someone engaged in or experienced in warfare
A person who is actively engaged in battle, conflict or warfare; a soldier or combatant.
A person who is aggressively, courageously, or energetically involved in an activity, such as athletics.
a man engaged or experienced in war, or in the military life; a soldier; a champion
Origin: [OE. werreour, OF. werreour, guerreor, from guerre, werre, war. See War, and Warray.]
A warrior is a person skilled in combat or warfare, especially within the context of a tribal or clan-based society that recognizes a separate warrior class.
The Roycroft Dictionary
1. A soldier de luxe. 2. A successful, patriotic thug who has been dead fifty years or more. 3. A fearless person who gains renown by the number of alcoholic drinks he has taken in a day and by the variety and virulence of the venereal diseases he has contracted. 4. A myth, a fable, a lie.
Song lyrics by warrior -- Explore a large variety of song lyrics performed by warrior on the Lyrics.com website.
British National Corpus
Rank popularity for the word 'Warrior' in Nouns Frequency: #2823
The numerical value of Warrior in Chaldean Numerology is: 3
The numerical value of Warrior in Pythagorean Numerology is: 3
Sample Sentences & Example Usage
An army is greater than a warrior.
Alone you are a warrior. Together we are an army.
Alone you are a warrior; together we are an army.
He was a warrior-poet who loved life and loved people.
We need clean, sincere anti-graft warrior Akhbar satar
Images & Illustrations of Warrior
Translations for Warrior
From our Multilingual Translation Dictionary
- مقاتل, محاربArabic
- guerrerCatalan, Valencian
- válečník, bojovníkCzech
- μαχητής, πολεμιστήςGreek
- taistelija, soturi, sotilasFinnish
- laoch, gaiscíochIrish
- gaisgeach, laochScottish Gaelic
- לוֹחֶמֶת, לוֹחֵםHebrew
- लड़ाका, योद्धाHindi
- մարտիկ, ռազմիկArmenian
- pendekar, pejuangIndonesian
- 武士, 武者, 武人, 戦士Japanese
- 싸울아비, 전사, 武士, 무사, 戰士Korean
- bellator, bellatrix, pugnatorLatin
- karotājs, cīnītājs, karavīrsLatvian
- kriger, warriorNorwegian
- naabaahiiNavajo, Navaho
- bojownik, wojownik, żołnierzPolish
- guerreiro, guerreiraPortuguese
- luptător, războinicRomanian
- солдат, боец, воинRussian
- borec, bojevnik, vojščakSlovene
- аскар, ҷанговарTajik
- вояк, воїн, боєцьUkrainian
Get even more translations for Warrior »
Find a translation for the Warrior definition in other languages:
Select another language: