fuss, trouble, bother, hassle(noun)
an angry disturbance
"he didn't want to make a fuss"; "they had labor trouble"; "a spot of bother"
hassle, scuffle, tussle, dogfight, rough-and-tumble(verb)
harass, hassle, harry, chivy, chivvy, chevy, chevvy, beset, plague, molest, provoke(verb)
annoy continually or chronically
"He is known to harry his staff when he is overworked"; "This man harasses his female co-workers"
to dispute or quarrel, often over petty disagreements.
To expend excessive time and energy trying to accomplish a task.
Trouble, bother, unwanted annoyances or problems.
I went through a lot of hassle to be the first to get a ticket.
A fight or argument.
An action which is not worth the difficulty involved.
To trouble, to bother, to annoy.
The unlucky boy was hassled by a gang of troublemakers on his way home.
To pick a fight or start an argument.
Hassle is a location in Närke, Sweden, where a Celtic treasure was found in 1936. The treasure comprises a large bronze cauldron which contained two Bronze Age swords of the Hallstatt type, a pommel of bronze, two bronze buckets with ciste a cordoni, two small hooks of bronze and twelve large circular bronze plates with fittings of iron. All of the items were imported. The cauldron belongs to a special kind of cultic cauldrons usually found in Italy and Greece, while the buckets are of a kind found in southern and central Europe.
The numerical value of hassle in Chaldean Numerology is: 2
The numerical value of hassle in Pythagorean Numerology is: 1
Sample Sentences & Example Usage
It was just an unnecessary hassle, I guess.
Everything becomes very limited. It's a hassle if you get seen because then you have to move straight away.
If we wait a few months, we would have the same price without all the hassle and risk involved in a Mylan deal.
It has made going Dutch less hassle and so much more fun, young people think splitting bills this way is fun, and older ones may find it fashionable to do so.
You've got the grass courts, the umpires, the ball girls, it's just like Wimbledon without the hassle, we like to drink in the atmosphere. Then I'm happy to watch Wimbledon on TV for two weeks.
Images & Illustrations of hassle
Popularity rank by frequency of use
Translations for hassle
From our Multilingual Translation Dictionary
- plage, besvær, bøvl, genere, skænderi, slagsmål, chikanere, masDanish
- nerven, Ärger, ärgern, Zank, plagen, Mühe, provozieren, StreitGerman
- pelea, riña, fastidio, tropiezo, provocar, aperrear, lío, molestar, apuro, fastidiar, molestia, complicación, fregar, jaleo, broncaSpanish
- hässäkkä, kiusata, kina, hulina, riitaFinnish
- tracas, peine, dispute, lutte, harceler, provoquerFrench
- सिर खाना, द्राविडी प्राणायाम, तंग करनाHindi
- kłopot, problem, kłótniaPolish
- incomodar, aborrecerPortuguese
- барье́р, доставать, донимать, спорить, надоедать, ссора, нервотрёпка, препя́тствие, тру́дность, моро́ка, прегра́да, геморро́й, поме́ха, ссориться, докучать, напрягатьRussian
- besvär, krångelSwedish
Get even more translations for hassle »
Find a translation for the hassle definition in other languages:
Select another language: