message that is transmitted by radio or television
broadcast, program, programme(verb)
a radio or television show
"did you see his program last night?"
air, send, broadcast, beam, transmit(verb)
broadcast over the airwaves, as in radio or television
"We cannot air this X-rated song"
sow over a wide area, especially by hand
circulate, circularize, circularise, distribute, disseminate, propagate, broadcast, spread, diffuse, disperse, pass around(verb)
cause to become widely known
"spread information"; "circulate a rumor"; "broadcast the news"
A transmission of a radio or television programme aired to be received by anyone with a receiver.
A programme (show, bulletin, documentary ...) so transmitted.
The act of scattering seed.
To transmit a message or signal via radio waves or electronic means
To transmit a message over a wide area
To appear as speaker, presenter or performer in a broadcast program
To sow seeds over a wide area
To send an email in a single transmission to a (typically large) number of people
cast or scattered widely, in all directions
Origin: broad + cast
a casting or throwing seed in all directions, as from the hand in sowing
cast or dispersed in all directions, as seed from the hand in sowing; widely diffused
scattering in all directions (as a method of sowing); -- opposed to planting in hills, or rows
so as to scatter or be scattered in all directions; so as to spread widely, as seed from the hand in sowing, or news from the press
Broadcast are an indie electronic band, founded in Birmingham, England. Original members were Trish Keenan, Roj Stevens, Tim Felton and James Cargill. Various drummers played with the band, including Keith York, Phil Jenkins, Jeremy Barnes, Steve Perkins, and Neil Bullock. As of 2005, the group consisted of Keenan and Cargill, Felton having departed to form a new project, Seeland, with Billy Bainbridge, formerly of another Birmingham Warp act, Plone. After the 2011 death of Trish Keenan, Cargill remains the only member.
Song lyrics by broadcast -- Explore a large variety of song lyrics performed by broadcast on the Lyrics.com website.
British National Corpus
Rank popularity for the word 'broadcast' in Nouns Frequency: #2650
The numerical value of broadcast in Chaldean Numerology is: 9
The numerical value of broadcast in Pythagorean Numerology is: 2
Sample Sentences & Example Usage
No one else has been suspended. Top Gear will not be broadcast this Sunday.
With broadcast, when you're going into people's homes, you have to be a little more polite.
The president has made clear he ’ll consider everything. We’re not going to broadcast our action.
I'd love to see a broadcast from Antarctica. I think that's the only country or territory we have not covered.
They won't broadcast it because if they do, it'll expose one of China's problems the fact that children go missing here.
Images & Illustrations of broadcast
Translations for broadcast
From our Multilingual Translation Dictionary
- uitsaai, uitsendingAfrikaans
- تلفزة, أذاع, إذاعةArabic
- [[предавам]] [[по]] [[радио, разпространявам, хвърлям семена, радиопредаванеBulgarian
- transmetre, emissió, emetreCatalan, Valencian
- vysílání, vysílatCzech
- darllediad, darlleduWelsh
- Sendung, Rundfunk, senden, Übertragung, Ausstrahlung, verbreitenGerman
- εκπομπή, μεταδίδω, σπορά, παρουσιάζω, εκπέμπω, πρόγραμμα, σπέρνω, μετάδοσηGreek
- programa, emisiónSpanish
- lähetys, lähettääFinnish
- radiodiffuser, émission, diffuserFrench
- craolScottish Gaelic
- שידור, שידרHebrew
- vet, adás, sugározHungarian
- diffondere, trasmettere, radiodiffondere, emissione, radiotrasmettere, presentare, diffusione, trasmissione, spargere, andare in onda, mandare in ondaItalian
- 방송, 放送Korean
- whakapāhotanga, whakapaohotanga, whakapaoho, whakapāhoMāori
- siaran, siarkanMalay
- uitzending, omroepen, transmissie, wijdverspreid, uitzaaien, uitzenden, zaaienDutch
- kringkasting, utsending, kringkaste, program, sende utNorwegian
- audycja, nadawaćPolish
- transmitir, semear, transmissão, semeadura, difundir, difusão, apresentarPortuguese
- difuzare, transmisiune, difuza, emisiune, prezenta, emiteRomanian
- передача, распространять, трансляция, вещать, программа, вещание, транслировать, передаватьRussian
- utsändning, program, sända ut, utsända, sändningSwedish
Get even more translations for broadcast »
Find a translation for the broadcast definition in other languages:
Select another language: