Definitions for verilyˈvɛr ə li
This page provides all possible meanings and translations of the word verily
in truth; certainly
"I verily think so"; "trust in the Lord...and verily thou shalt be fed"- Ps 37:3
truly, doubtlessly, in truth
Origin: From verraily, from verray + -ly. More at very, -ly.
in very truth; beyond doubt or question; in fact; certainly
Origin: [From Very.]
Chambers 20th Century Dictionary
ver′i-li, adv. truly: certainly: really.
The numerical value of verily in Chaldean Numerology is: 9
The numerical value of verily in Pythagorean Numerology is: 1
Sample Sentences & Example Usage
Verily, a man teaching his child manners is better than giving one bushel of grain in alms.
And walk not proudly on the earth verily thou shalt never cleave the earth, nor reach to the mountains in height
In all life one should comfort the afflicted, but verily, also, one should afflict the comfortable, and especially when they are comfortably, contentedly, even happily wrong.
For what is evil but good tortured by its own hunger and thirst?
Verily, when good is hungry is seeks food even in dark caves, and when it thirsts it drinks even of dead waters.
Music, verily, is the mediator between intellectual and sensuous life... the one incorporeal entrance into the higher world of knowledge which comprehends mankind but which mankind cannot comprehend.
Images & Illustrations of verily
Translations for verily
From our Multilingual Translation Dictionary
- gewiss, wahrlich, sicher, natürlichGerman
- certe, vereEsperanto
- por supuesto, de verdad, ciertamente, verdaderamente, realmente, de veras, sin duda alguna, de ciertoSpanish
- حقیقتاً, همانا, بهراستی, هراینهPersian
- absolument, indubitablement, véritablement, sans le moindre doute, assurément, vraiment, sans aucun doute, certainementFrench
- veramente, certamente, davveroItalian
- sannelig, visselig, sikkertNorwegian
- zaprawdę, zaiste, doprawdyPolish
- уверенно, истинноRussian
Get even more translations for verily »
Find a translation for the verily definition in other languages:
Select another language: