What does chordae tendineae mean?

Definitions for chordae tendineae
chor·dae tendineae

Here are all the possible meanings and translations of the word chordae tendineae.


Did you actually mean coordination or cretan dittany?

Freebase

  1. Chordae tendineae

    The chordae tendineae, or heart strings, are cord-like tendons that connect the papillary muscles to the tricuspid valve and the mitral valve in the heart. Chordae tendineae are approximately 80% collagen, while the remaining 20% is made up of elastin and endothelial cells.

U.S. National Library of Medicine

  1. Chordae Tendineae

    The tendinous cords that connect each cusp of the two atrioventricular HEART VALVES to appropriate PAPILLARY MUSCLES in the HEART VENTRICLES, preventing the valves from reversing themselves when the ventricles contract.

How to pronounce chordae tendineae?

How to say chordae tendineae in sign language?

Numerology

  1. Chaldean Numerology

    The numerical value of chordae tendineae in Chaldean Numerology is: 8

  2. Pythagorean Numerology

    The numerical value of chordae tendineae in Pythagorean Numerology is: 5

Images & Illustrations of chordae tendineae

  1. chordae tendineaechordae tendineaechordae tendineaechordae tendineaechordae tendineae


Translations for chordae tendineae

From our Multilingual Translation Dictionary

Get even more translations for chordae tendineae »

Translation

Find a translation for the chordae tendineae definition in other languages:

Select another language:

  • - Select -
  • 简体中文 (Chinese - Simplified)
  • 繁體中文 (Chinese - Traditional)
  • Español (Spanish)
  • Esperanto (Esperanto)
  • 日本語 (Japanese)
  • Português (Portuguese)
  • Deutsch (German)
  • العربية (Arabic)
  • Français (French)
  • Русский (Russian)
  • ಕನ್ನಡ (Kannada)
  • 한국어 (Korean)
  • עברית (Hebrew)
  • Gaeilge (Irish)
  • Українська (Ukrainian)
  • اردو (Urdu)
  • Magyar (Hungarian)
  • मानक हिन्दी (Hindi)
  • Indonesia (Indonesian)
  • Italiano (Italian)
  • தமிழ் (Tamil)
  • Türkçe (Turkish)
  • తెలుగు (Telugu)
  • ภาษาไทย (Thai)
  • Tiếng Việt (Vietnamese)
  • Čeština (Czech)
  • Polski (Polish)
  • Bahasa Indonesia (Indonesian)
  • Românește (Romanian)
  • Nederlands (Dutch)
  • Ελληνικά (Greek)
  • Latinum (Latin)
  • Svenska (Swedish)
  • Dansk (Danish)
  • Suomi (Finnish)
  • فارسی (Persian)
  • ייִדיש (Yiddish)
  • հայերեն (Armenian)
  • Norsk (Norwegian)
  • English (English)

Word of the Day

Would you like us to send you a FREE new word definition delivered to your inbox daily?

Please enter your email address:


Discuss these chordae tendineae definitions with the community:

0 Comments

    Citation

    Use the citation below to add this definition to your bibliography:

    Style:MLAChicagoAPA

    "chordae tendineae." Definitions.net. STANDS4 LLC, 2021. Web. 1 Dec. 2021. <https://www.definitions.net/definition/chordae+tendineae>.

    Are we missing a good definition for chordae tendineae? Don't keep it to yourself...

    Browse Definitions.net

    Free, no signup required:

    Add to Chrome

    Get instant definitions for any word that hits you anywhere on the web!

    Free, no signup required:

    Add to Firefox

    Get instant definitions for any word that hits you anywhere on the web!

    Quiz

    Are you a words master?

    »
    indecision in speech or action
    • A. nitrile
    • B. abandon
    • C. wavering
    • D. hodgepodge

    Nearby & related entries:

    Alternative searches for chordae tendineae: