the act of working out the form of something (as by making a sketch or outline or plan)
"he contributed to the design of a new instrument"
an arrangement scheme
"the awkward design of the keyboard made operation difficult"; "it was an excellent design for living"; "a plan for seating guests"
blueprint, design, patternnoun
something intended as a guide for making something else
"a blueprint for a house"; "a pattern for a skirt"
design, pattern, figurenoun
a decorative or artistic work
"the coach had a design on the doors"
purpose, intent, intention, aim, designnoun
an anticipated outcome that is intended or that guides your planned actions
"his intent was to provide a new translation"; "good intentions are not enough"; "it was created with the conscious aim of answering immediate needs"; "he made no secret of his designs"
a preliminary sketch indicating the plan for something
"the design of a building"
invention, innovation, excogitation, conception, designverb
the creation of something in the mind
plan, project, contrive, designverb
make or work out a plan for; devise
"They contrived to murder their boss"; "design a new sales strategy"; "plan an attack"
plan something for a specific role or purpose or effect
"This room is not designed for work"
create the design for; create or execute in an artistic or highly skilled manner
"Chanel designed the famous suit"
make a design of; plan out in systematic, often graphic form
"design a better mousetrap"; "plan the new wing of the museum"
"Dupont designs for the house of Chanel"
conceive or fashion in the mind; invent
"She designed a good excuse for not attending classes that day"
intend or have as a purpose
"She designed to go far in the world of business"
A plan (with more or less detail) for the structure and functions of an artifact, building or system.
A pattern, as an element of a work of art or architecture.
The composition of a work of art.
Intention or plot.
The shape or appearance given to an object, especially one that is intended to make it more attractive.
The art of designing
Danish design of furniture is world-famous.
To assign, appoint (something to someone); to designate.
To plan and carry out (a picture, work of art, construction etc.).
to draw preliminary outline or main features of; to sketch for a pattern or model; to delineate; to trace out; to draw
to mark out and exhibit; to designate; to indicate; to show; to point out; to appoint
to create or produce, as a work of art; to form a plan or scheme of; to form in idea; to invent; to project; to lay out in the mind; as, a man designs an essay, a poem, a statue, or a cathedral
to intend or purpose; -- usually with for before the remote object, but sometimes with to
to form a design or designs; to plan
a preliminary sketch; an outline or pattern of the main features of something to be executed, as of a picture, a building, or a decoration; a delineation; a plan
a plan or scheme formed in the mind of something to be done; preliminary conception; idea intended to be expressed in a visible form or carried into action; intention; purpose; -- often used in a bad sense for evil intention or purpose; scheme; plot
specifically, intention or purpose as revealed or inferred from the adaptation of means to an end; as, the argument from design
the realization of an inventive or decorative plan; esp., a work of decorative art considered as a new creation; conception or plan shown in completed work; as, this carved panel is a fine design, or of a fine design
the invention and conduct of the subject; the disposition of every part, and the general order of the whole
Design is the creation of a plan or convention for the construction of an object or a system. Design has different connotations in different fields. In some cases the direct construction of an object is also considered to be design. More formally design has been defined as follows. Another definition for design is a roadmap or a strategic approach for someone to achieve a unique expectation. It defines the specifications, plans, parameters, costs, activities, processes and how and what to do within legal, political, social, environmental, safety and economic constraints in achieving that objective. Here, a "specification" can be manifested as either a plan or a finished product, and "primitives" are the elements from which the design object is composed. With such a broad denotation, there is no universal language or unifying institution for designers of all disciplines. This allows for many differing philosophies and approaches toward the subject.
Chambers 20th Century Dictionary
de-zīn′, or de-sīn′, v.t. to draw: to form a plan of: to contrive: to intend.—n. a drawing or sketch: a plan in outline: a plan or scheme formed in the mind: plot: intention.—adj. Design′able.—v.t. Des′ignāte, to mark out so as to make known: to show: to name.—ns. Designā′tion, a showing or pointing out: name: title; Des′ignātor.—adv. Design′edly, by design: intentionally.—n. Design′er, one who furnishes designs or patterns: a plotter.—adjs. Design′ful, full of design; Design′ing, artful: scheming: deceitful.—n. the art of making designs or patterns.—adj. Design′less.—n. Design′ment, the design or sketch of a work: (Shak.) intention, purpose, enterprise.—The argument from design, the argument for the existence of God derived from the evidences of design in creation. [Fr.,—L. designāre, -ātum—de, and signum, a mark.]
To create with our imagination, soul, spirit, subconscious, conscience, consciousness, brain and mind.
She loves to design things with all facet.Submitted by MaryC on January 16, 2020
British National Corpus
Spoken Corpus Frequency
Rank popularity for the word 'Design' in Spoken Corpus Frequency: #803
Written Corpus Frequency
Rank popularity for the word 'Design' in Written Corpus Frequency: #1857
Rank popularity for the word 'Design' in Nouns Frequency: #275
Rank popularity for the word 'Design' in Verbs Frequency: #192
The numerical value of Design in Chaldean Numerology is: 3
The numerical value of Design in Pythagorean Numerology is: 4
Our appointment of a new head of the R&D center is intended to position R&D at the center of all product development, and make it responsible for the design and performance of each and every vehicle.
'Star Wars' means very different things to different people, for a certain generation, it is the original (episodes) 4, 5, and 6, and nothing else is 'Star Wars.' Others prefer the prequels or animated series. As a reminder, the design team displayed pictures of fans ranging from a Disney fan with no knowledge of.
1. We are in the womb of materialism, in a cocoon of illusions of fear, where slaves are born. 2. Deja vu karmic, infantile nostalgia New neurons of thinking are formed in the anatomy of philosophy, evolutionary maturation is formed. In the bathysphere, the bottomless depth of philosophy is cognized with the unknown flora and fauna of evolutionary thinking. More and more often, one can feel the deja vu karmic, infantile nostalgia of romance keeps us in the karmic merry-go-rounds and the swing of childish stubbornness and cheerful fear. Where love finds eternity in the nostalgia of romance, a sense of the pricelessness of the moments. We remain in the past during life and after life. where we feel déjà vu as we are ghosts. Consciousness matures with each new life, and subconsciousness is a piggy bank of nostalgia. Reincarnation and the wheel of samsara is the kindergarten of infantilism and childhood fears. This is a time loop of a philosophical lesson in life. Incubator and cocoon of growing up. Amnesia lowers everything into oblivion, and life turns into nothingness, and only intuition is the navigator of genius and maturity in eternity. Life is not enough to understand its laws of variability, there are only theories. Only the evolution of fear and selfishness is possible. Science and culture are useless without knowledge of the future. 3. The game leads to the logical end of the cycle. From one playful, infantile mindset of manipulation of populism to another. All modes change as the design and graphics of the game reality change. 4. We are limited by the illusion of materialism in the small screen of marketing It's amazing how we are constrained by the illusion of materialism in the small screen of marketing. Nature seems to be endless as the earth is round. With its abundance and originality in colors. There, in natural landscapes, freedom of thought and the flight of poetry like birds in the sky. Computers suck life out of us as well as materialism. In nature, we feel the infinity of life, in the harmonious cycles of rebirth. The world is so gigantic and the screen is so small. Nature as the best decor for life. Sweet dream of life in nature. Life seems full, and the soul is full of happiness and romance. No urban autism. 5. Poetic beauty of a Kazakh woman You are my hot attraction, I do not control myself at all. I want to cling to you with my love like a leech. From your appearance, the impotent will get up, anyone will feel like a romantic. You are the eternal inspiration of romance. This is how your image sounds poetic in the bright colors of epic prose. You are the hard drug with the most powerful addiction. You are not enough all the time. Without you, everything is meaningless and insignificant. All grammy songs are about you. All that has to do with you are Oscar-worthy romantic films. The hot heat of love, the burn of passion from your body. Tongue and lips are drawn to you. Your image has powerfully merged in consciousness and subconsciousness. Powerful mental addiction. It's useless to give up on you. You are like an orgasm of poetry. You are like an endless love journey. Oh my God, my mind says, you are like an obscene delight. You are the medicine for my mind. 6. Hope is like leaves on trees. 7. Hints of awareness Polemics and discussion like wushu kong fu and contactless combat, subtly and refined, hints of awareness sound, the wisdom of redirected aggression sounds like a discussion of aikido. Battles for the heart. Consciousness, thinking as the direction of consciousness of the philosophy of life energy qi and prana of thinking. Where traditional folk music is the rhythms of the cyclical nature of life as the cyclical nature. Philosophy of life, its wealth and abundance. Meditative romance of being and the philosophy of life, its subtle vibrations of insight sound like a whisper of eternity. 8. We are a broken nature, we are cut off from the laws of nature from the romantic philosophy of being, but we preserve the pragmatism of the Stone Age. This is what connects us to the natural world. Instincts are our cradle of nature. On a cognitive level, thought development is how human evolution develops. 9. We're in the ghost matrix We are in a ghostly matrix, we are in the past and this is our eternity. In the time loop of karmic nostalgia, reincarnation and the wheel of samsara, where the philosophical romance of awareness of the soul and heart is intensified. We do not understand that we have been dead for a long time. 10. Poetry is an eloquent painting of emotions, a prosaic sense of reality. 11. The stages of life as the cycles of the moon, the regularity of the influence of the biology of the body, and only selfishness, money and character take away from the natural norm of the processes of life. 12. A person as a traveler in the world of nature of people, the subconscious as a vacuum cleaner accumulates and projects everything that is in this world, a person is like a turtle who moves on himself everything that humanity has created in his mind, like a heavy load, a person from this is still moving on on all fours like a turtle, thinking has become a whole industry of thought production. Where ideas are not a medicine, but only a commodity in the marketing of vanity and selfishness. Author: Musin Almat Zhumabekovich
Perhaps they will display a design model of a HGV, or launch a KN-23 on top of a bigger missile and have it do some maneuvering at reentry while claiming to have launched a HGV, this way, they can save their limited resources, and play the same game they had over the past years.
I always am overwhelmed with God's design so that was my first thought, so amazing to be there and see that.
Popularity rank by frequency of use
Translations for Design
From our Multilingual Translation Dictionary
- تخطيط, تصميم, التصميمArabic
- дизайн, шарка, конструкция, намерение, проектирам, десен, план, композиция, замислямBulgarian
- dissenyar, dissenyCatalan, Valencian
- návrh, designCzech
- Design, Entwurf, designen, Muster, Absicht, entwerfen, PlanGerman
- σχεδιάζω, σχέδιοGreek
- intención, diseño, diseñar, modeloSpanish
- طراحی, دیزاینPersian
- malli, design, muotoilu, juoni, muotoilla, suunnitelma, suunnitella, kuvio, sommittelu, kuosiFinnish
- plan, modèle, dessein, intention, conception, designFrench
- rùnScottish Gaelic
- tervez, tervezésHungarian
- hönnun, hannaIcelandic
- design, disegno, progettareItalian
- デザイン, 意図, 設計, 模様Japanese
- 디자인, 設計, 설계Korean
- disinn, iddisinnjaMaltese
- dessin, vormgeving, ontwerpDutch
- naʼashchʼąąʼNavajo, Navaho
- wzornictwo, plan, zamiar, wzór, motyw, krój, dizajn, kompozycja, projekt, zamysł, projektować, designPolish
- intenção, desenho, projetar, projeto, design, desenharPortuguese
- конструкция, замысел, дизайн, композиция, умысел, узор, план, образец, внешний вид, модель, намерение, экстерьер, проектRussian
- mustra, узорак, дизајн, нацрт, мустра, план, nakana, dizajn, plan, интенција, накана, intencija, uzorak, nacrtSerbo-Croatian
- design, utforma, designaSwedish
- kompozisyon, tasarım, niyet, tasarlamak, dizayn, desen, bileşimTurkish
- thiết kếVietnamese
Get even more translations for Design »
Find a translation for the Design definition in other languages:
Select another language:
- - Select -
- 简体中文 (Chinese - Simplified)
- 繁體中文 (Chinese - Traditional)
- Español (Spanish)
- Esperanto (Esperanto)
- 日本語 (Japanese)
- Português (Portuguese)
- Deutsch (German)
- العربية (Arabic)
- Français (French)
- Русский (Russian)
- ಕನ್ನಡ (Kannada)
- 한국어 (Korean)
- עברית (Hebrew)
- Gaeilge (Irish)
- Українська (Ukrainian)
- اردو (Urdu)
- Magyar (Hungarian)
- मानक हिन्दी (Hindi)
- Indonesia (Indonesian)
- Italiano (Italian)
- தமிழ் (Tamil)
- Türkçe (Turkish)
- తెలుగు (Telugu)
- ภาษาไทย (Thai)
- Tiếng Việt (Vietnamese)
- Čeština (Czech)
- Polski (Polish)
- Bahasa Indonesia (Indonesian)
- Românește (Romanian)
- Nederlands (Dutch)
- Ελληνικά (Greek)
- Latinum (Latin)
- Svenska (Swedish)
- Dansk (Danish)
- Suomi (Finnish)
- فارسی (Persian)
- ייִדיש (Yiddish)
- հայերեն (Armenian)
- Norsk (Norwegian)
- English (English)