Definitions for yieldyild
This page provides all possible meanings and translations of the word yield
production of a certain amount
return, issue, take, takings, proceeds, yield, payoff(noun)
the income or profit arising from such transactions as the sale of land or other property
"the average return was about 5%"
an amount of a product
output, yield, production(verb)
the quantity of something (as a commodity) that is created (usually within a given period of time)
"production was up in the second quarter"
yield, give, afford(verb)
be the cause or source of
"He gave me a lot of trouble"; "Our meeting afforded much interesting information"
give way, yield(verb)
end resistance, as under pressure or force
"The door yielded to repeated blows with a battering ram"
render, yield, return, give, generate(verb)
give or supply
"The cow brings in 5 liters of milk"; "This year's crop yielded 1,000 bushels of corn"; "The estate renders some revenue for the family"
concede, yield, cede, grant(verb)
give over; surrender or relinquish to the physical control of another
yield, relent, soften(verb)
give in, as to influence or pressure
move over, give way, give, ease up, yield(verb)
move in order to make room for someone for something
"The park gave way to a supermarket"; "`Move over,' he told the crowd"
cause to happen or be responsible for
"His two singles gave the team the victory"
concede, yield, grant(verb)
be willing to concede
"I grant you this much"
be fatally overwhelmed
yield, pay, bear(verb)
"interest-bearing accounts"; "How much does this savings certificate pay annually?"
be flexible under stress of physical force
"This material doesn't give"
cease opposition; stop fighting
yield, give in, succumb, knuckle under, buckle under(verb)
A product; the quantity of something produced
Zucchini plants always seem to produce a high yield of fruit.
To pay, give in payment; repay, recompense; reward; requite.
To give way; to allow another to pass first.
Yield the right of way to pedestrians.
To give as required; to surrender, relinquish or capitulate.
They refuse to yield to the enemy.
To give way; to succumb to a force.
To produce as return, as from an investment.
Historically, that security yields a high return.
The current return as a percentage of the price of a stock or bond.
To produce as a result.
Completing the mathematics correctly yields a result of five.
Origin: From yielden, yelden, from gieldan, from geldanan, from gheldh-. Cognate with gelden, gelten, jild.
to give in return for labor expended; to produce, as payment or interest on what is expended or invested; to pay; as, money at interest yields six or seven per cent
to furnish; to afford; to render; to give forth
to give up, as something that is claimed or demanded; to make over to one who has a claim or right; to resign; to surrender; to relinquish; as a city, an opinion, etc
to admit to be true; to concede; to allow
to permit; to grant; as, to yield passage
to give a reward to; to bless
to give up the contest; to submit; to surrender; to succumb
to comply with; to assent; as, I yielded to his request
to give way; to cease opposition; to be no longer a hindrance or an obstacle; as, men readily yield to the current of opinion, or to customs; the door yielded
to give place, as inferior in rank or excellence; as, they will yield to us in nothing
amount yielded; product; -- applied especially to products resulting from growth or cultivation
Origin: [OE. yelden, elden, ilden, AS. gieldan, gildan, to pay, give, restore, make an offering; akin to OFries. jelda, OS. geldan, D. gelden to cost, to be worth, G. gelten, OHG. geltan to pay, restore, make an offering, be worth, Icel. gjalda to pay, give up, Dan. gielde to be worth, Sw. glla to be worth, glda to pay, Goth. gildan in fragildan, usgildan. Cf. 1st Geld, Guild.]
Yield is the fifth studio album by the American alternative rock band Pearl Jam, released on February 3, 1998. Following a short promotional tour for its previous album, No Code, Pearl Jam recorded Yield throughout 1997 at Studio Litho and Studio X in Seattle, Washington. The album was proclaimed as a return to the band's early, straightforward rock sound, and marked a more collaborative effort from the band as opposed to relying heavily on frontman Eddie Vedder to compose the songs. The lyrics deal with contemplative themes, albeit seen in a more positive manner compared to the band's earlier work. Yield received positive reviews and debuted at number two on the Billboard 200, but while like No Code the album soon began dropping down the charts, Yield eventually outsold its predecessor. The band did more promotion for the album compared to No Code, including a return to full-scale touring and the release of a music video for the song "Do the Evolution". The record has been certified 2× platinum by the RIAA in the United States. The album is Pearl Jam's last release with drummer Jack Irons, who left the band during the album's promotional tour.
British National Corpus
Rank popularity for the word 'yield' in Nouns Frequency: #2145
Rank popularity for the word 'yield' in Verbs Frequency: #688
Translations for yield
From our Multilingual Translation Dictionary
- عادَ ( عليه ) بِـ, طائِل, رِبْح, عائِدَة, رَيْع, غَلَّة, إِفَادَة, مَدْخُول, إِنْتاج, مَصْلَحَة, مُتَحَصِّل, إِيراد, مُغَلّ, أَجْزَأَ, جَدْوَى, مَنْتُوج, جَنًى, مَنْفَعَة, أَغَلَّ, أَكْسَبَ, نِتَاج, دَرَّ, حَصِيدَة, خَرْج, صُلُوح, خَيْر, دَخْل, عائِد, صَلَاح, فائِدَة, إِفَادَةٌ مِنْ, مُسْتَغَلّ, كَسْب, مُحَصَّلَة, اِسْتِفَادَة, مُنْتَج, مَحْصُول, نَتِيجَة, جَدَاء, مُنْتَجات, أَجْزَى, نَفْع, أَدَرَّ, حاصِل, ناتِج, أَمَّنَ, حَقَّقَ, حَصَد, رَجَعَ بِـ, حَصِيلَة, حَمْل, سَحَبَ, يخArabic
- cedirCatalan, Valencian
- podřídit se, vynést, výnos, úroda, dát přednost, přinést výsledkyCzech
- Platz machen, aufgeben, (Ertrag) [[abwerfen]], Ertrag, Ausbeute, gewähren, Vorfahrt gewähren, vorbeilassen, ergebenGerman
- ceder el paso, ceder, rendimiento, arrojarSpanish
- väistää, myöntää, tuottaa, taipua, [[antaa]] [[tietä]], satoFinnish
- se rendre, céder, rapporter, retourner, laisser passer, capituler, rendementFrench
- géill slíIrish
- toradhScottish Gaelic
- cedere, dare la precedenza, arrendersi, arrendere, raccolto, produrre, restituire, produzioneItalian
- 収穫, 利益, 譲る, もたらすJapanese
- zwichten, voortbrengenDutch
- yte, multiplisere, svikte, gi etter, resultere iNorwegian
- plon, wydajność, produkcjaPolish
- rendimento, sucumbir, resultar, produção, safra, cederPortuguese
- выход, возвращать, отдавать, [[приводить]] [[к]], производить, результироваться, выработка, урожай, продукция, уступать, сдаваться, даватьRussian
- utbyte, ge vika, geSwedish
- దిగుబడి, రాబడిTelugu
- rekolte, kâr, sağlamak, hâsılât, kazanç, ürün, yol vermek, ürün vermekTurkish
Get even more translations for yield »
Find a translation for the yield definition in other languages:
Select another language: