Definitions for workaholicˌwɜrk əˈhɔ lɪk, -ˈhɒl ɪk
This page provides all possible meanings and translations of the word workaholic
person with a compulsive need to work
A person who feels compelled to work excessively.
In the nature or manner of a workaholic.
A workaholic is a person who is addicted to work. The term generally implies that the person enjoys their work; it can also imply that they simply feel compelled to do it. There is no generally accepted medical definition of such a condition, although some forms of stress, obsessive-compulsive personality disorder and obsessive-compulsive disorder can be work-related. Workaholism is not the same as working hard.
Translations for workaholic
From our Multilingual Translation Dictionary
- Arbeitssüchtiger, Arbeitstier, ArbeitssüchtigeGerman
- työnarkomaani, työnarkomaaninenFinnish
- workaholique, stakhanovisteFrench
- 仕事の虫, 働き中毒, 仕事中毒Japanese
- работозависник, работозависноMacedonian
- трудяга, работяга, стахановка, труженица, трудоголик, стахановец, труженикRussian
Get even more translations for workaholic »
Find a translation for the workaholic definition in other languages:
Select another language: