a member of the communist party
a socialist who advocates communism
relating to or marked by communism
"Communist Party"; "communist governments"; "communistic propaganda"
An advocate of a society based on the common ownership of property.
A revolutionary or subversive radical.
Of, relating to, supporting, or advocating communism.
A member of a (nominally) Communist party.
A person who believes the philosophy of Communism.
relating to a (nominally) Communist party.
an advocate for the theory or practice of communism
Etymology: [F. communiste.]
a supporter of the commune of Paris
Etymology: [F. communiste.]
British National Corpus
Spoken Corpus Frequency
Rank popularity for the word 'Communist' in Spoken Corpus Frequency: #2509
Written Corpus Frequency
Rank popularity for the word 'Communist' in Written Corpus Frequency: #2681
Rank popularity for the word 'Communist' in Nouns Frequency: #2544
Rank popularity for the word 'Communist' in Adjectives Frequency: #323
The numerical value of Communist in Chaldean Numerology is: 1
The numerical value of Communist in Pythagorean Numerology is: 1
The people voted for a change, not a failed communist model.
[Communist Goals for America:] - Eliminate prayer or any phase of religious expression in the schools on the ground that it violates the principle of “separation of church and state.” - Control schools. Use them as transmission belts for socialism and current Communist propaganda. - Soften curriculum. Get control of teachers’ associations. Put party line in textbooks. Control student newspapers. - Infiltrate churches and replace revealed religion with “social” religion (i.e. “social justice,” “liberation theology”). - Discredit the Bible and emphasize the need for intellectual maturity which does not need a “religious crutch.” - Discredit American culture. - Discredit the family as an institution. Encourage promiscuity and divorce. - Present homosexuality, degeneracy and promiscuity as “normal, natural, healthy.
In public, in Communist China we can't speak about our faith, only with friends and family can we say we are Christian African.
It is a war they will not win, the Chinese Communist Party must hear the cries of its own people for religious freedom and act to correct its wrongs.
We are seeing on the island of Cuba people fighting against a communist dictatorship, a free Cuba is a noble cause.
Popularity rank by frequency of use
Translations for Communist
From our Multilingual Translation Dictionary
- شيوعية, شيوعيArabic
- комунист, комунистка, комунистически, комунистиBulgarian
- comunistaCatalan, Valencian
- komunistický, komunistaCzech
- Kommunist, kommunistisch, KommunistinGerman
- κομμουνίστρια, κομμουνιστής, κομμουνιστικόςGreek
- komunisma, komunistoEsperanto
- kommunisti, kommunistinenFinnish
- co-mhaoineach, comannachScottish Gaelic
- קוֹמוּנִיסְט, קומוניסטיתHebrew
- կոմունիստական, կոմունիստArmenian
- 共産主義者, [[共産主義者]]の, [[共産主義]]の, 共産党員Japanese
- კომუნისტური, კომუნისტიGeorgian
- kommunistiKalaallisut, Greenlandic
- 共產主義者, 공산주의자Korean
- communist, communiste, communistischDutch
- komunista, komunistka, komunistycznyPolish
- comunista, marxista, comuna, vermelhoPortuguese
- comunist, comunistăRomanian
- коммунистка, коммунистический, коммунистRussian
- kommunist, kommunistisk, kommunistisktSwedish
- cộng sảnVietnamese
- kobädiman, jikobädiman, kobädimik, hikobädimanVolapük
Get even more translations for Communist »
Find a translation for the Communist definition in other languages:
Select another language:
- - Select -
- 简体中文 (Chinese - Simplified)
- 繁體中文 (Chinese - Traditional)
- Español (Spanish)
- Esperanto (Esperanto)
- 日本語 (Japanese)
- Português (Portuguese)
- Deutsch (German)
- العربية (Arabic)
- Français (French)
- Русский (Russian)
- ಕನ್ನಡ (Kannada)
- 한국어 (Korean)
- עברית (Hebrew)
- Gaeilge (Irish)
- Українська (Ukrainian)
- اردو (Urdu)
- Magyar (Hungarian)
- मानक हिन्दी (Hindi)
- Indonesia (Indonesian)
- Italiano (Italian)
- தமிழ் (Tamil)
- Türkçe (Turkish)
- తెలుగు (Telugu)
- ภาษาไทย (Thai)
- Tiếng Việt (Vietnamese)
- Čeština (Czech)
- Polski (Polish)
- Bahasa Indonesia (Indonesian)
- Românește (Romanian)
- Nederlands (Dutch)
- Ελληνικά (Greek)
- Latinum (Latin)
- Svenska (Swedish)
- Dansk (Danish)
- Suomi (Finnish)
- فارسی (Persian)
- ייִדיש (Yiddish)
- հայերեն (Armenian)
- Norsk (Norwegian)
- English (English)