Definitions for Flora
ˈflɔr ə, ˈfloʊr ə; ˈflɔr i, ˈfloʊr iFlo·ra
Here are all the possible meanings and translations of the word Flora.
vegetation, flora, botanynoun
all the plant life in a particular region or period
"Pleistocene vegetation"; "the flora of southern California"; "the botany of China"
plant, flora, plant lifenoun
(botany) a living organism lacking the power of locomotion
plants considered as a group, especially those of a particular country, region, time, etc.
a book describing the plants of a country etc.
The microorganisms that inhabit some part of the body, such as intestinal flora
The goddess of flowers, guardian of the flora, an equivalent of the Greek Chloris.
the goddess of flowers, nature and spring; she is also the wife of Favonius and the mother of Karpos. She is the Roman counterpart of Chloris.
8 Flora, a main-belt asteroid.
A female given name from Latin.
What lovely names for girls there are! / There's Stella like the Evening Star, / And Sylvia like a rustling tree, / And Lola like a melody, / And Flora like a flowery morn,
A municipality of Norway.
A city in Illinois.
A resort in Suriname.
A municipality of the Philippines.
A town in Indiana; named for founder John Flora.
A town in Mississippi; named for early resident Flora Mann Jones.
A village in Norway.
Etymology: From Latin Flōra (Roman goddess of flowers).
the goddess of flowers and spring
the complete system of vegetable species growing without cultivation in a given locality, region, or period; a list or description of, or treatise on, such plants
Etymology: [L., the goddess of flowers, from flos, floris, flower. See Flower.]
Flora is the plant life occurring in a particular region or time, generally the naturally occurring or indigenous—native plant life. The corresponding term for animal life is fauna. Flora, fauna and other forms of life such as fungi are collectively referred to as biota. Bacterial organisms, algae, and other organisms are sometimes referred to as flora, so that for example the terms bacterial flora and plant flora are used separately.
Chambers 20th Century Dictionary
flō′ra, n. the collective plants or vegetable species of a region, country, or district: a work containing a descriptive enumeration of these.—adj. Flō′ral, pertaining to Flora or to flowers: (bot.) containing the flower.—adv. Flō′rally.—n. Floréal (flō-rā-al′), the 8th month of the French revolutionary calendar, April 20-May 20.—adj. Flō′reāted, decorated with floral ornament.—n. Flores′cence, a bursting into flower: (bot.) the time when plants flower.—adj. Flores′cent, bursting into flowers.—n. Flō′ret (bot.), the flowers of any small and closely crowded inflorescence which resembles at first sight a single flower—e.g. composites, teasels, grasses, &c.—adj. Flōricul′tural.—ns. Flō′riculture, the culture of flowers or plants; Flōricul′turist, a florist.—adj. Flor′id, bright in colour: flushed with red: containing flowers of rhetoric or lively figures: richly ornamental.—adv. Flor′idly.—n. Flor′idness.—adjs. Flōrif′erous, bearing or producing flowers; Flō′riform, flower-shaped.—ns. Flōrilē′gium, an anthology or collection of choice extracts; Flor′ist, a cultivator of flowers: one who writes an account of plants. [L. Flora, the goddess of flowers.]
The Nuttall Encyclopedia
goddess of the blossom of flowers and the spring, an early Roman divinity; had in the time of Numa a flamen (q. v.) to herself.
(Flo′ra), goddess of flowers and gardens, was wife of Zephyrus. She enjoyed perpetual youth. Her Grecian name was Chloris.
The numerical value of Flora in Chaldean Numerology is: 3
The numerical value of Flora in Pythagorean Numerology is: 7
This has been an ecological disaster, a disaster that is still unfolding, we know that our native flora and fauna have been very badly damaged.
Ms. Waight Keller designed a veil representing the distinctive flora of each Commonwealth country united in one spectacular floral composition.
1. It is egoism that leads to the latent destruction of mental, elastic genes. The adaptive transformation functions of conformism lead them to complete vulnerability. Selfishness as the basis for the development of marketing of human weakness. 2. The exchange rate of the currencies of human weakness is growing, on the stock exchange it is self-interest, people are becoming weaker mentally and spiritually. 3. Paleontology of conservatism and theology of morality. All this is a thing of the past, since the world inevitably goes into the shell of a black hole of egoism. 4. In the midst of blindness from hypocrisy. The intuition of conscience is a ballistic echolocation of the navigator of feelings and emotions. It is often confused with self-deception of selfishness. 5. The mind is like a lowrider, not all the wheels of thinking move normally with the effect of spinning wheels, karmic, deja vu rumination of thought, moving in one direction, then in another. Thinking is like a machine, bouncing forward. With neon illuminated holiness. 1. Life is a children's book of the infantilism of childhood traumas, with three-dimensional pictures. The scenery of the script is all ready in advance. 2. Modernity lives without love. Cynicism, sociopathy of commercialism, where inflation leads to mental impotence of indifference in solitude, where infantilism is the basis of idealism. The brain becomes a call center of indifference. 3. Books are like a ticket to a movie, you don't know if it's a great movie or not, the title and annotation are like a movie trailer. If the book contains schematic specifics, then the film was a success. If not, then this is a subjective banality, a fog of ignorance and ignorance and advertising of your name. 4. Patriotic science leads to paranoid impasse, pareidolic theories and apophenia of hypotheses and anamorphosis of opinions. Apathetic depression of pseudoscientific problems, from what is impossible to prove. Clownery and hypocrisy of self-doubt, politicized science plunges into skepticism. 5. Philosophy and art are the taste of life, this is the cooking of symbolic subjectivism in search of pain from spiritual synesthesia of insight into logical concreteness. Mental destruction for the sake of creating more perfect thinking. Where the mental gourmets of the cognitive hyperrealism of clarity, aesthetic awareness gather. 6. Biology of the body as a code of greed of instincts, an algorithm of vices and marketing of fear. In the coffin, eternity is dreaming, the evolutionary maturation of consciousness where the teacher is only conscience, and guilt makes it possible to feel alive and insignificant, it awakens humanity. The truth is visible only to the ghostly spectator, but not to the actor of hypocrisy obsessed with self-deception. In life, only emptiness. You are not alive at all, you are dreaming about the eternity of reincarnation and the wheel of samsara. 7. The binary code of human behavior is based on the reciprocity algorithm: justice, guilt, conscience. 8. Sinners wake up in hell. 9. Manipulating a person with the help of his own self-interest is an artistic choreography of a voodoo puppet. The art of gesture movements of hypocritical egoism. 1. Evolutionary, gene transformation of the chimera of thinking The evolutionary, gene transformation of the chimera of thinking, due to the gene of ingenuity and egoism, seems to expand the universe of disunity. How the mental health of people is changing in the history of mankind can be seen in psychology, philosophy, science and culture. Anthropomorphic worldview of multiculturalism and hydras of science and pop culture that raise mestizos of globalism of various mentalities. 2. In life, the past is romantic or depressive, the present is myopic, the future is inadequate. 3. The ocean of thought and the ocean evaporates from intense awareness and the water turns into steam and the drops go to the sky and return to the ocean with rain. 4. The dark side of the personality is the dark face of the suffering of the soul. 5. The emptiness of life and reality, like pure snow, cover the earth with indifference. The world of people freezes from selfishness and the mysterious twilight of the unknown 6. Musical instruments of vices, instincts, feelings and emotions are an endless improvisation of truth and revelations, anatomy of human philosophy, which reveals the evolution of the human psyche, its philosophy, the complete history is a complete mental portrait of human history, various sounds of manipulation from various childhood fears. 7. Laziness gave rise to money, money gave rise to selfishness, selfishness gave rise to slavery as we are controlled with the help of our own selfishness. Selfishness and laziness lead to degradation and atrophy of many genes. 1. We are in the womb of materialism, in a cocoon of illusions of fear, where slaves are born. 2. Deja vu karmic, infantile nostalgia New neurons of thinking are formed in the anatomy of philosophy, evolutionary maturation is formed. In the bathysphere, one perceives the bottomless depth of philosophy with the unknown flora and fauna of evolutionary thinking. More and more often, one can feel the deja vu karmic, infantile nostalgia of romance keeps us in the karmic merry-go-rounds and the swing of childish stubbornness and cheerful fear. Where love finds eternity in the nostalgia of romance, a sense of the pricelessness of the moments. We remain in the past during life and after life. where we experience déjà vu as we are ghosts. Consciousness matures with each new life, and subconsciousness is a piggy bank of nostalgia. Reincarnation and the wheel of samsara is the kindergarten of infantilism and childhood fears. This is a time loop of a philosophical lesson in life. Incubator and cocoon of growing up. Amnesia lowers everything into oblivion, and life turns into nothingness, and only intuition is the navigator of genius and maturity in eternity. Life is not enough to understand its laws of variability, there are only theories. Only the evolution of fear and selfishness is possible. Science and culture are useless without knowledge of the future. 3. The game leads to the logical end of the cycle. From one playful, infantile mindset of manipulation of populism to another. All modes change as the design and graphics of the game reality change. 4. We are limited by the illusion of materialism in the small screen of marketing It's amazing how we are constrained by the illusion of materialism in the small screen of marketing. Nature seems to be endless as the earth is round. With its abundance and originality in colors. There, in natural landscapes, freedom of thought and the flight of poetry like birds in the sky. Computers suck life out of us as well as materialism. In nature, we feel the infinity of life, in the harmonious cycles of rebirth. The world is so gigantic and the screen is so small. Nature as the best decor for life. Sweet dream of life in nature. Life seems full, and the soul is full of happiness and romance. No urban autism. 5. Poetic beauty of a Kazakh woman You are my hot attraction, I do not control myself at all. I want to cling to you with my love like a leech. From your appearance, the impotent will get up, anyone will feel like a romantic. You are the eternal inspiration of romance. This is how your image sounds poetically in the bright colors of epic prose. You are the hard drug with the most powerful addiction. You are not enough all the time. Without you, everything is meaningless and insignificant. All grammy songs are about you. All that has to do with you are Oscar-worthy romantic films. The hot heat of love, the burn of passion from your body. The tongue and lips reach out to you by themselves. Your image has powerfully merged in consciousness and subconsciousness. Powerful mental addiction. It's useless to give up on you. You are like an orgasm of poetry. You are like an endless love journey. Oh my God, my mind says, you are like an obscene delight. You are the medicine for my mind. 6. Hope is like leaves on trees. 7. Hints of awareness Controversy and discussion like wushu kong fu and contactless combat, subtly and refined, hints of awareness sound, the wisdom of redirected aggression sounds like a discussion of aikido. Battles for the heart. Consciousness, thinking as the direction of consciousness of the philosophy of life energy qi and prana of thinking. Where traditional folk music is the rhythms of the cyclical nature of life as the cyclical nature. Philosophy of life, its wealth and abundance. Meditative romance of being and the philosophy of life, its subtle vibrations of insight sound like a whisper of eternity. 8. We are a broken nature, we are divorced from the laws of nature from the romantic philosophy of being, but we preserve the pragmatism of the Stone Age. This is what connects us to the natural world. Instincts are our cradle of nature. On a cognitive level, thought development is how human evolution develops. 9. We're in the ghost matrix We are in a ghostly matrix, we are in the past and this is our eternity. In the time loop of karmic nostalgia, reincarnation and the wheel of samsara, where the philosophical romance of awareness of the soul and heart is intensified. We do not understand that we have been dead for a long time. 10. Poetry is an eloquent painting of emotions, a prosaic sense of reality. 11. The stages of life as the cycles of the moon, the regularity of the influence of the biology of the body, and only selfishness, money and character take away from the natural norm of the processes of life. 12. A person as a traveler in the natural world of people, the subconscious as a vacuum cleaner accumulates and projects everything that is in this world, a person is like a turtle who moves on himself everything that humanity has created in his mind, like a heavy load, a person from this is still moving on on all fours like a turtle, thinking has become a whole industry of thought production. Where ideas are not a medicine, but only a commodity in the marketing of vanity and selfishness. Author: Musin Almat Zhumabekovich
My instruction to my parents at the outset of this ordeal was for them to' keep on this side of the grass, and likewise to make sure Flora did the same !' however after almost three years, there is little they can do except keep her as happy and healthy as possible, and hope for the best.
Our current list of lost species is over 2,000 and they cover the whole breadth of flora, fauna and fungi across the world.
Popularity rank by frequency of use
Translations for Flora
From our Multilingual Translation Dictionary
- flóra, květenaCzech
- Flora, Pflanzenwelt, PflanzenreichGerman
- flaŭro, plantaroEsperanto
- flore intestinale, floreFrench
- flóra, gróðurríkiIcelandic
- 植物誌, 植物相Japanese
- floră microbială, floră intestinală, floră bacterială, florăRomanian
Get even more translations for Flora »
Find a translation for the Flora definition in other languages:
Select another language:
- - Select -
- 简体中文 (Chinese - Simplified)
- 繁體中文 (Chinese - Traditional)
- Español (Spanish)
- Esperanto (Esperanto)
- 日本語 (Japanese)
- Português (Portuguese)
- Deutsch (German)
- العربية (Arabic)
- Français (French)
- Русский (Russian)
- ಕನ್ನಡ (Kannada)
- 한국어 (Korean)
- עברית (Hebrew)
- Gaeilge (Irish)
- Українська (Ukrainian)
- اردو (Urdu)
- Magyar (Hungarian)
- मानक हिन्दी (Hindi)
- Indonesia (Indonesian)
- Italiano (Italian)
- தமிழ் (Tamil)
- Türkçe (Turkish)
- తెలుగు (Telugu)
- ภาษาไทย (Thai)
- Tiếng Việt (Vietnamese)
- Čeština (Czech)
- Polski (Polish)
- Bahasa Indonesia (Indonesian)
- Românește (Romanian)
- Nederlands (Dutch)
- Ελληνικά (Greek)
- Latinum (Latin)
- Svenska (Swedish)
- Dansk (Danish)
- Suomi (Finnish)
- فارسی (Persian)
- ייִדיש (Yiddish)
- հայերեն (Armenian)
- Norsk (Norwegian)
- English (English)