blueprint, design, patternnoun
something intended as a guide for making something else
"a blueprint for a house"; "a pattern for a skirt"
photographic print of plans or technical drawings etc.
blueprint, draft, draughtverb
make a blueprint of
A type of paper-based reproduction process producing white-on-blue images, used primarily for technical and architecture's drawings, now largely replaced by other technologies.
A print produced with this process.
A detailed technical drawing (now often in some electronically storable and transmissible form).
Any detailed plan, whether literal or figurative.
To make a blueprint for.
The architect blueprinted the renovation plan once the client had signed off.
To make a detailed operational plan for.
They blueprinted every aspect of the first phase of the operation.
see under Print
A blueprint is a reproduction of a technical drawing, documenting an architecture or an engineering design, using a contact print process on light-sensitive sheets. Invented in the 19th century, the process allowed rapid and accurate reproduction of documents used in construction and industry. The blue-print process was characterized by light colored lines on a blue background, a negative of the original. The process was unable to reproduce color or shades of grey. Various base materials have been used for blueprints. Paper was a common choice; for more durable prints linen was sometimes used, but with time, the linen prints would shrink slightly. To combat this problem, printing on imitation vellum and, later, polyester film was implemented. The process has been largely displaced by the diazo whiteprint process and by large-format xerographic photocopiers, so reproduced drawings are usually called "prints" or just "drawings".
Song lyrics by blueprint -- Explore a large variety of song lyrics performed by blueprint on the Lyrics.com website.
The numerical value of blueprint in Chaldean Numerology is: 9
The numerical value of blueprint in Pythagorean Numerology is: 9
Our model produces part of the blueprint of a human, it's exciting to witness the developmental processes that until now have been hidden from view - and from study.
And maybe that's the blueprint for a future candidate, it's to speak to the values that the country shares and to say we're more than just a demographic category. We're more than just a political partisan.
1. Faith is the exoskeleton of success. 2. Selfishness creates abundance, which creates reality in the oblivion of nothingness. 3. The end of the world is a logical death from vicious, childish stupidity. 4. Everything turns into a technological formality, humanity into the politeness of hypocrisy, the technocracy of indifference, everything is the absolute emptiness of robotic consciousness. 5. The scenario of life is a scheme of life like a blueprint of a building, an abstraction of an illusory labyrinth of paradoxes, a space of dimensions of endless karmic confusion. 6. Life is a space of endless emptiness and illusions in it create an abundance of hallucinations and mirages of narcotic feelings of karmic cycles of déjà vu. 7. The way to the highest dimension of thinking is only through love. 8. 1. Life is a hypnosis of illusions. 2. A cry into emptiness, loneliness in the world of egoists, sensual suffering and emotional hell, from painful awareness, you die of awareness and resurrect differently, humility is like the death of a person in a straitjacket. Author: Musin Almat Zhumabekovich
We are at a watershed, where success in managing forced displacement globally requires a new and far more comprehensive approach so that countries and communities aren't left dealing with this alone, but there is reason for some hope. Fourteen countries are already pioneering a new blueprint for responding to refugee situations and in a matter of months a new Global Compact on Refugees will be ready for adoption by the United Nations General Assembly.
Supporters of the blueprint understand the importance of reforming our tax code in a way that incentivizes investment in the United States and the production of American goods, in American towns, by American workers, meanwhile opponents of the blueprint are trying to stop tax reform and keep the current broken tax system that puts American workers at a disadvantage.
Popularity rank by frequency of use
Translations for blueprint
From our Multilingual Translation Dictionary
- مُخَطَّط, مخططArabic
- Blaupause, Plan, Diazotypie, Lichtpause, EntwurfGerman
- copia de plano, hoja de ruta, cianotipoSpanish
- piirustus, suunnitella, toimintasuunnitelma, sinikopiointi, piirustukset, sinikopioida, suunnitelma, sinikopioFinnish
- cyanotypie, blueprint, planFrench
- 青写真, 青図, 設計図, 計画Japanese
- светокопия, планKyrgyz
- cetakan biruMalay
- blauwdruk, plan, cyanotypieDutch
- plan, copie de plan, schițăRomanian
- проект, светокопия, синька, чертёж, диазотипия, план, диазографияRussian
- dizayn, plan, ozalit kopya, mavi kopya, tasarımTurkish
Get even more translations for blueprint »
Find a translation for the blueprint definition in other languages:
Select another language:
- - Select -
- 简体中文 (Chinese - Simplified)
- 繁體中文 (Chinese - Traditional)
- Español (Spanish)
- Esperanto (Esperanto)
- 日本語 (Japanese)
- Português (Portuguese)
- Deutsch (German)
- العربية (Arabic)
- Français (French)
- Русский (Russian)
- ಕನ್ನಡ (Kannada)
- 한국어 (Korean)
- עברית (Hebrew)
- Gaeilge (Irish)
- Українська (Ukrainian)
- اردو (Urdu)
- Magyar (Hungarian)
- मानक हिन्दी (Hindi)
- Indonesia (Indonesian)
- Italiano (Italian)
- தமிழ் (Tamil)
- Türkçe (Turkish)
- తెలుగు (Telugu)
- ภาษาไทย (Thai)
- Tiếng Việt (Vietnamese)
- Čeština (Czech)
- Polski (Polish)
- Bahasa Indonesia (Indonesian)
- Românește (Romanian)
- Nederlands (Dutch)
- Ελληνικά (Greek)
- Latinum (Latin)
- Svenska (Swedish)
- Dansk (Danish)
- Suomi (Finnish)
- فارسی (Persian)
- ייִדיש (Yiddish)
- հայերեն (Armenian)
- Norsk (Norwegian)
- English (English)