Definitions for urgeɜrdʒ
This page provides all possible meanings and translations of the word urge
an instinctive motive
"profound religious impulses"
a strong restless desire
"why this urge to travel?"
urge, urge on, press, exhort(verb)
force or impel in an indicated direction
"I urged him to finish his studies"
recommend, urge, advocate(verb)
push for something
"The travel agent recommended strongly that we not travel on Thanksgiving Day"
cheer, root on, inspire, urge, barrack, urge on, exhort, pep up(verb)
spur on or encourage especially by cheers and shouts
"The crowd cheered the demonstrating strikers"
A strong desire; an itch to do something.
To press; to push; to drive; to impel; to force onward.
To press the mind or will of; to ply with motives, arguments, persuasion, or importunity.
To provoke; to exasperate.
To present in an urgent manner; to insist upon.
: To treat with forcible means; to take severe or violent measures with; as, to urge an ore with intense heat.
To press onward or forward.
To be pressing in argument; to insist; to persist.
to press; to push; to drive; to impel; to force onward
to press the mind or will of; to ply with motives, arguments, persuasion, or importunity
to provoke; to exasperate
to press hard upon; to follow closely
to present in an urgent manner; to press upon attention; to insist upon; as, to urge an argument; to urge the necessity of a case
to treat with forcible means; to take severe or violent measures with; as, to urge an ore with intense heat
to press onward or forward
to be pressing in argument; to insist; to persist
The URGE digital music store was an online music distribution service run by MTV Networks. URGE was integrated into Windows Media Player 11. URGE was opened on May 17, 2006. Downloaded files come with restrictions on their use, enforced by Windows Media DRM, Microsoft's digital rights management. URGE features the music programming of MTV, CMT, and VH1 and provides editorial content for the online music service. URGE currently charges 99¢ a track, or $9.95/month for a subscription. An optional $14.95/month to-go subscription is available for those with PlaysForSure devices. As of May 2008, URGE is not compatible with Microsoft's Zune or Apple's iPod, although the first-generation Zune Marketplace was based on URGE, and had many similarities. In the spring of 2007, MTV Networks launched the digital audio radio service URGE Radio, available through cable operators. URGE Radio offered cable systems digital audio channels with continuous music commercial-free, 24 hours a day. Similar to Music Choice, song and artist info is displayed on screen. In August 2007, MTV Networks announced plans to end its partnership with Microsoft and close URGE, and join RealNetworks on its Rhapsody digital music store.
British National Corpus
Rank popularity for the word 'urge' in Verbs Frequency: #486
geru, grue, regu
Images & Illustrations of urge
Translations for urge
From our Multilingual Translation Dictionary
- drängen, provozieren, treiben, anspornen, mahnen, DrangGerman
- παρόρμηση, παροτρύνωGreek
- urgir, ansia, jalear, empujar, provocar, alentar, apresurar, impulso, ahincar, aguijar, presionar, espolear, aguijonear, impulsar, incitar, impelerSpanish
- raivostuttaa, ajaa, hinku, kehottaa, halu, vaatia, kiirehtiä, painostaa, viettiFinnish
- provoquer, inciter, pulsion, pousser, insisterFrench
- coitichScottish Gaelic
- szorgalmaz, ösztönöz, sürget, unszol, serkent, nógat, ösztökél, siettetHungarian
- 急き立てる, 衝動, 願望, 催促, せきたてるJapanese
- aandrang, aandrift, drang, aansporenDutch
- provocar, impelir, insistir, urgir, comichãoPortuguese
- толчок, советовать, подталкивать, побуждать, подгонять, подстрекать, подстёгивать, желание, побуждение, провоцировать, убеждатьRussian
- వత్తిడి, ముందుకు నెట్టు, కోపము తెచ్చు, త్వరపెట్టు, వాదించు, బలవంత పెట్టు, వత్తిడి తెచ్చుTelugu
Get even more translations for urge »
Find a translation for the urge definition in other languages:
Select another language: