put into print
"The newspaper published the news of the royal couple's divorce"; "These news should not be printed"
publish, bring out, put out, issue, release(verb)
prepare and issue for public distribution or sale
"publish a magazine or newspaper"
have (one's written work) issued for publication
"How many books did Georges Simenon write?"; "She published 25 books during her long career"
: To issue a medium (e.g. publication).
: To issue something (usually printed work) for sale and distribution.
: To announce to the public.
Origin: publicen (and publish to look like to banish, finish), from publier, from publicare, from publicus; see public.
to make public; to make known to mankind, or to people in general; to divulge, as a private transaction; to promulgate or proclaim, as a law or an edict
to make known by posting, or by reading in a church; as, to publish banns of marriage
to send forth, as a book, newspaper, musical piece, or other printed work, either for sale or for general distribution; to print, and issue from the press
to utter, or put into circulation; as, to publish counterfeit paper
Chambers 20th Century Dictionary
pub′lish, v.t. to make public: to divulge: to announce: to proclaim: to send forth to the public: to print and offer for sale: to put into circulation.—adj. Pub′lishable.—ns. Pub′lisher, one who makes public: one who publishes books; Pub′lishment, publication, esp. of banns.
British National Corpus
Rank popularity for the word 'publish' in Verbs Frequency: #183
How to say publish in sign language?
The numerical value of publish in Chaldean Numerology is: 1
The numerical value of publish in Pythagorean Numerology is: 6
Examples of publish in a Sentence
Publish and be damned!
When you publish a book, it's the world's book. The world edits it.
How can @usatoday allow Trump [ to ] publish an article with documented falsehoods ?
If someone thinks that you can (publish) whatever, just absolutely everything -- that's not the case.
The publication of the book is just the firs step, i plan to go further and publish more in the future.
Images & Illustrations of publish
Popularity rank by frequency of use
Translations for publish
From our Multilingual Translation Dictionary
- نشر, أصدرArabic
- публікава́ць, апублікава́ць, выдаваць, выдацьBelarusian
- publicarCatalan, Valencian
- vydat, publikovatCzech
- herausgeben, veröffentlichen, publizierenGerman
- εκδίδω, ανακοινώνω, δημοσιεύωGreek
- divulgar, publicarSpanish
- kirjastama, levitamaEstonian
- kustantaa, julkaistaFinnish
- megjelentet, közread, felfed, kiad, publikál, közölHungarian
- gefa útIcelandic
- divulgare, pubblicare, rendere notoItalian
- 출판하다, 공표하다Korean
- whakaputa, pānui, paki, pāhoMāori
- uitgeven, publicerenDutch
- publikować, wydać, opublikować, wydawaćPolish
- anunciar, publicarPortuguese
- публикова́ть, опубликовать, публиковать, издавать, опубликова́ть, издатьRussian
- att publicera, offentliggöraSwedish
- açıklamak, yayımlamak, yayınlamak, çıkarmak, basmakTurkish
- видавати, публікува́тиUkrainian
Get even more translations for publish »
Find a translation for the publish definition in other languages:
Select another language:
- - Select -
- 简体中文 (Chinese - Simplified)
- 繁體中文 (Chinese - Traditional)
- Español (Spanish)
- 日本語 (Japanese)
- Português (Portuguese)
- Deutsch (German)
- العربية (Arabic)
- Français (French)
- Русский (Russian)
- ಕನ್ನಡ (Kannada)
- 한국어 (Korean)
- עברית (Hebrew)
- Український (Ukrainian)
- اردو (Urdu)
- Magyar (Hungarian)
- मानक हिन्दी (Hindi)
- Indonesia (Indonesian)
- Italiano (Italian)
- தமிழ் (Tamil)
- Türkçe (Turkish)
- తెలుగు (Telugu)
- ภาษาไทย (Thai)
- Tiếng Việt (Vietnamese)
- Čeština (Czech)
- Polski (Polish)
- Bahasa Indonesia (Indonesian)
- Românește (Romanian)
- Nederlands (Dutch)
- Ελληνικά (Greek)
- Latinum (Latin)
- Svenska (Swedish)
- Dansk (Danish)
- Suomi (Finnish)
- فارسی (Persian)
- ייִדיש (Yiddish)
- հայերեն (Armenian)
- Norsk (Norwegian)
- English (English)