underwear, underclothes, underclothing(noun)
undergarment worn next to the skin and under the outer garments
Clothes worn next to the skin, underneath outer clothing.
Origin: From . Compare ondergoed, Unterwäsche, underkläder.
that which is worn under the outside clothing; underclothes
Chambers 20th Century Dictionary
un′dėr-wār, n. garments worn under others, underclothing.
The numerical value of underwear in Chaldean Numerology is: 9
The numerical value of underwear in Pythagorean Numerology is: 1
Sample Sentences & Example Usage
A lady is one who never shows her underwear unintentionally.
Men want the same thing from women and their underwear: support, comfort, and freedom.
She only had underwear on her, and I placed my sweater and jacket onto her and tried to resuscitate her.
Half the world does not know the joys of wearing cotton underwear. (promoting US exports, as quoted in Time)
Men want the same thing from women that they want from their underwear... a little support, comfort, and freedom.
Images & Illustrations of underwear
Translations for underwear
From our Multilingual Translation Dictionary
- الملابس الداخليةArabic
- ніжняя бялізнаBelarusian
- roba interiorCatalan, Valencian
- spodní prádloCzech
- ropa interiorSpanish
- fo-aodachScottish Gaelic
- fehérnemű, alsóneműHungarian
- intimo, mutande, biancheria intimaItalian
- საცვალი, ტრუსიკი, პერანგის ამხანაგიGeorgian
- ËnnerwäschLuxembourgish, Letzeburgesch
- долна облекаMacedonian
- ħwejjeġ ta' taħtMaltese
- underty, undertøyNorwegian Nynorsk
- roupa interior, roupa íntima, roupa de baixoPortuguese
- lenjerie de corp, chiloți, indispensabili, izmeneRomanian
- нижнее бельёRussian
- donje rublje, доње рубљеSerbo-Croatian
- spodná bielizeňSlovak
- iç çamaşırıTurkish
- нижня білизнаUkrainian
- quần áo lótVietnamese
- sleafablit, niblitVolapük
Get even more translations for underwear »
Find a translation for the underwear definition in other languages:
Select another language: