Definitions for Appreciate
Here are all the possible meanings and translations of the word Appreciate.
recognize with gratitude; be grateful for
appreciate, take accountverb
be fully aware of; realize fully
"Do you appreciate the full meaning of this letter?"
prize, value, treasure, appreciateverb
"I prize these old photographs"
appreciate, apprize, apprise, revalueverb
gain in value
"The yen appreciated again!"
appreciate, apprize, appriseverb
increase the value of
"The Germans want to appreciate the Deutsche Mark"
to be grateful or thankful for.
I appreciate your efforts
to view as valuable.
You must learn to appreciate time
to be fully conscious of; be aware of; detect.
To test the power of bees to appreciate color.
to increase in value.
The value of his portfolio appreciated by 80% over eight years.
Etymology: Originated 1645–55 from appreciatus, from appretiatus, from ap- (form of ad-) + pretium (English precious) + -ate.
to set a price or value on; to estimate justly; to value
to raise the value of; to increase the market price of; -- opposed to depreciate
to be sensible of; to distinguish
to rise in value. [See note under Rise, v. i.]
Chambers 20th Century Dictionary
ap-prē′shi-āt, v.t. to estimate justly, to be fully sensible of all the good qualities in the thing judged: to estimate highly: to raise in value, to advance the quotation or price of, as opposed to depreciate.—v.i. to rise in value.—adj. Apprē′ciable.—adv. Apprē′ciably.—n. Appreciā′tion, the act of setting a value on, also specially of a work of literature or art: just—and also favourable—estimation: rise in exchangeable value: increase in value.—adjs. Apprē′ciative, Apprē′ciatory, implying appreciation.—n. Appreciā′tor, one who appreciates, or estimates justly. [L. appretiātus, pa.p. of appretiāre—ad, to, and pretium, price.]
To feel and see the value.
They do appreciate family time, it is so important to them both.Submitted by MaryC on January 19, 2020
British National Corpus
Spoken Corpus Frequency
Rank popularity for the word 'Appreciate' in Spoken Corpus Frequency: #3874
Written Corpus Frequency
Rank popularity for the word 'Appreciate' in Written Corpus Frequency: #2126
Rank popularity for the word 'Appreciate' in Verbs Frequency: #437
The numerical value of Appreciate in Chaldean Numerology is: 2
The numerical value of Appreciate in Pythagorean Numerology is: 4
Encryption is a security tool we rely on everyday to stop criminals from draining our bank accounts, to shield our cars and airplanes from being taken over by malicious hacks, we deeply appreciate law enforcement's and the national security community's work to protect us, but weakening encryption or creating backdoors to encrypted devices and data for use by the good guys would actually create vulnerabilities to be exploited by the bad guys.
If you don't put them in chronological order, there remains a mystery about them, you don't have to know me to appreciate the pictures.
It's not a very good screening tool, i appreciate that she was having it, but it's more a tool that's used once someone has ovarian cancer and they're getting treatment. Then it can be used to follow the progress of the treatment.
I will announce when I will want to stop, when I finished, everybody stood up. I say, I don't know if it's respect, I love, I appreciate this situation. But I think that everybody thought this because Roland Garros announced it. It was not the last one for me.
Investors see these items as cool, but also really great opportunities to increase your investment because over time, chances are they will appreciate in value.
Popularity rank by frequency of use
Translations for Appreciate
From our Multilingual Translation Dictionary
- يُقَدِّر قيمَة, نقدرArabic
- оценявам, благодарен съм, усещам, разбирам, различавам, отчитам, ценя високоBulgarian
- uvědomovat si, cenit, stoupnout v ceně, oceňovat, být vděčný, vážit siCzech
- forstå, sætte pris på, stige i værdi, værdsætteDanish
- verstehen, dankbar sein für, im Wert steigen, zu schätzen wissenGerman
- εκτιμώ, ανατιμώμαι, αντιλαμβάνομαιGreek
- agradecer, hacerse cargo de, valorar, aumentar su valor, comprenderSpanish
- mõistma, tunnustama, hinnas tõusma, hindamaEstonian
- قدر دانستنPersian
- kallistua, erottaa, nousta arvossa, havaita, arvostaa, ymmärtää, antaa arvoaFinnish
- prendre de la valeur, reconnaissantFrench
- הוקיר, העריךHebrew
- felmegy az ára, méltányol, értékel, tudatában vanHungarian
- naik harga, memahami, menyadari, berterima kasih, menghargaiIndonesian
- capire, valorizzarsi, rendersi conto, apprezzareItalian
- 鑑賞, 感謝, 値上がり, 理解Japanese
- 이해하다, 감사하다, 진가를Korean
- įvertinti, suprasti, vertinti, įgyti didesnę vertę, pabrangtiLithuanian
- saprast, vērtēt, augstu vērtētLatvian
- japprezzah, japprezzaha, apprezza, qagħad attent minnMaltese
- beseffen, in waarde stijgen, waarderenDutch
- forstå, sette pris på, stige i verdi, verdsetteNorwegian
- doceniać, drożeć, zdawać sobie sprawę z, rozumiećPolish
- valorizar, dar valor, compreenderPortuguese
- recunoscător, își da seamaRomanian
- воспринимать, учитывать, дорожать, ощущать, понимать, улавливать, оценивать, быть признательным, ценить, быть благодарнымRussian
- byť si vedomý, získať na cene, oceniť, byť vďačný (za)Slovak
- zavedati se, biti hvaleženSlovene
- stiga, sätta värde på, förstå, vara medveten om, värdesätta, uppskattaSwedish
- anlamak, değerini bilmek, müteşekkir olmak, teşekkür borçlu olmak, değeri artmak, takdir etmekTurkish
- đánh giáVietnamese
Get even more translations for Appreciate »
Find a translation for the Appreciate definition in other languages:
Select another language:
- - Select -
- 简体中文 (Chinese - Simplified)
- 繁體中文 (Chinese - Traditional)
- Español (Spanish)
- Esperanto (Esperanto)
- 日本語 (Japanese)
- Português (Portuguese)
- Deutsch (German)
- العربية (Arabic)
- Français (French)
- Русский (Russian)
- ಕನ್ನಡ (Kannada)
- 한국어 (Korean)
- עברית (Hebrew)
- Gaeilge (Irish)
- Українська (Ukrainian)
- اردو (Urdu)
- Magyar (Hungarian)
- मानक हिन्दी (Hindi)
- Indonesia (Indonesian)
- Italiano (Italian)
- தமிழ் (Tamil)
- Türkçe (Turkish)
- తెలుగు (Telugu)
- ภาษาไทย (Thai)
- Tiếng Việt (Vietnamese)
- Čeština (Czech)
- Polski (Polish)
- Bahasa Indonesia (Indonesian)
- Românește (Romanian)
- Nederlands (Dutch)
- Ελληνικά (Greek)
- Latinum (Latin)
- Svenska (Swedish)
- Dansk (Danish)
- Suomi (Finnish)
- فارسی (Persian)
- ייִדיש (Yiddish)
- հայերեն (Armenian)
- Norsk (Norwegian)
- English (English)