Definitions for washing machine
This page provides all possible meanings and translations of the word washing machine
washer, automatic washer, washing machine(noun)
a home appliance for washing clothes and linens automatically
A machine, usually automatic, which washes clothes etc.
A washing machine is a machine to wash laundry, such as clothing and sheets. The term is mostly applied only to machines that use water as opposed to dry cleaning or ultrasonic cleaners. Washing entails immersing, dipping, rubbing, or scrubbing in water usually accompanied by detergent, or bleach. The simplest machines may simply agitate clothes in water while switched on; automatic machines may fill, empty, wash, spin, and heat in a cycle. Most washing machines remove substantial amounts of water from the laundry at the end of a wash cycle, but do not completely dry it.
The New Hacker's Dictionary
1. Old-style 14-inch hard disks in floor-standing cabinets. So called because of the size of the cabinet and the ‘top-loading’ access to the media packs — and, of course, they were always set on ‘spin cycle’. The washing-machine idiom transcends language barriers; it is even used in Russian hacker jargon. See also walking drives. The thick channel cables connecting these were called bit hoses (see hose, sense 3). (The next cartoon in the Crunchly saga is 76-02-20:2. The previous cartoon was 75-10-04.) 2. [CMU] A machine used exclusively for washing software. CMU has clusters of these.
The numerical value of washing machine in Chaldean Numerology is: 3
The numerical value of washing machine in Pythagorean Numerology is: 8
Sample Sentences & Example Usage
It turned the living room into a gigantic washing machine.
We still have a way to go before the Bionic Bra can be taken from the bench top to the washing machine, however, when finished, the Bionic Bra will transform bra design.
There were many people around besides those I was on this business trip with, and Samsung workers were looking on right next to us, they would not have stood by had I deliberately damaged a washing machine.
Images & Illustrations of washing machine
Translations for washing machine
From our Multilingual Translation Dictionary
- аӡәӡәага машьынаAbkhaz
- paltaryuyan maşınAzerbaijani
- пра́льная машы́наBelarusian
- пера́лня, пера́лна маши́наBulgarian
- ওয়াশিং মেশিনBengali
- хӏуманаш юьтту машенChechen
- πλυντήριο ρούχων, πλυντήριοGreek
- lavarropas, lavadoraSpanish
- ikuzgailu, garbigailuBasque
- ماشین لباسشوییPersian
- pesukone, pyykkikoneFinnish
- machine à laverFrench
- meaisín níocháinIrish
- מְכוֹנַת כְּבִיסָהHebrew
- कपड़ा धोने की मशीनHindi
- լվացքի մեքենաArmenian
- mesin cuciIndonesian
- სარეცხი მანქანაGeorgian
- кір жуатын машина, кір жуғыш машинаKazakh
- кир жуугуч машинеKyrgyz
- WäschmaschinnLuxembourgish, Letzeburgesch
- skalbyklė, skalbimo mašinaLithuanian
- veļas mašīnaLatvian
- машин угаалгаMongolian
- वॉशिंग मशीनMarathi
- mesin basuhMalay
- magni tal-ħasilMaltese
- vaskemaskinNorwegian Nynorsk
- máquina de lavar, máquina de lavar roupaPortuguese
- mașină de spălatRomanian
- стира́льная маши́на, стира́лкаRussian
- перилица, vešmašina, perilica, вешмашинаSerbo-Croatian
- pralni strojSlovene
- lavatriçe, makinë larëseAlbanian
- мошинаи либосшӯӣ, мошинаи ҷомашӯӣTajik
- ýuwýan maşynTurkmen
- çamaşır makinasıTurkish
- пра́льна маши́наUkrainian
- kiyimlarni yuvishUzbek
- máy giặtVietnamese
Get even more translations for washing machine »
Find a translation for the washing machine definition in other languages:
Select another language:
Discuss these washing machine definitions with the community:
Word of the Day
Would you like us to send you a FREE new word definition delivered to your inbox daily?
Use the citation below to add this definition to your bibliography:
"washing machine." Definitions.net. STANDS4 LLC, 2016. Web. 24 Jun 2016. <http://www.definitions.net/definition/washing machine>.