the distribution of forces in preparation for battle or work
An arrangement or classification of things.
An implementation, or putting into use, of something.
The distribution of military forces prior to battle.
when used in the context of parachuting: the start of something
Origin: * deploy + -ment
the act of deploying; a spreading out of a body of men in order to extend their front
Dictionary of Military and Associated Terms
1. In naval usage, the change from a cruising approach or contact disposition to a disposition for battle. 2. The movement of forces within operational areas. 3. The positioning of forces into a formation for battle. 4. The relocation of forces and materiel to desired operational areas. Deployment encompasses all activities from origin or home station through destination, specifically including intra-continental United States, intertheater, and intratheater movement legs, staging, and holding areas. See also deployment order; deployment planning; prepare to deploy order.
The numerical value of deployment in Chaldean Numerology is: 1
The numerical value of deployment in Pythagorean Numerology is: 3
Sample Sentences & Example Usage
He wasn't adjusting to the deployment like the rest of the guys were.
The deployment of a zero day highlights potential advancement by cyber criminals.
It doesn’t make sense to can the general in the middle of an active deployment.
To our knowledge it is the first statewide deployment of our technology in the U.S..
A stable and effective framework is the only way forward to secure commercial deployment.
Images & Illustrations of deployment
Translations for deployment
From our Multilingual Translation Dictionary
- nasazení, rozvinutíCzech
- implementación, despliegueSpanish
- asettelu, käyttöönottoFinnish
- desdobramento, desenvolvimentoPortuguese
- размещение, внедрение, развёртываниеRussian
Get even more translations for deployment »
Find a translation for the deployment definition in other languages:
Select another language: