diving, diving event(noun)
an athletic competition that involves diving into water
a headlong plunge into water
The action of the verb to dive in any sense.
The sport of jumping head first into water.
The practice of swimming underwater, especially using a scuba system, and especially for recreation.
Of, relating to or used in diving (jumping into water).
Of, relating to or used in diving (swimming underwater).
That or who dives or dive.
that dives or is used or diving
Diving is the sport of jumping or falling into water from a platform or springboard, sometimes while performing acrobatics. Diving is an internationally-recognized sport that is part of the Olympic Games. In addition, unstructured and non-competitive diving is a recreational pastime. Diving is one of the most popular Olympic sports with spectators. Competitors possess many of the same characteristics as gymnasts and dancers, including strength, flexibility, kinaesthetic judgment and air awareness. Some professional divers were originally gymnasts or dancers as both the sports have similar characteristics to diving. The success of Greg Louganis has led to American strength in diving internationally. China came to prominence when the sport was revolutionized by national coach Liang Boxi. Other noted countries in the sport include Russia, Great Britain, Italy, Australia and Canada.
Chambers 20th Century Dictionary
dīv′ing, n. the action of the verb to dive.—adj. that dives.
U.S. National Library of Medicine
An activity in which the organism plunges into water. It includes scuba and bell diving. Diving as natural behavior of animals goes here, as well as diving in decompression experiments with humans or animals.
The numerical value of diving in Chaldean Numerology is: 2
The numerical value of diving in Pythagorean Numerology is: 2
Examples of diving in a Sentence
Free diving is extremely dangerous, and so even highly trained free divers often die because they lose consciousness on ascent and they drown, if that's happening over thousands of years, then the people who are surviving are those that are carrying the genes that give them an advantage.
A great white jumped into my cage when I was diving in South Africa, half its body was in the cage, and it was snapping at me.
The idea came from witnessing some bad habits that school kids have picked up from the increased coverage of global football, we've seen kids brandish imaginary red cards towards the referee in an attempt to get an opposition player sent off. And also blatantly diving to win penalties.
This is our second year looking for the site, the visibility can be poor, currentsstrongand day after day we have to keep diving and looking and to date we had found nothing.
1. Cupid is a squint sniper 2. Imagination is diving into the bottomless depths of madness. 3. A person is not a person, but only another figure. Look at your prison number. These are not numbers on the shirt, but your name. 4. Sleep is a unique museum of our past, present, and future. In which there is a library that stores unique knowledge. 5. Civilization is when a wild wolf becomes an obedient dog of the system. 6. A person does not want to please people, he wants to tease them. 7. Laziness is an adverse reaction to the artificial system of society. 8. Many people have a love with late ignition. 9. Conclusions - these are human tests, that is, blood, urine and feces. They give out a piece of paper that shows which psychological diseases you are sick with. 10. The corpse of truth, is located somewhere at the bottom of the ocean. 11. Because of slang, jargon and swear words. Words will turn into sounds and letters. 12. No matter how much you read, it is important how much you understand. 13. The enemy rules you with your anger. 14. The gloom of loneliness will give either holiness or madness. 15. Love is the blues of sincere feelings. Awakening in reality something paranormal, something supernatural. 16. Madness is when garbage recycling in the head breaks down. 17. Never confuse truth with opinion. 18. Everyone is drunk by his own madness. 19. If people are directed at you: resentment, envy, causticity, sarcasm, anger, aggression, hatred, revenge, rage - know that all this is the sympathy of people, this does not mean that you are a bad person, just very attractive personality. 20. A love couple who is able to constantly forgive each other is doomed to become the happiest couple in the world. 21. Never listen, and never react to someone who does not know and does not understand you. 22. Author: Musin Almat Zhumabekovich
Popularity rank by frequency of use
Translations for diving
From our Multilingual Translation Dictionary
- гмуркане, скок във водаBulgarian
- saltsCatalan, Valencian
- κατάδυση, καταδύσειςGreek
- submarinismo, buceoSpanish
- sukeltaminen, uimahyppy, sukellus, sukeltavaFinnish
- plongeur, plongeant, plongement, plongeon, plongée sous-marineFrench
- tuffo, subacqueaItalian
- прыжки в воду, ныряние, дайвингRussian
Get even more translations for diving »
Find a translation for the diving definition in other languages:
Select another language:
- - Select -
- 简体中文 (Chinese - Simplified)
- 繁體中文 (Chinese - Traditional)
- Español (Spanish)
- Esperanto (Esperanto)
- 日本語 (Japanese)
- Português (Portuguese)
- Deutsch (German)
- العربية (Arabic)
- Français (French)
- Русский (Russian)
- ಕನ್ನಡ (Kannada)
- 한국어 (Korean)
- עברית (Hebrew)
- Українська (Ukrainian)
- اردو (Urdu)
- Magyar (Hungarian)
- मानक हिन्दी (Hindi)
- Indonesia (Indonesian)
- Italiano (Italian)
- தமிழ் (Tamil)
- Türkçe (Turkish)
- తెలుగు (Telugu)
- ภาษาไทย (Thai)
- Tiếng Việt (Vietnamese)
- Čeština (Czech)
- Polski (Polish)
- Bahasa Indonesia (Indonesian)
- Românește (Romanian)
- Nederlands (Dutch)
- Ελληνικά (Greek)
- Latinum (Latin)
- Svenska (Swedish)
- Dansk (Danish)
- Suomi (Finnish)
- فارسی (Persian)
- ייִדיש (Yiddish)
- հայերեն (Armenian)
- Norsk (Norwegian)
- English (English)