Definitions for upside down
This page provides all possible meanings and translations of the word upside down
being in such a position that top and bottom are reversed
"a quotation mark is sometimes called an inverted comma"; "an upside-down cake"
in an inverted manner
"the box was lying on the floor upside down"
Inverted, so that the top is now at the bottom
In great disorder
Inverted; turned so that the top is at the bottom.
Owing more money for something than it is worth; having negative equity.
"Upside Down" is a hit song by Diana Ross released on the Motown label. It was the first single taken from her 1980 album diana and hit number one on the Billboard Hot 100 on September 6, 1980. It also hit number one on the Billboard Disco/Dance and R&B charts. The single was released a full 4 weeks after the album was released. In its third week on the Billboard Hot 100, it made a dramatic leap into the Top 10. It held down the #1 title for 4 weeks. The single was also a big hit internationally, topping the singles charts in Sweden, Italy, Norway and Switzerland, while reaching #5 in Canada. It also rose to #2 on the UK Singles Chart, marking the highest peak performance from Ross as a solo artist since "I'm Still Waiting" in 1971. The song listed at #62 on Billboard's "Greatest Songs of All Time".
The numerical value of upside down in Chaldean Numerology is: 4
The numerical value of upside down in Pythagorean Numerology is: 4
Sample Sentences & Example Usage
It's kind of just turned the neighborhood upside down.
The glass is always half full even when it's upside down.
'Bury me on my face,' said Diogenes and when he was asked why, he replied, 'Because in a little while everything will be turned upside down.'
We suddenly got hit by a rogue wave and then within a flash the boat was upside down, we were upside down for about a minute and a half before the keel turned it back up the right way.
To think about what these commuters went through when last night they got on the 5:45 train, probably talked to somebody at home, saying they're on their way and the world became upside down.
Images & Illustrations of upside down
Translations for upside down
From our Multilingual Translation Dictionary
- a l'inrevés, cap per avallCatalan, Valencian
- vzhůru nohamaCzech
- på hovedet, omvendtDanish
- verkehrt rum, verkehrt herum, auf dem KopfGerman
- άνω κάτωGreek
- de cabeza, al revésSpanish
- sotku, ylösalaisin, sekaisin, nurinperinFinnish
- sens dessus dessous, à l'enversFrench
- bun-os-cionnScottish Gaelic
- tèt anbaHaitian Creole
- fejjel lefeléHungarian
- շուռ տված, թարս, գլխիվայրArmenian
- sottosopra, a rovescio, a soqquadroItalian
- 引っくり返る, 上下逆Japanese
- serberjêr, sernişîv, nixûm, tarûmar, serûbinKurdish
- op z'n kop, ondersteboven, omgekeerdDutch
- do góry nogamiPolish
- de ponta-cabeça, de cabeça para baixoPortuguese
- cu fundul în susRomanian
- кувырко́м, кверх нога́ми, вверх нога́ми, вверх дно́мRussian
- naopak, hore nohami, dole hlavouSlovak
- lộn ngược, đổ lộnVietnamese
- cou å hôt, cou dzeu cou dzoWalloon
Get even more translations for upside down »
Find a translation for the upside down definition in other languages:
Select another language: