trouble, put out, inconvenience, disoblige, discommode, incommode, bother(verb)
to cause inconvenience or discomfort to
"Sorry to trouble you, but..."
put out considerable effort
"He put out the same for seven managers"
smother, put out(verb)
deprive of the oxygen necessary for combustion
exsert, stretch out, put out, extend, hold out, stretch forth(verb)
thrust or extend out
"He held out his hand"; "point a finger"; "extend a hand"; "the bee exserted its sting"
douse, put out(verb)
put out, as of a candle or a light
"Douse the lights"
be sexually active
"She is supposed to put out"
put out, retire(verb)
cause to be out on a fielding play
"he was put out at third base on a long throw from left field"
publish, bring out, put out, issue, release(verb)
prepare and issue for public distribution or sale
"publish a magazine or newspaper"
anesthetize, anaesthetize, anesthetise, anaesthetise, put under, put out(verb)
administer an anesthetic drug to
"The patient must be anesthetized before the operation"; "anesthetize the gum before extracting the teeth"
The statistic of the number of outs a defensive player directly caused.
To place outside or eject.
To injure a part of the body, especially a joint.
To extinguish (a flame or light).
To eliminate from a competition.
To consent to sex.
To cause a player on the offense to be out, especially of men on base.
Taking offense; indignant.
The numerical value of put out in Chaldean Numerology is: 8
The numerical value of put out in Pythagorean Numerology is: 5
Examples of put out in a Sentence
Put out the light.
They put out a carrot, but it's a fake carrot.
All I did was put out a feeler if he'd like to meet.
...[I] put out my hand, and touched the face of God.
We are trying to put out a housefire with a teaspoon.
Translations for put out
From our Multilingual Translation Dictionary
- eliminació, apagarCatalan, Valencian
- produzieren, ranlassen, herstellen, rausbringen, löschen, raussetzen, rauswerfenGerman
- eligi, konsenti, forigi, misfleksi, produkti, estingiEsperanto
- sacar, extinguirSpanish
- tuottaa, vahingoittaa, sammuttaa, antaa, laittaa ulosFinnish
- produire, éteindre, vexéFrench
- spegnere, estinguereItalian
- 生産, 消すJapanese
- ontzet, uitwerpen, produceren, blussen, toegeven, kwetsen, verontwaardigd, uitdoen, blesseren, doven, buitenzettenDutch
- lage, produsere, slokke, satt ut, slukke, sette ut, slippe utNorwegian
- esténher, esténger, astudarOccitan
- dawać, wygaszać, daćPolish
- extinguir, apagarPortuguese
- stizar, stüder, stüzzer, stidarRomansh
- выкладывать, произвести, тушить, погасить, потушить, давать, гасить, выложить, дать, вывихивать, производить, вывихнутьRussian
Get even more translations for put out »
Find a translation for the put out definition in other languages:
Select another language:
- - Select -
- 简体中文 (Chinese - Simplified)
- 繁體中文 (Chinese - Traditional)
- Español (Spanish)
- Esperanto (Esperanto)
- 日本語 (Japanese)
- Português (Portuguese)
- Deutsch (German)
- العربية (Arabic)
- Français (French)
- Русский (Russian)
- ಕನ್ನಡ (Kannada)
- 한국어 (Korean)
- עברית (Hebrew)
- Український (Ukrainian)
- اردو (Urdu)
- Magyar (Hungarian)
- मानक हिन्दी (Hindi)
- Indonesia (Indonesian)
- Italiano (Italian)
- தமிழ் (Tamil)
- Türkçe (Turkish)
- తెలుగు (Telugu)
- ภาษาไทย (Thai)
- Tiếng Việt (Vietnamese)
- Čeština (Czech)
- Polski (Polish)
- Bahasa Indonesia (Indonesian)
- Românește (Romanian)
- Nederlands (Dutch)
- Ελληνικά (Greek)
- Latinum (Latin)
- Svenska (Swedish)
- Dansk (Danish)
- Suomi (Finnish)
- فارسی (Persian)
- ייִדיש (Yiddish)
- հայերեն (Armenian)
- Norsk (Norwegian)
- English (English)