Definitions for ultimately
This page provides all possible meanings and translations of the word ultimately
ultimately, finally, in the end, at last, at long last(adverb)
as the end result of a succession or process
"ultimately he had to give in"; "at long last the winter was over"
Indicating the last item.
Firstly, ... Secondly, ... Ultimately, ...
Indicating the most important action.
Ultimately, he will have to make a decision before the end of the week.
Ultimately, I have been studying Greek at evening classes.
as a final consequence; at last; in the end; as, afflictions often tend to correct immoral habits, and ultimately prove blessings
British National Corpus
Spoken Corpus Frequency
Rank popularity for the word 'ultimately' in Spoken Corpus Frequency: #3407
Written Corpus Frequency
Rank popularity for the word 'ultimately' in Written Corpus Frequency: #3818
Rank popularity for the word 'ultimately' in Adverbs Frequency: #249
Images & Illustrations of ultimately
Translations for ultimately
From our Multilingual Translation Dictionary
- في النهايةArabic
- finalmentCatalan, Valencian
- kürzlich, letztendlich, schließlichGerman
- por último, finalmenteSpanish
- نهایتاً, درنهایتPersian
- viime aikoina, viimeiseksi, ennen kaikkea, lopuksiFinnish
- per ultimo, infine, per ultima cosa, alla fine, in fin dei contiItalian
- 最終的, 最近Japanese
- ultimamente, finalmentePortuguese
- recent, în definitiv, la urma urmei, nu de multRomanian
- в коне́чном счёте, после́днее, неда́вно, в коне́чном ито́ге, наконец, в конце́ концо́вRussian
Get even more translations for ultimately »
Find a translation for the ultimately definition in other languages:
Select another language: