Greek)
- Latinum (Latin)
- Svenska (Swedish)
- Dansk (Danish)
- Suomi (Finnish)
- فارسی (Persian)
- ייִדיש (Yiddish)
- հայերեն (Armenian)
- Norsk (Norwegian)
- English (English)