Definitions for LAPTOP
This dictionary definitions page includes all the possible meanings, example usage and translations of the word LAPTOP.
laptop, laptop computernoun
a portable computer small enough to use in your lap
A laptop computer.
A laptop is a small, portable personal computer with a clamshell design that integrates several key components such as a screen, keyboard, touchpad, speakers, and often, a webcam. It is equipped with a rechargeable battery, and is designed for use during travel or in various locations like offices, schools, or homes. Laptops typically have similar functionality and capabilities as desktop computers including internet access, software applications, and data storage.
A laptop computer is a portable personal computer with a clamshell form factor, suitable for mobile use. A laptop has most of the same components as a desktop computer, including a display, a keyboard, a pointing device such as a touchpad and/or a pointing stick, and speakers into a single unit. A laptop is powered by mains electricity via an AC adapter, and can be used away from an outlet using a rechargeable battery. Laptops are also sometimes called notebook computers or notebooks. Other terms, such as ultrabooks or netbooks, refer to specific types of laptop / notebook. Portable computers, originally monochrome CRT-based and developed into the modern laptops, were originally considered to be a small niche market, mostly for specialized field applications such as the military, accountants and sales representatives. As portable computers became smaller, lighter, cheaper, more powerful and as screens became larger and of better quality, laptops became very widely used for all sorts of purposes.
A type of computer created and designed in various colors, materials, mechanisms, shapes, sizes and styles.
The laptop works efficiently and effectively.
Submitted by MaryC on February 24, 2020
Song lyrics by laptop -- Explore a large variety of song lyrics performed by laptop on the Lyrics.com website.
The numerical value of LAPTOP in Chaldean Numerology is: 4
The numerical value of LAPTOP in Pythagorean Numerology is: 8
The MOUSE , The KEYBOARD and The Monitor over the years came closer and closer and became a family known as LAPTOP
I opened up my laptop and searched ‘Steve Scalise’ and ‘David Duke’ and within 35 seconds I found the Stormfront post.
Comey said he had a secure FBI laptop waiting for him in his FBI vehicle and that when he got into the vehicle, he was handed the laptop and began typing as the vehicle moved.
That's the big difference with nowadays, because when you jam to a track you already know what it is, and then right away you have the song in your phone or your laptop...that was a very magical period because you played a track and people said 'I know this track,' but they still couldn't find it. That was very special.
Now, you can just get a laptop, get some software, put a microphone on it and make a record. You have to know how to do it. It does help if you've had 35 or 40 years of experience in the studio. But, it still levels the playing field so artists can record their own stuff.
Popularity rank by frequency of use
Translations for LAPTOP
From our Multilingual Translation Dictionary
- حاسوب محمول, لابتوب, كمبيوتر محمولArabic
- ল্যাপটপ কম্পিউটার, ল্যাপটপBengali
- ordinador portàtil, portàtilCatalan, Valencian
- bærbar, bærbar computerDanish
- Klapprechner, LaptopGerman
- laptop, [[φορητός]] [[υπολογιστής]]Greek
- sinokomputilo, tekokomputiloEsperanto
- portátil, ordenador portátil, computadora portátil, computador portátilSpanish
- rüperaal, sülearvutiEstonian
- لپ تاپ, لپتاپPersian
- kannettava, kannettava tietokone, läppäriFinnish
- computadora portátil, portátil, computador portátil, ordenador portátilGalician
- מחשב ניידHebrew
- hordozható számítógép, laptop, notebookHungarian
- komputer jinjing, laptopIndonesian
- ferðatölva, fartölvaIcelandic
- il computer portatileItalian
- מחשב ניידHebrew
- ノートパソコン, ラップトップJapanese
- 노트, 랩톱Korean
- barrlennel, laptopCornish
- skreitinukas, skreitinis kompiuterisLithuanian
- лаптоп, преносен компјутерMacedonian
- komputer ribaMalay
- notebook, laptopDutch
- laptop, komputer przenośnyPolish
- portátil, computador portátilPortuguese
- laptop, calculator portabil, computer portabil, notebookRomanian
- лэптоп, портативный компьютер, ноутбукRussian
- prénosnīk, прије́носнӣк, prijénosnīk, пре́носнӣкSerbo-Croatian
- ජංගම පරිගණකයSinhala, Sinhalese
- bärbar dator, portföljdator, laptopSwedish
- dizüstü bilgisayar, dizüstüTurkish
- لیپ ٹاپUrdu
- máy tính xách tay, laptopVietnamese
Get even more translations for LAPTOP »
Find a translation for the LAPTOP definition in other languages:
Select another language:
- - Select -
- 简体中文 (Chinese - Simplified)
- 繁體中文 (Chinese - Traditional)
- Español (Spanish)
- Esperanto (Esperanto)
- 日本語 (Japanese)
- Português (Portuguese)
- Deutsch (German)
- العربية (Arabic)
- Français (French)
- Русский (Russian)
- ಕನ್ನಡ (Kannada)
- 한국어 (Korean)
- עברית (Hebrew)
- Gaeilge (Irish)
- Українська (Ukrainian)
- اردو (Urdu)
- Magyar (Hungarian)
- मानक हिन्दी (Hindi)
- Indonesia (Indonesian)
- Italiano (Italian)
- தமிழ் (Tamil)
- Türkçe (Turkish)
- తెలుగు (Telugu)
- ภาษาไทย (Thai)
- Tiếng Việt (Vietnamese)
- Čeština (Czech)
- Polski (Polish)
- Bahasa Indonesia (Indonesian)
- Românește (Romanian)
- Nederlands (Dutch)
- Ελληνικά (Greek)
- Latinum (Latin)
- Svenska (Swedish)
- Dansk (Danish)
- Suomi (Finnish)
- فارسی (Persian)
- ייִדיש (Yiddish)
- հայերեն (Armenian)
- Norsk (Norwegian)
- English (English)
Word of the Day
Would you like us to send you a FREE new word definition delivered to your inbox daily?
Use the citation below to add this definition to your bibliography:
"LAPTOP." Definitions.net. STANDS4 LLC, 2023. Web. 29 Nov. 2023. <https://www.definitions.net/definition/LAPTOP>.