a piece broken off or cut off of something else
"a fragment of rock"
shard, sherd, fragment(noun)
a broken piece of a brittle artifact
an incomplete piece
"fragments of a play"
break up, fragment, fragmentize, fragmentise(verb)
break or cause to break into pieces
"The plate fragmented"
A part broken off; a small, detached portion; an imperfect part; as, a fragment of an ancient writing.
A sentence not containing a subject or a predicate.
To break apart.
To cause to be broken into pieces.
a part broken off; a small, detached portion; an imperfect part; as, a fragment of an ancient writing
Etymology: [L. fragmentum, fr. frangere to break: cf. F. fragment. See Break, v. t.]
Chambers 20th Century Dictionary
frag′ment, n. a piece broken off: an unfinished portion.—adj. Frag′mental (also -ment′).—adv. Frag′mentarily.—n. Frag′mentariness.—adjs. Frag′mentary, Frag′mented, consisting of fragments or pieces: broken. [Fr.,—L. fragmentum, frangĕre, to break.]
Song lyrics by fragment -- Explore a large variety of song lyrics performed by fragment on the Lyrics.com website.
British National Corpus
Rank popularity for the word 'fragment' in Nouns Frequency: #1700
The numerical value of fragment in Chaldean Numerology is: 5
The numerical value of fragment in Pythagorean Numerology is: 3
It is just a very brief fragment where Mr. Clark and one of the officers encounter each other and then they disappear from sight.
Love is the extra effort we make in our dealings with those whom we do not like and once you understand that, you understand all. This idea that love overtakes you is nonsense. This is but a polite manifestation of sex. To love another you have to undertake some fragment of their destiny.
The family is glad she (Potter) got charged but they do hope and pray for a day where they get equal justice, why should we always get a fragment of justice.
Rafi Eitan told Fox News Leland Vittert. Eventually, the man admitted he was Adolf Eichmann. With more derring-do, Rafi Eitan and his fellow commandoes spirited Eichmann out of Argentina and brought him back to Israel where he was tried, convicted and sentenced to death by hanging. ANCIENT CLAY JAR FRAGMENT DEPICTING GROTESQUE DEITY DISCOVERED IN JERUSALEMS CITY OF DAVID At a reunion for those involved in Eichmanns capture and trial some years ago, Rafi Eitan recalled Eichmanns capturewith a twinkle in Rafi Eitan eye. CLICK HERE TO GET THE FOX NEWS APP I was 51 years younger( then), but I am able and ready to do the same thing again.
The international community will not stand by while Houthi forces and other actors continue to undermine stability in Yemen and seek to fragment that country and undermine its legitimate president.
Images & Illustrations of fragment
Popularity rank by frequency of use
Translations for fragment
From our Multilingual Translation Dictionary
- фрагментирам, отломък, парче, раздробявам, раздробявам се, фрагмент, късBulgarian
- fragment, fragmentarCatalan, Valencian
- fragment, úlomek, střep, zlomekCzech
- Satzfragment, Fragment, fragmentierenGerman
- τεμαχίζω, θρυμματίζω, απόσπασμα, θραύσμα, κομματιάζωGreek
- fragmento, fragmentarSpanish
- osanen, hajottaa, sirpale, särkeä, särkyä, hajota, rikkoa, rikkoutua, pirstoutua, fragmentti, pirstoa, sirpaloituaFinnish
- fragment, fragmenterFrench
- mìr, criomag, bìdeagScottish Gaelic
- töredék, darabHungarian
- frammento, frammentareItalian
- フラグメント, 破片, 断片, 欠片Japanese
- rutunga, mōrohe, kongakonga, kora, tūāporo, māhurehure, kuru, korakora, mōteteMāori
- fragment, fragmenterenDutch
- fragmentNorwegian Nynorsk
- fragmenta, bucată, fragmentRomanian
- кусок, разваливаться, обломок, развалиться, разломать, осколок, фрагмент, разламывать, фрагментировать, отрывокRussian
- fràgment, ùlomak, fragmentírati, òdlomakSerbo-Croatian
- parça, kırıntı, kısım, bölüm, fragmanTurkish
Get even more translations for fragment »
Find a translation for the fragment definition in other languages:
Select another language:
- - Select -
- 简体中文 (Chinese - Simplified)
- 繁體中文 (Chinese - Traditional)
- Español (Spanish)
- Esperanto (Esperanto)
- 日本語 (Japanese)
- Português (Portuguese)
- Deutsch (German)
- العربية (Arabic)
- Français (French)
- Русский (Russian)
- ಕನ್ನಡ (Kannada)
- 한국어 (Korean)
- עברית (Hebrew)
- Gaeilge (Irish)
- Українська (Ukrainian)
- اردو (Urdu)
- Magyar (Hungarian)
- मानक हिन्दी (Hindi)
- Indonesia (Indonesian)
- Italiano (Italian)
- தமிழ் (Tamil)
- Türkçe (Turkish)
- తెలుగు (Telugu)
- ภาษาไทย (Thai)
- Tiếng Việt (Vietnamese)
- Čeština (Czech)
- Polski (Polish)
- Bahasa Indonesia (Indonesian)
- Românește (Romanian)
- Nederlands (Dutch)
- Ελληνικά (Greek)
- Latinum (Latin)
- Svenska (Swedish)
- Dansk (Danish)
- Suomi (Finnish)
- فارسی (Persian)
- ייִדיש (Yiddish)
- հայերեն (Armenian)
- Norsk (Norwegian)
- English (English)