Definitions for variableˈvɛər i ə bəl
This page provides all possible meanings and translations of the word variable
something that is likely to vary; something that is subject to variation
"the weather is one variable to be considered"
variable, variable quantity(noun)
a quantity that can assume any of a set of values
variable star, variable(noun)
a star that varies noticeably in brightness
a symbol (like x or y) that is used in mathematical or logical expressions to represent a variable quantity
liable to or capable of change
"rainfall in the tropics is notoriously variable"; "variable winds"; "variable expenses"
marked by diversity or difference
"the varying angles of roof slope"; "nature is infinitely variable"
(used of a device) designed so that a property (as e.g. light) can be varied
"a variable capacitor"; "variable filters in front of the mercury xenon lights"
something that is variable
something whose value may be dictated or discovered
There are several variables to consider here.
a quantity that may assume any one of a set of values
a symbol representing a variable
a named memory location in which a program can store intermediate results and from which it can read them
a variable star
able to vary
likely to vary
marked by diversity or difference
having no fixed quantitative value
tending to deviate from a normal or recognized type
having the capacity of varying or changing; capable of alternation in any manner; changeable; as, variable winds or seasons; a variable quantity
liable to vary; too susceptible of change; mutable; fickle; unsteady; inconstant; as, the affections of men are variable; passions are variable
that which is variable; that which varies, or is subject to change
a quantity which may increase or decrease; a quantity which admits of an infinite number of values in the same expression; a variable quantity; as, in the equation x2 - y2 = R2, x and y are variables
a shifting wind, or one that varies in force
those parts of the sea where a steady wind is not expected, especially the parts between the trade-wind belts
The NODE wireless sensor platform for smart devices made its debut on kickstarter.com on March 23, 2012 when it raised $76,340 ($26,340 over it's initial goal of $50,000) from over 373 backers.Since then, the team at Variable, Inc. has been hard at work listening to its customers, researching new market opportunities, improving the quality and competitiveness of its sensor modules in development and identifying strategic partnerships that can help them make NODE wireless sensors a leader for both personal and professional use in the global marketplace.
British National Corpus
Rank popularity for the word 'variable' in Nouns Frequency: #1192
Rank popularity for the word 'variable' in Adjectives Frequency: #855
Sample Sentences & Example Usage
The Southern Ocean is much more variable than we thought.
The single most determinant variable is going to be earnings at this point.
We take a long-term view of the dividend and target a sustainable payout level, i do not want a variable dividend.
It means you just have to throw more money at the thing to get it finished... The only variable you have is to spend more money.
The Fed has a credibility problem with the market and that will be a variable that will weigh on sentiment until it's reconciled.
Images & Illustrations of variable
Translations for variable
From our Multilingual Translation Dictionary
- variableCatalan, Valencian
- proměnný, variabilní, proměnná, proměnlivý, faktorCzech
- Variable, Parameter, variabel, Variablensymbol, Platzhalter, SymbolGerman
- μεταβλητή, άστατος, ευμετάβλητος, μεταβλητός, ευμετάβολοςGreek
- vaihteleva, muuttuja, muuttuvaFinnish
- paramètre, variableFrench
- variable, variábelGalician
- चर, परिवर्तनHindi
- modificabile, flessiblie, regolabile, variabile, parametroItalian
- 変数, 変わりやすい, 変わりうる, 可変, 変項Japanese
- 변수, 變數Korean
- taurangi, tāupeMāori
- променлива, променливMacedonian
- boleh ubahMalay
- veranderlijke, veranderlijk, variabel, onbestendig, variabele, wisselend, schommelend, regelbaar, variabele waardeDutch
- avvikende, variabel, varierendeNorwegian
- zmienny, zmiennaPolish
- variabil, variabilă, parametru, schimbabilRomanian
- переменный, непостоянный, изменчивый, переменная, неизвестное, неизвестнаяRussian
- variabel, reglerbar, parameter, föränderlig, avvikande, flexibel, ostadig, ombytlig, ställbar, rörlig, växlande, omväxlande, varierandeSwedish
- చర, చరరాశి, చరము, అస్థిర, మారే, మారగలTelugu
- biên sô, 變數Vietnamese
Get even more translations for variable »
Find a translation for the variable definition in other languages:
Select another language: