Definitions for uploadˈʌpˌloʊd
This page provides all possible meanings and translations of the word upload
transfer a file or program to a central computer from a smaller computer or a computer at a remote location
Such a file transfer.
to transfer data or files from a peripheral or subordinate system to a larger or more central one; especially from a personal computer to an Internet server.
You will have to convert your photograph to a jpg format if you wish to upload it.
To transfer a file or program to a central computer from a smaller computer or a computer at a remote location.
The New Hacker's Dictionary
1. [techspeak] To transfer programs or data over a digital communications link from a system near you (especially a smaller or peripheral client system) to one further away from you (especially a larger or central host system). A transfer in the other direction is, of course, called a download 2. [speculatively] To move the essential patterns and algorithms that make up one's mind from one's brain into a computer. Those who are convinced that such patterns and algorithms capture the complete essence of the self view this prospect with pleasant anticipation.
The numerical value of upload in Chaldean Numerology is: 2
The numerical value of upload in Pythagorean Numerology is: 6
Sample Sentences & Example Usage
There is always an upload for a download.
All the customer has to do is upload their design and specs and then press ‘Order,’.
I thought it would be great to promote the Greek heritage, so I decided to upload this stuff to YouTube.
It is an offence ... to upload any comment, request, suggestion or other communication which is obscene, indecent, false, menacing or offensive in character with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass another person.
It was felt that we could have this portal, where if a child goes missing, families can put the details and the picture onto Khoya Paya, then if you see the child anywhere, you can upload information and then the police see if they can correlate it.
Images & Illustrations of upload
Translations for upload
From our Multilingual Translation Dictionary
- رفع, تحميلArabic
- pujada, pujar, penjarCatalan, Valencian
- llwytho i fyny, llwytho lanWelsh
- laden, hochladenGerman
- αναφόρτωση, αναφορτώνωGreek
- alŝuto, alŝutiEsperanto
- subida, subirSpanish
- ladata, [[tiedoston]] [[lähetys]], uppaus, [[lähettää]] [[tiedosto]], [[siirtää]] [[palvelimelle]], upataFinnish
- envoi, téléverser, téléversement, téléchargerFrench
- uaslódáil, lódáil suasIrish
- luchdaich a-nìosScottish Gaelic
- subida, subirGalician
- feltölt, feltöltésHungarian
- aplod, unggahIndonesian
- upphala, upphal, hlaða uppIcelandic
- caricare, upload, caricamentoItalian
- アップロード, アップロードするJapanese
- ughkarg, ughkargaCornish
- подигање, подигаMacedonian
- upload, [[fazer]] ([[um]]) [[upload]], carregamento, carregar, EnvioPortuguese
- закачка, закачивание, закачивать, закачать, загруRussian
- uppladdning, ladda uppSwedish
- tải lênVietnamese
Get even more translations for upload »
Find a translation for the upload definition in other languages:
Select another language: