the activity of protecting someone or something
"the witnesses demanded police protection"
protective covering, protective cover, protection(noun)
a covering that is intend to protect from damage or injury
"they had no protection from the fallout"; "wax provided protection for the floors"
defense against financial failure; financial independence
"his pension gave him security in his old age"; "insurance provided protection against loss of wages due to illness"
the condition of being protected
"they were huddled together for protection"; "he enjoyed a sense of peace and protection in his new home"
auspices, protection, aegis(noun)
kindly endorsement and guidance
"the tournament was held under the auspices of the city council"
protection, trade protection(noun)
the imposition of duties or quotas on imports in order to protect domestic industry against foreign competition
"he made trade protection a plank in the party platform"
payment extorted by gangsters on threat of violence
"every store in the neighborhood had to pay him protection"
The process of keeping (something or someone) safe.
The state of being safe.
A contraceptive device.
Immunity from harm obtained by illegal payments, as bribery or extortion.
Restrictions on foreign competitors that limit their ability to compete with domestic producers of goods or services.
An instance of a security token associated with a resource (such as a file.)
the act of protecting, or the state of being protected; preservation from loss, injury, or annoyance; defense; shelter; as, the weak need protection
that which protects or preserves from injury; a defense; a shield; a refuge
a writing that protects or secures from molestation or arrest; a pass; a safe-conduct; a passport
a theory, or a policy, of protecting the producers in a country from foreign competition in the home market by the imposition of such discriminating duties on goods of foreign production as will restrict or prevent their importation; -- opposed to free trade
Protection is the second album by Bristol-based trip hop collective Massive Attack. It was last to feature Tricky as a member of the group, after going solo with his album Maxinquaye in 1995.
The Nuttall Encyclopedia
name given to the encouragement of certain home products of a country by imposing duties on foreign products of the class, opposed to free-trade.
Dictionary of Military and Associated Terms
1. Preservation of the effectiveness and survivability of mission-related military and nonmilitary personnel, equipment, facilities, information, and infrastructure deployed or located within or outside the boundaries of a given operational area. 2. In space usage, active and passive defensive measures to ensure that United States and friendly space systems perform as designed by seeking to overcome an adversary
The Foolish Dictionary, by Gideon Wurdz
Originally, the swaddling clothes of the infant, Industry; now, merely the shoe-lacings for the giant, Monopoly.
The protection symbol -- In this Symbols.com article you will learn about the meaning of the protection symbol and its characteristic.
British National Corpus
Spoken Corpus Frequency
Rank popularity for the word 'Protection' in Spoken Corpus Frequency: #1269
Written Corpus Frequency
Rank popularity for the word 'Protection' in Written Corpus Frequency: #1874
Rank popularity for the word 'Protection' in Nouns Frequency: #586
How to say Protection in sign language?
The numerical value of Protection in Chaldean Numerology is: 1
The numerical value of Protection in Pythagorean Numerology is: 9
Examples of Protection in a Sentence
Images & Illustrations of Protection
Popularity rank by frequency of use
Translations for Protection
From our Multilingual Translation Dictionary
- حَمَى, حمايةArabic
- proteccióCatalan, Valencian
- protekce, ochranaCzech
- protektionismi, turva, suojelu, turvaaminen, [[protektionistinen]] [[toimenpide]], vakuutusturva, turvallisuus, suojaaminen, ehkäisy, suoja, suojausFinnish
- sgàth, dìon, dìdean, sgiath, tèarmannScottish Gaelic
- pwoteksyonHaitian Creole
- 防護, 保護Japanese
- parastin, پاڕێزگاری, sitar, پاراستن, pena, sitirandinKurdish
- protectio, defensa, defensio, praesidiumLatin
- parahau, whakarurutangaMāori
- protecção, proteçãoPortuguese
- ocrotire, protejare, protecțieRomanian
- охрана, защитаRussian
- оберега, заступа, захист, заслона, прикриття, оборона, охорона, заступництво, забезпека, протекціонізмUkrainian
- sự bảo vệVietnamese
- waerantixhaedje, proteccionWalloon
Get even more translations for Protection »
Find a translation for the Protection definition in other languages:
Select another language:
- - Select -
- 简体中文 (Chinese - Simplified)
- 繁體中文 (Chinese - Traditional)
- Español (Spanish)
- 日本語 (Japanese)
- Português (Portuguese)
- Deutsch (German)
- العربية (Arabic)
- Français (French)
- Русский (Russian)
- ಕನ್ನಡ (Kannada)
- 한국어 (Korean)
- עברית (Hebrew)
- Український (Ukrainian)
- اردو (Urdu)
- Magyar (Hungarian)
- मानक हिन्दी (Hindi)
- Indonesia (Indonesian)
- Italiano (Italian)
- தமிழ் (Tamil)
- Türkçe (Turkish)
- తెలుగు (Telugu)
- ภาษาไทย (Thai)
- Tiếng Việt (Vietnamese)
- Čeština (Czech)
- Polski (Polish)
- Bahasa Indonesia (Indonesian)
- Românește (Romanian)
- Nederlands (Dutch)
- Ελληνικά (Greek)
- Latinum (Latin)
- Svenska (Swedish)
- Dansk (Danish)
- Suomi (Finnish)
- فارسی (Persian)
- ייִדיש (Yiddish)
- հայերեն (Armenian)
- Norsk (Norwegian)
- English (English)