Definitions for e-mail
This dictionary definitions page includes all the possible meanings, example usage and translations of the word e-mail.
electronic mail, e-mail, emailverb
(computer science) a system of world-wide electronic communication in which a computer user can compose a message at one terminal that can be regenerated at the recipient's terminal when the recipient logs in
"you cannot send packages by electronic mail"
e-mail, email, netmailverb
communicate electronically on the computer
"she e-mailed me the good news"
electronic mail; a digitally encoded message sent from one computer to another through an electronic communications medium, especially by means of a computer network.
A system for transferring messages from one computer to another, usually via a network.
A message sent via an e-mail system.
To send an e-mail or e-mails to.
She e-mailed me last week, asking about the status of the project.
To send, or compose and send, an e-mail or e-mails.
Most teenagers spend twenty-six hours a day e-mailing and surfing the Web.
Electronic mail (email or e-mail) is a method of exchanging messages ("mail") between people using electronic devices. Email was thus conceived as the electronic (digital) version of, or counterpart to, mail, at a time when "mail" meant only physical mail (hence e- + mail). Email later became a ubiquitous (very widely used) communication medium, to the point that in current use, an email address is often treated as a basic and necessary part of many processes in business, commerce, government, education, entertainment, and other spheres of daily life in most countries. Email is the medium, and each message sent therewith is also called an email. The term is a mass noun. Email operates across computer networks, primarily the Internet, and also local area networks. Today's email systems are based on a store-and-forward model. Email servers accept, forward, deliver, and store messages. Neither the users nor their computers are required to be online simultaneously; they need to connect, typically to a mail server or a webmail interface to send or receive messages or download it. Originally an ASCII text-only communications medium, Internet email was extended by Multipurpose Internet Mail Extensions (MIME) to carry text in other character sets and multimedia content attachments. International email, with internationalized email addresses using UTF-8, is standardized but not widely adopted.
E-mail, short for electronic mail, is a method of exchanging messages, files, or other important information using internet or other computer networks. It typically involves a sender and one or more recipients, and can include text content, attachments, and hyperlinks. The messages are sent and received through an e-mail client or web-based platform. The process is almost instantaneous, enabling quick communication between parties located anywhere in the world.
Electronic mail, most commonly referred to as email or e-mail since approximately 1993, is a method of exchanging digital messages from an author to one or more recipients. Modern email operates across the Internet or other computer networks. Some early email systems required that the author and the recipient both be online at the same time, in common with instant messaging. Today's email systems are based on a store-and-forward model. Email servers accept, forward, deliver, and store messages. Neither the users nor their computers are required to be online simultaneously; they need connect only briefly, typically to an email server, for as long as it takes to send or receive messages. Historically, the term electronic mail was used generically for any electronic document transmission. For example, several writers in the early 1970s used the term to describe fax document transmission. As a result, it is difficult to find the first citation for the use of the term with the more specific meaning it has today. An Internet email message consists of three components, the message envelope, the message header, and the message body. The message header contains control information, including, minimally, an originator's email address and one or more recipient addresses. Usually descriptive information is also added, such as a subject header field and a message submission date/time stamp.
The numerical value of e-mail in Chaldean Numerology is: 5
The numerical value of e-mail in Pythagorean Numerology is: 4
I don't want to describe the hate mail we've gotten. (on why she was fearful of her husband running for president)
I love America because America trusts me. When I go into a shop to buy a pair of shoes I am not asked to produce my Identity Card. I love it because my mail is not censored. My phone is not tapped. My conversation with friends is not reported to the secret police.
He that respects himself is safe from others. He wears a coat of mail that none can pierce.
Mugshot for Larry Wiggins, 62,( Manatee County Sheriff's Office) RETURN TO SENDER : DC VOTERS ARE BEING SENT MAIL-IN BALLOTS FOR EX-RESIDENTS Elections Mike Bennett said Elections Mike Bennett staff discovered the fraudduring a routine check of the voter rollthat is done whenever someone requests a mail ballot, the paper reported Friday. He said the voter database is constantly being updated, includingwith information from the state Department of Health on voters who die. As soon as they pulled up the file it showed that she is dead, Elections Mike Bennett said, the paper reported. The supervisors office then compared the handwriting on the absentee ballot request for Wigginss wife with her signature on file, and discovered thatWiggins had forged his wifes signature, according to paper. PENNSYLVANIA OFFICIAL SAYS DUMPED MILITARY BALLOTS NOT INTENTIONAL FRAUD Deputies were alerted on Sept. 17 and prosecutors agreed this weekto take the case to court. Larry Wiggins was booked Thursday on a charge of requesting a vote by mail ballot on behalf of another elector and released on $ 1,500 bail. The crime is punishable by up to five years in prison. Elections Mike Bennett said the Larry Wiggins case was the first case of voter fraud Larry Wiggins has come across in Manatee County since becoming the top elections official in 2012. The amount of fraud committed in Florida in elections is very small.
How much money did you make last year Mail it in. suggestion for a simplified tax form
Translations for e-mail
From our Multilingual Translation Dictionary
- إيميل, بريد إلكترونيArabic
- iмэ́йл, мэйл, электро́нная по́штаBelarusian
- ইমেইল, ই-মেইলBengali
- correu electrònicCatalan, Valencian
- email, e-mailCzech
- e-bost, e-bostio, e-bostio iWelsh
- e-brev, e-mail, e-postDanish
- E-Mail, Mail, mailenGerman
- ηλεκτρονικό ταχυδρομείο, ηλ. ταχ., ηλεκτρονικό μήνυμαGreek
- retpoŝto, retmesaĝo, retleteroEsperanto
- un, enviar, correo electrónico, a, enderezo de correo electrónico, dirección de correo electrónico, correo, través, delSpanish
- e-post, e-kiriEstonian
- پست الکترونیک, آدرس ایمیل, ایمیل, رایانامهPersian
- sähköpostiviesti, sähköposti, sähköpostilla, lähettää, meilata, sähköpostia, sähköpostiosoite, viestiFinnish
- teldubræv, telduposturFaroese
- courriel, mél, e-mail, adresse courriel, courrier électronique, courriels, emailFrench
- post-dealainScottish Gaelic
- correo electrónico, correo, un, do, enviar, a, travésGalician
- דואר אלקטרוני, אימייל, דוא"לHebrew
- ईमेल, ई-पत्र, वि-पत्र भेजना, वि-पत्र, ई-मेलHindi
- էլեկտրոնային փստ, էլ. փոստ, էլեկտրոնային նամակArmenian
- e-mail, tölvubréf, tölvupóstur, netpósturIcelandic
- messaggio di posta elettronica, e-mail, posta elettronicaItalian
- Eメール, メアド, 電子メール, メール, イーメール, メールアドレスJapanese
- ელ, ელექტრონული ფოსტა, იმეილიGeorgian
- អសន្យាណូសារ, អ៊ីមែល, អ-សារKhmer
- 이메일, 메일, 전자메일Korean
- ئی پهیام, ئی نامهKurdish
- el. paštasLithuanian
- електронско писмо, електро́нска по́шта, електронска поракаMacedonian
- и-мэйл, цахим шууданMongolian
- e-mel, surat elektronik, surelMalay
- e-mail, mailen, e-mailen, mail, e-mailbericht, emailDutch
- e-brev, e-post, epostNorwegian
- e-mail, mejlPolish
- [[mandar]] [[por]] [[email]], endereço eletrônico, correio eletrónico, e-mail, [[mandar]]/[[enviar]] ([[um]]) [[e-mail]] ([[para]]), [[mandar]]/[[enviar]] [[e-mails]]Portuguese
- adresă e-mail, [[poștă]] [[electronic]]ă, [[electronic]] [[curier]], e-mail, e-mail mesajRomanian
- письмо́, мейл, сообще́ние, име́йл, электро́нное письмо́, электро́нная по́чта, послать имейлRussian
- විද්යුත් තැපෑලSinhala, Sinhalese
- e-post, mejl, e-mail, e-brev, maila, mejla, e-posta, brev, e-postadress, mailSwedish
- อีเมล์, อีเมล, E-mailThai
- e-posta, e-mail, elektronik postaTurkish
- мейл, електро́нна по́шта, iме́йлUkrainian
- ای میلUrdu
- thư điện tử, emailVietnamese
- בליצפּאָסט, בליצבריוו, בליצבריוולYiddish
Get even more translations for e-mail »
Find a translation for the e-mail definition in other languages:
Select another language:
- - Select -
- 简体中文 (Chinese - Simplified)
- 繁體中文 (Chinese - Traditional)
- Español (Spanish)
- Esperanto (Esperanto)
- 日本語 (Japanese)
- Português (Portuguese)
- Deutsch (German)
- العربية (Arabic)
- Français (French)
- Русский (Russian)
- ಕನ್ನಡ (Kannada)
- 한국어 (Korean)
- עברית (Hebrew)
- Gaeilge (Irish)
- Українська (Ukrainian)
- اردو (Urdu)
- Magyar (Hungarian)
- मानक हिन्दी (Hindi)
- Indonesia (Indonesian)
- Italiano (Italian)
- தமிழ் (Tamil)
- Türkçe (Turkish)
- తెలుగు (Telugu)
- ภาษาไทย (Thai)
- Tiếng Việt (Vietnamese)
- Čeština (Czech)
- Polski (Polish)
- Bahasa Indonesia (Indonesian)
- Românește (Romanian)
- Nederlands (Dutch)
- Ελληνικά (Greek)
- Latinum (Latin)
- Svenska (Swedish)
- Dansk (Danish)
- Suomi (Finnish)
- فارسی (Persian)
- ייִדיש (Yiddish)
- հայերեն (Armenian)
- Norsk (Norwegian)
- English (English)
Word of the Day
Would you like us to send you a FREE new word definition delivered to your inbox daily?
Use the citation below to add this definition to your bibliography:
"e-mail." Definitions.net. STANDS4 LLC, 2023. Web. 10 Dec. 2023. <https://www.definitions.net/definition/e-mail>.