a resident of a coastal area
someone who coasts
a covering (plate or mat) that protects the surface of a table (i.e., from the condensation on a cold glass or bottle)
one who coasts.
Something that coasts, such as a sled or toboggan.
A merchant vessel that stays in coastal waters.
A person who originates from or inhabits a coastal area.
A small piece of material used to protect the surface of a table, upon which one places cups or mugs.
A small tray on wheels, used to pass something around a table.
A worthless compact disc or DVD, such as one that was burned incorrectly.
a vessel employed in sailing along a coast, or engaged in the coasting trade
one who sails near the shore
The New Hacker's Dictionary
1. Unuseable CD produced during failed attempt at writing to writeable or re-writeable CD media. Certainly related to the coaster-like shape of a CD, and the relative value of these failures. “I made a lot of coasters before I got a good CD.” 2. Useless CDs received in the mail from the likes of AOL, MSN, CI$, Prodigy, ad nauseam.In the U.K., beermat is often used in these senses.
Dictionary of Nautical Terms
The numerical value of coaster in Chaldean Numerology is: 7
The numerical value of coaster in Pythagorean Numerology is: 9
It feels like a roller coaster, when I'm inside the wheel, when they announce me and my act starts, I forget everything.
We hit an all-time low, it was the worst low I have experienced in gold-mining in the middle of the season. But it gets better, we make a comeback. It’s a huge roller-coaster ride that we are taking the viewers on.
I want to convey the incredible journey that life has taken me on as an artist, a musician, a dancer -- a human being, trying to make Diablo Cody.The way in this world, the focus of this film will always be music. Music has kept me going and art has kept me alive. There are so many untold and inspiring stories and who better to tell it than me. It's essential to share the roller coaster ride of my life with my voice and vision.
I just locked my doors and walked away, it's an emotional roller coaster.
When you look at the first five months of the year it has been an emotional roller coaster that has been beset with investor cognitive errors, most glaring of which was discounting the recession that never happened in January and February.
Popularity rank by frequency of use
Translations for coaster
From our Multilingual Translation Dictionary
- ακτοπλόος, σουβέρ, ακτοπλοϊκόGreek
- bandeja, costero, posavasos, navegador, deslizador, disco, holgazán, montañaSpanish
- kelkka, liuku, rannikkoalus, liukuja, alunen, liukuri, lasinalunenFinnish
- caboteur, sous-verre, coasterFrench
- किनारे का जहाज़Hindi
- nave costiera, sottobicchiereItalian
- bierviltje, kustvaarderDutch
- подставка, каботажное судноRussian
- underlägg, kälke, ölunderlägg, grytunderlägg, släde, karottunderläggSwedish
Get even more translations for coaster »
Find a translation for the coaster definition in other languages:
Select another language:
- - Select -
- 简体中文 (Chinese - Simplified)
- 繁體中文 (Chinese - Traditional)
- Español (Spanish)
- Esperanto (Esperanto)
- 日本語 (Japanese)
- Português (Portuguese)
- Deutsch (German)
- العربية (Arabic)
- Français (French)
- Русский (Russian)
- ಕನ್ನಡ (Kannada)
- 한국어 (Korean)
- עברית (Hebrew)
- Gaeilge (Irish)
- Українська (Ukrainian)
- اردو (Urdu)
- Magyar (Hungarian)
- मानक हिन्दी (Hindi)
- Indonesia (Indonesian)
- Italiano (Italian)
- தமிழ் (Tamil)
- Türkçe (Turkish)
- తెలుగు (Telugu)
- ภาษาไทย (Thai)
- Tiếng Việt (Vietnamese)
- Čeština (Czech)
- Polski (Polish)
- Bahasa Indonesia (Indonesian)
- Românește (Romanian)
- Nederlands (Dutch)
- Ελληνικά (Greek)
- Latinum (Latin)
- Svenska (Swedish)
- Dansk (Danish)
- Suomi (Finnish)
- فارسی (Persian)
- ייִדיש (Yiddish)
- հայերեն (Armenian)
- Norsk (Norwegian)
- English (English)