the time in the evening at which the sun begins to fall below the horizon
atmospheric phenomena accompanying the daily disappearance of the sun
the daily event of the sun sinking below the horizon
of a declining industry or technology
providing for termination
"a program with a sunset provision"
The time of day when the sun disappears below the western horizon.
The changes in color of the sky at sunset.
The final period of the life of a person or thing.
Of or relating to the final period of the life of a person or thing.
one's sunset years
Having a set termination date.
The tax increase legislation included a sunset clause requiring renewal to prevent the tax increase from expiring.
To phase out.
We'll be sunsetting version 1.9 of the software shortly after releasing version 2.0 next quarter.
alt. of Sunsetting
Sunset or sundown is the daily disappearance of the Sun below the western half of the horizon, i.e. at an azimuth greater than 180 degrees, as a result of Earth's rotation. The time of sunset is defined in astronomy as the moment when the trailing edge of the Sun's disk disappears below the horizon. The ray path of light from the setting Sun is highly distorted near the horizon because of atmospheric refraction, making the sunset appear to occur when the Sun’s disk is already about one diameter below the horizon. Sunset is distinct from dusk, which is the time at which the sky becomes completely dark, which occurs when the Sun is approximately eighteen degrees below the horizon. The period between sunset and dusk is called twilight. Locations north of the Arctic Circle and south of the Antarctic Circle experience no sunset or sunrise at least one day of the year, when the polar day or the polar night persist continuously for 24 hours. Sunset creates unique atmospheric conditions such as the often intense orange and red colors of the Sun and the surrounding sky.
The numerical value of sunset in Chaldean Numerology is: 8
The numerical value of sunset in Pythagorean Numerology is: 8
The law does not forbid pictures of the sunset, it was intended to prevent trespassers from collecting any information, a water sample, a soil sample, a rock sample on private land without landowner’s permission.
Sunset is a wonderful opportunity for us to appreciate all the great things the sun gives us!
You've lost very much. You've given so very much, but please know that he will always be with you in the deepest recess in your heart, in your every thought, he'll be the voice you hear in your ear telling you it's OK. He'll be that feeling in your chest that just calms you down. That look from the mirror that gives you confidence to move forward and that sunset that says, 'I see you. I see you,'.
The perception for the drivers is the most important. Because of the natural steel color after oxidation, it looks especially spectacular during sunset.
Autumn is the maturity of thoughtfulness, the golden sunset of life.
Popularity rank by frequency of use
Translations for sunset
From our Multilingual Translation Dictionary
- مغرب, غروب, غروب الشمسArabic
- ཉི་ནུབ, ཉི་རྒསTibetan Standard
- západ, západ slunceCzech
- machlud haulWelsh
- Sonnenuntergang, LebensabendGerman
- δύση, ηλιοβασίλεμαGreek
- sunsubiro, sunfaloEsperanto
- puesta del sol, ocaso, la puesta del solSpanish
- غروب خورشیدPersian
- illansuu, auringonlasku, iltaruskoFinnish
- machclud, crépuscule, coucher de soleil, le coucher du soleilFrench
- luí na gréineIrish
- dol fodha na grèineScottish Gaelic
- सूर्य का अस्त होनाHindi
- alkony, naplemente, napnyugta, alkonypírHungarian
- մայրամուտ, արևամուտArmenian
- matahari terbenamIndonesian
- sólsetur, sólarlag, sólfallIcelandic
- 黄昏, 夕焼け, 日没Japanese
- მზის ჩასვლაGeorgian
- 해넘이, 黃昏, 황혼, 저녁놀Korean
- ڕۆژ ئاواKurdish
- crepusculum, solis occasumLatin
- SonnenënnergangLuxembourgish, Letzeburgesch
- залез, зајдисонцеMacedonian
- zachód słońca, zmierzchPolish
- poente, crepúsculo, ocaso, sol-pôr, pôr-do-sol, Por do solPortuguese
- crepuscul, apus, declin, asfințire, apus de soareRomanian
- заход солнца, заря, закат, закат солнцаRussian
- залазница, залазак сунца, zálaz, zalazak sunca, zalaznica, за́лазSerbo-Croatian
- sončni zahodSlovene
- gün batımı, gün batımTurkish
- hoàng hônVietnamese
- solamodonikam, modonikam solaVolapük
- זונפֿאַרגאַנגען, זונפֿאַרגאַנגYiddish
Get even more translations for sunset »
Find a translation for the sunset definition in other languages:
Select another language:
- - Select -
- 简体中文 (Chinese - Simplified)
- 繁體中文 (Chinese - Traditional)
- Español (Spanish)
- Esperanto (Esperanto)
- 日本語 (Japanese)
- Português (Portuguese)
- Deutsch (German)
- العربية (Arabic)
- Français (French)
- Русский (Russian)
- ಕನ್ನಡ (Kannada)
- 한국어 (Korean)
- עברית (Hebrew)
- Gaeilge (Irish)
- Українська (Ukrainian)
- اردو (Urdu)
- Magyar (Hungarian)
- मानक हिन्दी (Hindi)
- Indonesia (Indonesian)
- Italiano (Italian)
- தமிழ் (Tamil)
- Türkçe (Turkish)
- తెలుగు (Telugu)
- ภาษาไทย (Thai)
- Tiếng Việt (Vietnamese)
- Čeština (Czech)
- Polski (Polish)
- Bahasa Indonesia (Indonesian)
- Românește (Romanian)
- Nederlands (Dutch)
- Ελληνικά (Greek)
- Latinum (Latin)
- Svenska (Swedish)
- Dansk (Danish)
- Suomi (Finnish)
- فارسی (Persian)
- ייִדיש (Yiddish)
- հայերեն (Armenian)
- Norsk (Norwegian)
- English (English)