a prediction made by extrapolating from past observations
the projection of an image from a film onto a screen
a planned undertaking
any structure that branches out from a central support
any solid convex shape that juts out from something
(psychiatry) a defense mechanism by which your own traits and emotions are attributed to someone else
projection, acoustic projection, sound projectionnoun
the acoustic phenomenon that gives sound a penetrating quality
"our ukuleles have been designed to have superior sound and projection"; "a prime ingredient of public speaking is projection of the voice"
the representation of a figure or solid on a plane as it would look from a particular direction
protrusion, projection, jut, juttingnoun
the act of projecting out from something
expulsion, projection, ejection, forcing outnoun
the act of expelling or projecting or ejecting
Something which projects, protrudes, juts out, sticks out, or stands out.
The face of the cliff had many projections which are big enough for birds to nest on.
The action of projecting or throwing or propelling something.
The display of an image by devices such as movie projector, video projector, overhead projector or slide projector.
A forecast or prognosis obtained by extrapolation
A belief or assumption that others have similar thoughts and experiences as oneself
The image that a translucent object casts onto another object.
An image of an object on a surface of fewer dimensions.
A transformation of one thing into something else, e.g. applications of functions.
Any of several systems of intersecting lines that allow the curved surface of the earth to be represented on a flat surface. The set of mathematics used to calculate coordinate positions.
the act of throwing or shooting forward
a jutting out; also, a part jutting out, as of a building; an extension beyond something else
the act of scheming or planning; also, that which is planned; contrivance; design; plan
the representation of something; delineation; plan; especially, the representation of any object on a perspective plane, or such a delineation as would result were the chief points of the object thrown forward upon the plane, each in the direction of a line drawn through it from a given point of sight, or central point; as, the projection of a sphere. The several kinds of projection differ according to the assumed point of sight and plane of projection in each
any method of representing the surface of the earth upon a plane
In linear algebra and functional analysis, a projection is a linear transformation P from a vector space to itself such that P² = P. That is, whenever P is applied twice to any value, it gives the same result as if it were applied once. It leaves its image unchanged. Though abstract, this definition of "projection" formalizes and generalizes the idea of graphical projection. One can also consider the effect of a projection on a geometrical object by examining the effect of the projection on points in the object.
U.S. National Library of Medicine
A defense mechanism, operating unconsciously, whereby that which is emotionally unacceptable in the self is rejected and attributed (projected) to others.
Dictionary of Nautical Terms
A method of representing geometrically on a plane surface varied points, lines, and surfaces not lying in any one plane: used in charts and maps, where it is of various kinds, as globular, orthographic, Mercator's, &c. In ship-building, an elevation taken amidship. (See BODY-PLAN.)
Military Dictionary and Gazetteer
In mathematics, the action of giving a projectile its motion. It is also used to signify a scheme, plan, or delineation.
Song lyrics by projection -- Explore a large variety of song lyrics performed by projection on the Lyrics.com website.
British National Corpus
Rank popularity for the word 'projection' in Nouns Frequency: #2877
The numerical value of projection in Chaldean Numerology is: 7
The numerical value of projection in Pythagorean Numerology is: 8
I'm pretty confident that as we gain more and more momentum, as we transition from December to January and then February to March, I believe we will catch up with the projection.
We’ve changed projection technology, some people prefer film to digital, but film degrades and shutters, and so people seeing it a few weeks in find it’s not as good. Digital doesn’t change.
You’re projecting, it’s probably a bigger projection than when you studied a guy that’s played three years of college football, that’s our job, to project them into our league into our system and scheme and into our division and what we do. It’s a year like no other.
1. It's amazing how cramped our life is and perhaps more free after death. Our life is like this cramped aquarium. An empty life from within is transparent to the gods. Like a drop in the ocean. All non-living ones look at us like these fish. We are not able to lie because we can see through who we are and what we are. What we do every day and we have little space to live. We are limited by life itself in a small body. Our body is the aquarium of the soul. Limitations on our mind for truth for will. We cannot hide, we cannot hide. Our life is a portrait of current truth. Current revelations. We are locked in life, but someday we will be in space next to God. 2. A tired evening in it the heaviness and silence and calmness from the fact that we have lived the next day are felt. A street in which the epic landscape of life is visible. We are part of the mechanical world. Micro particles of microcircuit life. Programs living according to a certain algorithm. Life is a microsystem of fate. The truth about us is a projection that we are all ashamed of. We hide most of our lives under the guise of hypocrisy. Perhaps hypocrisy is not only selfishness, but also shame. We hide our imperfection, because we are entangled in ourselves. We did not understand this microcircuit of fate. Not resigned to what they should have understood. We are tired of life, but our microcircuit has not expired. Life is like this hard evening. 3. Life is a microchip in the subconscious, we act according to a certain scheme of the algorithm, which is called the rhythm of life. 4. Culture is a code of diplomacy. 5. people do not really see each other, they see their thoughts and goals. The universe of loneliness is expanding and people are moving away from each other because of their thoughts. 6. The city is so cold and mechanical, the society is like a complex techno machine that controls the flow of people. Directs the circulation of the stream of life to certain channels of destiny. Technology for managing desires through selfishness. 7. A dark city lit by a fog of serenity of thoughts. A city shrouded in secrets, a city that darkens with vices day and night. Hidden in the silence of illusion, the city is immersed in the sleep of unconsciousness. A city that moves into emptiness and truth is silent in it, the silence of egoism and the cry of the ego. The whole city is roaring in the void of nonsense. 8. Erotic hypnosis, I want to sing with delight, hypnotic delight and extraterrestrial euphoria of love feelings, I feel myself in the higher world of love and sentimental sensitivity of tenderness and erotic catharsis of the highest art of beauty of your body, epic romance of euphoria in my heart at the sight of you. Manipulating beauty of your body. Sentimentally I caress you with words and the magic of charm struck me, magnetically beautiful in my thoughts my heart and mind poeticize your beauty every passing second unforgettable nostalgia my libido sings your beauty in my eyes you are more beautiful billions of times testosterone writes endless lovingly erotic poems, my loins scream about you, my subconscious is praying for you, my unconsciousness leads to you, my consciousness is obsessed with you. 9. Super beautiful, dumb delight, orgasm of catharsis, I meditate on your beauty. Feelings are like a hot groan of delight, you are oblivion. Your beauty is a hype of life, with you every second is priceless, beauty of the highest standard, countless carats of aesthetics, you consist of countless compliments, you are a juicy paradise fruit. 10. Ego prostheses are pumped with botex, silicone and synthol. 11. Sooner or later we will become ghosts, we will become history and our memory will turn into retro nostalgia. We plunge into the oblivion of oblivion. And the seconds passing through the fingers are drowned in the amnesia of eternity. The more selfish the world becomes, the more commonplace it becomes. A philosophical look through the emptiness of eternity. An abundance of thoughts satisfies the hunger for misunderstanding. We will become transparent ghosts and the world will become transparent to realists and pessimists. Looking into the future, we see spoiled, blind egoists. Truth meditation in which subtle details are visible. In a reality in which the pus of selfishness oozes. 12. Wild fire of passion of the epic of love, meow with delight, purring sensuality. Musical poetry of feelings, compliments fly out by themselves, I am drawn to you ballistic, instinctively, I see only you on the radar of love, my sonar of deep love, I love you stubbornly, aggressive rock fire of passion in me, rhythmic rap of the beat of my heart in so with yours ... The musical energy of endless love. Author: Musin Almat Zhumabekovich
Since the beginning of this year, the global and domestic economic environment has experienced a number of changes, reflecting these recent developments, we revised our China macroeconomic forecasts for 2016. Compared with our published forecasts in December last year, we maintain our baseline projection of 2016 real GDP growth at 6.8 percent.
Popularity rank by frequency of use
Translations for projection
From our Multilingual Translation Dictionary
- výstupek, prognóza, výčnělek, promítáníCzech
- Prognose, Vorsprung, Vorhersage, ProjektionGerman
- protuberancia, proyecciónSpanish
- kieleke, heijastus, projektio, kuvaus, heijastaminen, heijastuma, heittäminen, uloke, ulkonemaFinnish
- caitheamh amachIrish
- בֶּלֶט, זיז, בְּלִיטָה, הערכהHebrew
- ofanvarp, frávarpIcelandic
- kūraetanga, kotokotoMāori
- występ, odwzorowanie, projekcja, przewidywanie, rzut, wyświetleniePolish
- proiecție, proiectareRomanian
- выступ, прогноз, проекцияRussian
Get even more translations for projection »
Find a translation for the projection definition in other languages:
Select another language:
- - Select -
- 简体中文 (Chinese - Simplified)
- 繁體中文 (Chinese - Traditional)
- Español (Spanish)
- Esperanto (Esperanto)
- 日本語 (Japanese)
- Português (Portuguese)
- Deutsch (German)
- العربية (Arabic)
- Français (French)
- Русский (Russian)
- ಕನ್ನಡ (Kannada)
- 한국어 (Korean)
- עברית (Hebrew)
- Gaeilge (Irish)
- Українська (Ukrainian)
- اردو (Urdu)
- Magyar (Hungarian)
- मानक हिन्दी (Hindi)
- Indonesia (Indonesian)
- Italiano (Italian)
- தமிழ் (Tamil)
- Türkçe (Turkish)
- తెలుగు (Telugu)
- ภาษาไทย (Thai)
- Tiếng Việt (Vietnamese)
- Čeština (Czech)
- Polski (Polish)
- Bahasa Indonesia (Indonesian)
- Românește (Romanian)
- Nederlands (Dutch)
- Ελληνικά (Greek)
- Latinum (Latin)
- Svenska (Swedish)
- Dansk (Danish)
- Suomi (Finnish)
- فارسی (Persian)
- ייִדיש (Yiddish)
- հայերեն (Armenian)
- Norsk (Norwegian)
- English (English)