lack of attention and due care
willful lack of care and attention
ignore, disregard, snub, cut(verb)
refuse to acknowledge
"She cut him dead at the meeting"
dismiss, disregard, brush aside, brush off, discount, push aside, ignore(verb)
bar from attention or consideration
"She dismissed his advances"
neglect, ignore, disregard(verb)
give little or no attention to
"Disregard the errors"
The act or state of deliberately not paying attention or caring about.
The government's disregard for the needs of disabled people is outrageous.
not to regard; to pay no heed to; to omit to take notice of; to neglect to observe; to slight as unworthy of regard or notice; as, to disregard the admonitions of conscience
the act of disregarding, or the state of being disregarded; intentional neglect; omission of notice; want of attention; slight
Chambers 20th Century Dictionary
dis-re-gärd′, v.t. to pay no attention to.—n. want of attention: neglect: slight.—adj. Disregard′ful—adv. Disregard′fully.
The numerical value of disregard in Chaldean Numerology is: 7
The numerical value of disregard in Pythagorean Numerology is: 4
CABs tend not to be great deals for issuers, twenty years from now you have a huge liability all at once. PREPA was absolutely right to completely disregard the plan.
Sure, fake news catches and succeeds attention, but for a while; however, it embraces disregard and unreliability forever.
The callous disregard for Luke's life is more proof of the depths of AQAP's depravity, and further reason why the world must never cease in seeking to defeat their evil ideology.
The problem here is systemic racism and disregard for black lives, and so as a doctor, I don't just treat a patient that has a fever when they have a bacterial infection, right ?
If it is determined that a non-state actor such as ISIL was also using chemical weapons, such use would be consistent with ISIL’s record of complete disregard for human rights and international norms and values.
Popularity rank by frequency of use
Translations for disregard
From our Multilingual Translation Dictionary
- игнорирам, незачитане, пренебрежение, пренебрегвамBulgarian
- Nichtbeachten, missachten, Zurücksetzung, Nichtbeachtung, Gleichgültigkeit, MissachtungGerman
- descuidar, desatender, ignorarSpanish
- ohittaa, piittaamattomuus, väheksyä, välinpitämättömyysFinnish
- mépris, ignorer, mépriserFrench
- dìmeasScottish Gaelic
- semmibevevés, semmibe vesz, nemtörődömségHungarian
- pī, piki, whakatuturiMāori
- se bort fraNorwegian
- verontachtzaming, veronachtzamen, negerenDutch
- avfeie, sjå bort fråNorwegian Nynorsk
- dispreț, desconsidera, indiferență, ignora, discreditare, desconsiderare, nepăsareRomanian
- игнори́рование, пренебре́чь, [[не]] [[обраща́ть]] [[внимание, игнори́ровать, пренебреже́ние, проигнори́ровать, пренебрега́ть, [[не]] [[обрати́ть]] [[вниманиеRussian
- bortse från, ignoreraSwedish
- takmama, umursamama, uymama, aldırmazlıkTurkish
Get even more translations for disregard »
Find a translation for the disregard definition in other languages:
Select another language:
- - Select -
- 简体中文 (Chinese - Simplified)
- 繁體中文 (Chinese - Traditional)
- Español (Spanish)
- Esperanto (Esperanto)
- 日本語 (Japanese)
- Português (Portuguese)
- Deutsch (German)
- العربية (Arabic)
- Français (French)
- Русский (Russian)
- ಕನ್ನಡ (Kannada)
- 한국어 (Korean)
- עברית (Hebrew)
- Gaeilge (Irish)
- Українська (Ukrainian)
- اردو (Urdu)
- Magyar (Hungarian)
- मानक हिन्दी (Hindi)
- Indonesia (Indonesian)
- Italiano (Italian)
- தமிழ் (Tamil)
- Türkçe (Turkish)
- తెలుగు (Telugu)
- ภาษาไทย (Thai)
- Tiếng Việt (Vietnamese)
- Čeština (Czech)
- Polski (Polish)
- Bahasa Indonesia (Indonesian)
- Românește (Romanian)
- Nederlands (Dutch)
- Ελληνικά (Greek)
- Latinum (Latin)
- Svenska (Swedish)
- Dansk (Danish)
- Suomi (Finnish)
- فارسی (Persian)
- ייִדיש (Yiddish)
- հայերեն (Armenian)
- Norsk (Norwegian)
- English (English)