dexterity, manual dexterity, sleight(noun)
adroitness in using the hands
Skill in performing tasks, especially with the hands.
Origin: dexteritas, from dexter
readiness and grace in physical activity; skill and ease in using the hands; expertness in manual acts; as, dexterity with the chisel
readiness in the use or control of the mental powers; quickness and skill in managing any complicated or difficult affair; adroitness
The numerical value of dexterity in Chaldean Numerology is: 4
The numerical value of dexterity in Pythagorean Numerology is: 4
Sample Sentences & Example Usage
The bones and several teeth show clear signs of having been deliberately broken by humans with manual dexterity and experiential knowledge.
There aren't many different options for people with limited dexterity, but not everyone functions like an 18-year-old. Some have never functioned at all.
They really handle themselves. With dexterity on the stage in the way that nobody else did, i think it’s likely that one of those two will be the one who come up against the outsider and then we’ll see.
It took less than five minutes into Fox's 'Grease: Live' for director Thomas Kail to throw down the gauntlet, kick it out the door and slam the door shut on just about any future live musicals when it comes to sheer technical dexterity.
This president probably has more philosophic dexterity than most of the presidents I've dealt with in the past, that makes it a little bit different because typically there is sort of a fixed starting point or a fixed ending point on where an administration might be.
Images & Illustrations of dexterity
Translations for dexterity
From our Multilingual Translation Dictionary
- ловкост, сръчностBulgarian
- destresaCatalan, Valencian
- Fingerfertigkeit, GeschicklichkeitGerman
- επιδεξιότητα, επιτηδειότητα, μαστοριά, δεξιοσύνηGreek
- taitavuus, näppäryysFinnish
- זריזות, גמישות, קלות תנועה, מיומנותHebrew
- fürgeség, ügyesség, kézügyességHungarian
- 器用, 素早いJapanese
- спретност, умешностMacedonian
- handigheid, behendigheidDutch
- zręczność, zwinnośćPolish
- abilitate, îndemânare, iscusință, dexteritate, dibăcieRomanian
- сноровка, подвижность, проворность, ловкость, проворствоRussian
- skicklighet, fingerfärdighetSwedish
- بے حدUrdu
Get even more translations for dexterity »
Find a translation for the dexterity definition in other languages:
Select another language: