validation, proof, substantiation(noun)
the act of validating; finding or testing the truth of something
the cognitive process of establishing a valid proof
The act of validating something.
Something, such as a certificate, that validates something; attestation, authentication, confirmation, proof or verification.
The process whereby others confirm the validity of one's emotions.
the act of giving validity
Origin: [Cf. F. validation.]
In the pharmaceutical, medical device, food, blood establishments, tissue establishments, and clinical trials industries, validation is the documented act of demonstrating that a procedure, process, and activity will consistently lead to the expected results. It often includes the qualification of systems and equipment. It is a requirement for good manufacturing practices and other regulatory requirements. Since a wide variety of procedures, processes, and activities need to be validated, the field of validation is divided into a number of subsections including the following: ⁕Equipment validation ⁕Facilities validation ⁕HVAC system validation ⁕Cleaning validation ⁕Process validation ⁕Analytical method validation ⁕Computer system validation Similarly, the activity of qualifying systems and equipment is divided into a number of subsections including the following: ⁕Design qualification ⁕Component qualification ⁕Installation qualification ⁕Operational qualification ⁕Performance qualification
Dictionary of Military and Associated Terms
1. A process associated with the collection and production of intelligence that confirms that an intelligence collection or production requirement is sufficiently important to justify the dedication of intelligence resources, does not duplicate an existing requirement, and has not been previously satisfied. 2. A part of target development that ensures all vetted targets meet the objectives and criteria outlined in the commander
The numerical value of Validation in Chaldean Numerology is: 6
The numerical value of Validation in Pythagorean Numerology is: 8
Sample Sentences & Example Usage
It was validation, it was emotional.
It’s really a validation of what we are doing.
You can require respect, ask for tolerance but you cannot demand validation
In politics, when there is a validation of what the perception is, it is bad news.
You're dealing with the demon of external validation. You can't beat external validation. You want to know why Because it feels sooo good.
Images & Illustrations of Validation
Translations for Validation
From our Multilingual Translation Dictionary
- التحقق من صحةArabic
- Bestätigung, GültigkeitserklärungGerman
- kinnitus, tõendEstonian
- uzasadnienie, potwierdzenie, walidacja, uprawomocnieniePolish
- certificare, validare, confirmareRomanian
- ратифика́ция, легализа́ция, валида́ция, утвержде́ниеRussian
Get even more translations for Validation »
Find a translation for the Validation definition in other languages:
Select another language: