a member of the communist party
a socialist who advocates communism
relating to or marked by communism
"Communist Party"; "communist governments"; "communistic propaganda"
An advocate of a society based on the common ownership of property.
A revolutionary or subversive radical.
Of, relating to, supporting, or advocating communism.
A member of a (nominally) Communist party.
A person who believes the philosophy of Communism.
relating to a (nominally) Communist party.
an advocate for the theory or practice of communism
a supporter of the commune of Paris
Etymology: [F. communiste.]
British National Corpus
Spoken Corpus Frequency
Rank popularity for the word 'Communist' in Spoken Corpus Frequency: #2509
Written Corpus Frequency
Rank popularity for the word 'Communist' in Written Corpus Frequency: #2681
Rank popularity for the word 'Communist' in Nouns Frequency: #2544
Rank popularity for the word 'Communist' in Adjectives Frequency: #323
The numerical value of Communist in Chaldean Numerology is: 1
The numerical value of Communist in Pythagorean Numerology is: 1
In communist society, where nobody has one exclusive sphere of activity but each can become accomplished in any branch he wishes, society regulates the general production and thus makes it possible for me to do one thing today and another tomorrow, to hunt in the morning, fish in the afternoon, rear cattle in the evening, criticize after dinner, just as I have a mind, without ever becoming hunter, fisherman, shepherd or critic.
Also troubling has been the eagerness of the American news media to carry water for the Chinese Communist government and attempt to silence accurate descriptions of the origin of the crisis.
Our job is to determine our own interests and own position, I am convinced that putting the question of whose side we should take is a Communist kind of question. The question we should pose is what the Hungarian interest is and not whose side we should take.
Publicly, it's dangerous to be a Christian in Communist China right now.
The GOP senator needs to own up to, because sooner or later, we need somebody in the United States Senate that will stand up to Communist China.
Popularity rank by frequency of use
Translations for Communist
From our Multilingual Translation Dictionary
- شيوعي, شيوعيةArabic
- комунист, комунисти, комунистически, комунисткаBulgarian
- comunistaCatalan, Valencian
- komunistický, komunistaCzech
- Kommunist, Kommunistin, kommunistischGerman
- κομμουνιστής, κομμουνίστρια, κομμουνιστικόςGreek
- komunisma, komunistoEsperanto
- kommunistinen, kommunistiFinnish
- co-mhaoineach, comannachScottish Gaelic
- קוֹמוּנִיסְט, קומוניסטיתHebrew
- կոմունիստ, կոմունիստականArmenian
- 共産党員, [[共産主義]]の, 共産主義者, [[共産主義者]]のJapanese
- კომუნისტური, კომუნისტიGeorgian
- kommunistiKalaallisut, Greenlandic
- 共產主義者, 공산주의자Korean
- communist, communistisch, communisteDutch
- komunistyczny, komunista, komunistkaPolish
- comunista, marxista, comuna, vermelhoPortuguese
- comunistă, comunistRomanian
- коммунист, коммунистка, коммунистическийRussian
- kommunistiskt, kommunistisk, kommunistSwedish
- cộng sảnVietnamese
- kobädiman, hikobädiman, kobädimik, jikobädimanVolapük
Get even more translations for Communist »
Find a translation for the Communist definition in other languages:
Select another language:
- - Select -
- 简体中文 (Chinese - Simplified)
- 繁體中文 (Chinese - Traditional)
- Español (Spanish)
- Esperanto (Esperanto)
- 日本語 (Japanese)
- Português (Portuguese)
- Deutsch (German)
- العربية (Arabic)
- Français (French)
- Русский (Russian)
- ಕನ್ನಡ (Kannada)
- 한국어 (Korean)
- עברית (Hebrew)
- Gaeilge (Irish)
- Українська (Ukrainian)
- اردو (Urdu)
- Magyar (Hungarian)
- मानक हिन्दी (Hindi)
- Indonesia (Indonesian)
- Italiano (Italian)
- தமிழ் (Tamil)
- Türkçe (Turkish)
- తెలుగు (Telugu)
- ภาษาไทย (Thai)
- Tiếng Việt (Vietnamese)
- Čeština (Czech)
- Polski (Polish)
- Bahasa Indonesia (Indonesian)
- Românește (Romanian)
- Nederlands (Dutch)
- Ελληνικά (Greek)
- Latinum (Latin)
- Svenska (Swedish)
- Dansk (Danish)
- Suomi (Finnish)
- فارسی (Persian)
- ייִדיש (Yiddish)
- հայերեն (Armenian)
- Norsk (Norwegian)
- English (English)