a member of the communist party
a socialist who advocates communism
relating to or marked by communism
"Communist Party"; "communist governments"; "communistic propaganda"
An advocate of a society based on the common ownership of property.
A revolutionary or subversive radical.
Of, relating to, supporting, or advocating communism.
A member of a (nominally) Communist party.
A person who believes the philosophy of Communism.
relating to a (nominally) Communist party.
an advocate for the theory or practice of communism
Etymology: [F. communiste.]
a supporter of the commune of Paris
Etymology: [F. communiste.]
British National Corpus
Spoken Corpus Frequency
Rank popularity for the word 'Communist' in Spoken Corpus Frequency: #2509
Written Corpus Frequency
Rank popularity for the word 'Communist' in Written Corpus Frequency: #2681
Rank popularity for the word 'Communist' in Nouns Frequency: #2544
Rank popularity for the word 'Communist' in Adjectives Frequency: #323
The numerical value of Communist in Chaldean Numerology is: 1
The numerical value of Communist in Pythagorean Numerology is: 1
Examples of Communist in a Sentence
They exist in another ecosystem that's shaped and largely controlled by the Chinese Communist Party.
I hope that President Obama, if and when he has a conversation with the Cuban dictator during the Organization of American States summit, will take the opportunity to condemn this violence in the strongest possible terms and reaffirm that the United States should and must always stand on the side of human rights and democracy against Communist tyranny.
As long as they don't strive for independence of Hong Kong with a large number of people, and push mainlanders to revolt against the Chinese Communist Party, I believe the red line is still quite far away.
This is an extension of the Chinese Communist Party with a legal requirement to hand over information to the Chinese Communist Party, we'll evaluate what the United Kingdom did.
In this McCarthyist era, people got tarred and feathered for being members of the( Communist) party, does that necessarily make them spies ? the only place you can find( definitive) evidence for these people being spies is either they've admitted to it or in the Soviet archives.
Popularity rank by frequency of use
Translations for Communist
From our Multilingual Translation Dictionary
- شيوعية, شيوعيArabic
- комунист, комунистка, комунистически, комунистиBulgarian
- comunistaCatalan, Valencian
- komunistický, komunistaCzech
- Kommunist, kommunistisch, KommunistinGerman
- κομμουνίστρια, κομμουνιστής, κομμουνιστικόςGreek
- komunisma, komunistoEsperanto
- kommunisti, kommunistinenFinnish
- co-mhaoineach, comannachScottish Gaelic
- קוֹמוּנִיסְט, קומוניסטיתHebrew
- կոմունիստական, կոմունիստArmenian
- 共産主義者, [[共産主義者]]の, [[共産主義]]の, 共産党員Japanese
- კომუნისტური, კომუნისტიGeorgian
- kommunistiKalaallisut, Greenlandic
- 共產主義者, 공산주의자Korean
- communist, communiste, communistischDutch
- komunista, komunistka, komunistycznyPolish
- comunista, marxista, comuna, vermelhoPortuguese
- comunist, comunistăRomanian
- коммунистка, коммунистический, коммунистRussian
- kommunist, kommunistisk, kommunistisktSwedish
- cộng sảnVietnamese
- kobädiman, jikobädiman, kobädimik, hikobädimanVolapük
Get even more translations for Communist »
Find a translation for the Communist definition in other languages:
Select another language:
- - Select -
- 简体中文 (Chinese - Simplified)
- 繁體中文 (Chinese - Traditional)
- Español (Spanish)
- Esperanto (Esperanto)
- 日本語 (Japanese)
- Português (Portuguese)
- Deutsch (German)
- العربية (Arabic)
- Français (French)
- Русский (Russian)
- ಕನ್ನಡ (Kannada)
- 한국어 (Korean)
- עברית (Hebrew)
- Gaeilge (Irish)
- Українська (Ukrainian)
- اردو (Urdu)
- Magyar (Hungarian)
- मानक हिन्दी (Hindi)
- Indonesia (Indonesian)
- Italiano (Italian)
- தமிழ் (Tamil)
- Türkçe (Turkish)
- తెలుగు (Telugu)
- ภาษาไทย (Thai)
- Tiếng Việt (Vietnamese)
- Čeština (Czech)
- Polski (Polish)
- Bahasa Indonesia (Indonesian)
- Românește (Romanian)
- Nederlands (Dutch)
- Ελληνικά (Greek)
- Latinum (Latin)
- Svenska (Swedish)
- Dansk (Danish)
- Suomi (Finnish)
- فارسی (Persian)
- ייִדיש (Yiddish)
- հայերեն (Armenian)
- Norsk (Norwegian)
- English (English)