Definitions for upkeepˈʌpˌkip
Random House Webster's College Dictionary
the maintenance, repairs, etc., necessary for the proper functioning of a machine, building, household, etc.
the cost of this:
Upkeep is one quarter of our budget.
Origin of upkeep:
care, maintenance, upkeep(noun)
activity involved in maintaining something in good working order
"he wrote the manual on car care"
sustenance, sustentation, sustainment, maintenance, upkeep(noun)
the act of sustaining life by food or providing a means of subsistence
"they were in want of sustenance"; "fishing was their main sustainment"
maintenance; the act or effort of keeping something in good repair
I would enjoy having a swimming pool, but I don't want to deal with the upkeep.
to maintain (something) or keep it in good repair
Do you know how to upkeep a boat?
Origin: A compound word from up + keep
Translations for upkeep
Kernerman English Multilingual Dictionary
(the cost of) the process of keeping eg a house, car etc in a good condition
She can no longer afford the upkeep of this house.
- manutençãoPortuguese (BR)
- die Instandhaltung(-skosten, pl.)German
- συντήρηση, έξοδα συντήρησης (π.χ. για σπίτι)Greek
- ülalpidamine, korrashoidEstonian
- fenntartás(i költség)Hungarian
- biaya perawatanIndonesian
- mantenimento; manutenzioneItalian
- (가옥, 토지, 기계의) 유지, 보존Korean
- uzturēšana; apkopšana; apkopeLatvian
- koszty utrzymaniaPolish
- څارنه او ساتنه (حفظ او مراقبت): دڅارنې اوساتنې لګښتPashto
- întreţinere (a unei case, a unui local etc.)Romanian
- стоимость содержанияRussian
- udržiavanie, údržbaSlovak
- bakım; bakım masrafıTurkish
- 維修(費用)Chinese (Trad.)
- утримання; обслуговуванняUkrainian
- ديکھ بھالUrdu
- sự bảo dưỡngVietnamese
- 维修（費用）Chinese (Simp.)
Get even more translations for upkeep »