the physical property of a material that can return to its original shape or position after deformation that does not exceed its elastic limit
an occurrence of rebounding or springing back
The mental ability to recover quickly from depression, illness or misfortune.
The physical property of material that can resume its shape after being stretched or deformed; elasticity.
The positive ability of a system or company to adapt itself to the consequences of a catastrophic failure caused by power outage, a fire, a bomb or similar (particularly IT systems, archives).
Origin: From resilio.
alt. of Resiliency
Resilience is an album of songs by Electronic music artist Kid 606. It was released on Tigerbeat6.
Resilience has delivered network security appliances with the most advanced operating system. RES/OS boasts such features as open systems flexibility and life cycle management innovations for mission-critical applications. Resilience’s high performance solutions are designed for network environments where availability is essential and security must not be compromised.
The ability to cope with life experiences.
We all have resilience to empower us to learn and manage and cope with life experiences.
The ability to be flexible and change the response to suit various types of movement.
Her body has a resilience to it as a gymnast this is what she needs to perform.
The numerical value of resilience in Chaldean Numerology is: 6
The numerical value of resilience in Pythagorean Numerology is: 9
Sample Sentences & Example Usage
I felt I was in a position where it was very important to model resilience.
(Energy)'s got a lot traction from resilience in crude oil and rally in natural gas.
This is part of a solution that will drive growth and build resilience in Mauritius.
We need to incentivize people to come in at scale to invest in adaptation or resilience.
Taking risks is part of what builds resilience, and it can teach us an incredible amount.
Images & Illustrations of resilience
Translations for resilience
From our Multilingual Translation Dictionary
- Resilienz, Elastizität, elastisches VerformungsarbeitsaufnahmevermögenGerman
- ψυχολογική αντοχή, ελαστικότητα, επανατακτικότητα, ακαμψιμότητα, επαναπροσαρμοστικότητα, ανθεκτικότηταGreek
- elasticidad, resiliencia, resistenciaSpanish
- حالت ارتجاعیPersian
- kimmoisuus, sietokyky, lannistumattomuus, sitkeys, joustavuus, sinnikkyysFinnish
- résilience, résistanceFrench
- stressztűrés, terhelhetőség, rugalmasság, stressztűrő képesség, ellenállóképességHungarian
- resilienza, elasticitàItalian
- veerkracht, herstellingsvermogenDutch
- odporność, sprężystośćPolish
- устойчивость, гибкость, эластичность, упругостьRussian
- elastikiyet, dayanıklılık, rezilyans, yaylanma, elastiklik, çabuk iyileşme özelliğiTurkish
Get even more translations for resilience »
Find a translation for the resilience definition in other languages:
Select another language: