Definitions for upbeatˈʌpˌbit
This page provides all possible meanings and translations of the word upbeat
wellbeing, well-being, welfare, upbeat, eudaemonia, eudaimonia(noun)
a contented state of being happy and healthy and prosperous
"the town was finally on the upbeat after our recent troubles"
an unaccented beat (especially the last beat of a measure)
cheerful, pollyannaish, upbeat(adj)
pleasantly (even unrealistically) optimistic
An unaccented beat at the start of a musical phrase.
Having a fast pace, tempo, or beat.
The notes are easy, but it's an upbeat tune and should be played fairly quickly.
Having a positive, lively, or perky tone, attitude, etc.
Though he had bad news, he ended with an upbeat forecast for the future.
beat up, beat-up
Translations for upbeat
From our Multilingual Translation Dictionary
- heiter und zuversichtlich gestimmt, Auftakt, optimistisch, fröhlich, peppigGerman
- nopeatempoinen, optimistinen, myönteinen, nopeaFinnish
- бодрый, жизнерадостныйRussian
- upptempo, uppspelt, munter, uppåt, positiv, livad, pigg, upprymdSwedish
- vurgusuz tempolu, iyimser, vurgusuz tempo, neşeliTurkish
Get even more translations for upbeat »
Find a translation for the upbeat definition in other languages:
Select another language: