dawn, dawning, morning, aurora, first light, daybreak, break of day, break of the day, dayspring, sunrise, sunup, cockcrow(noun)
the first light of day
"we got up before dawn"; "they talked until morning"
atmospheric phenomena accompanying the daily appearance of the sun
the daily event of the sun rising above the horizon
of an industry or technology; new and developing
"high-technology sunrise industries"
The time of day when the sun appears above the eastern horizon.
I'll meet you at the docks at sunrise.
The change in color of the sky at dawn.
Did you see the beautiful sunrise this morning?
Any great awakening.
It was the sunrise of her spirit.
Pertaining to an unusually early time of day.
The sunrise-service will be at 6:30AM.
Origin: Compound of sun + rise
alt. of Sunrising
Sunrise or sun up is the instant at which the upper edge of the Sun appears over the eastern horizon in the morning. The term can also refer to the entire process of the Sun crossing the horizon and its accompanying atmospheric effects.
Sunrise is a free calendar app made for Google Calendar users. Designed with love, Sunrise is a new experience that will make your life easier.
Song lyrics by sunrise -- Explore a large variety of song lyrics performed by sunrise on the Lyrics.com website.
The numerical value of sunrise in Chaldean Numerology is: 7
The numerical value of sunrise in Pythagorean Numerology is: 6
Examples of sunrise in a Sentence
Meet the sunrise with confidence.
Every morning, the sunrise wakes me up with rays of hope.
So after sunrise, we come here to cool off ourselves due to high temperatures.
Every sunrise gives you reason to hope. Every darkness of night teaches you patience.
Feelings are like the sunrise...different colors...different shades...each and every time
Images & Illustrations of sunrise
Popularity rank by frequency of use
Translations for sunrise
From our Multilingual Translation Dictionary
- зора, изгрев, просвещениеBulgarian
- východ slunceCzech
- ανατολή, ανατολή ηλίουGreek
- despertad, alborada, despierto, amanecerSpanish
- طلوع خورشیدPersian
- aamurusko, auringonnousu, päivänkoiteFinnish
- lever du soleil, potron-minetFrench
- éirí, gréineIrish
- èirigh na grèineScottish Gaelic
- napfelkelte, napkelteHungarian
- dögun, sólaruppkoma, sólarupprás, sólrisIcelandic
- aurora, alba, levar del soleItalian
- 해돋이, 아침놀Korean
- SonnenopgangLuxembourgish, Letzeburgesch
- изгрејсонце, мугри, изгревMacedonian
- soloppgangNorwegian Nynorsk
- wschód słońcaPolish
- aurora, nascer do solPortuguese
- crăparea zilei, răsărit de soare, trezire, realizareRomanian
- восход солнца, рассвет, заряRussian
- izlazak suncaSerbo-Croatian
- bình minhVietnamese
- solasülöpikam, sülöpikam solaVolapük
- זונויפֿגאַנג, זונויפֿגאַנגעןYiddish
Get even more translations for sunrise »
Find a translation for the sunrise definition in other languages:
Select another language:
- - Select -
- 简体中文 (Chinese - Simplified)
- 繁體中文 (Chinese - Traditional)
- Español (Spanish)
- 日本語 (Japanese)
- Português (Portuguese)
- Deutsch (German)
- العربية (Arabic)
- Français (French)
- Русский (Russian)
- ಕನ್ನಡ (Kannada)
- 한국어 (Korean)
- עברית (Hebrew)
- Український (Ukrainian)
- اردو (Urdu)
- Magyar (Hungarian)
- मानक हिन्दी (Hindi)
- Indonesia (Indonesian)
- Italiano (Italian)
- தமிழ் (Tamil)
- Türkçe (Turkish)
- తెలుగు (Telugu)
- ภาษาไทย (Thai)
- Tiếng Việt (Vietnamese)
- Čeština (Czech)
- Polski (Polish)
- Bahasa Indonesia (Indonesian)
- Românește (Romanian)
- Nederlands (Dutch)
- Ελληνικά (Greek)
- Latinum (Latin)
- Svenska (Swedish)
- Dansk (Danish)
- Suomi (Finnish)
- فارسی (Persian)
- ייִדיש (Yiddish)
- հայերեն (Armenian)
- Norsk (Norwegian)
- English (English)