rival, challenger, competitor, competition, contender(noun)
the contestant you hope to defeat
"he had respect for his rivals"; "he wanted to know what the competition was doing"
A person or organization against whom one is competing.
A participant in a competition, especially in athletics.
Origin: Formed with the verb to compete and the suffix -or.
one who seeks what another seeks, or claims what another claims; one who competes; a rival
an associate; a confederate
Origin: [L.: cf. F. comptiteur.]
British National Corpus
Rank popularity for the word 'competitor' in Nouns Frequency: #1704
The numerical value of competitor in Chaldean Numerology is: 9
The numerical value of competitor in Pythagorean Numerology is: 8
Sample Sentences & Example Usage
Our competitor is definitely not in great shape.
I want to congratulate Ted Cruz, he's a tough, smart competitor.
That's a very effective sales strategy for our competitor right now.
The FTC thinks that you can't create a viable competitor out of thin air.
She's obviously a tough competitor, it won't be easy, but I'm looking forward to it.
Images & Illustrations of competitor
Translations for competitor
From our Multilingual Translation Dictionary
- съперник, конкурент, състезателBulgarian
- Konkurrent, WettbewerbsteilnehmerGerman
- competidor, contrincanteSpanish
- compétiteur, compétitrice, concurrentFrench
- antagonista, concorrente, rivale, competitore, avversarioItalian
- competidor, concorrente, adversárioPortuguese
- соперница, соперник, конкурентка, конкурентRussian
- rival, suparnik, konkurentSerbo-Croatian
- konkurrent, medtävlareSwedish
Get even more translations for competitor »
Find a translation for the competitor definition in other languages:
Select another language: