Definitions for tweaktwik
This page provides all possible meanings and translations of the word tweak
a squeeze with the fingers
pinch or squeeze sharply
pluck, tweak, pull off, pick off(verb)
pull or pull out sharply
"pluck the flowers off the bush"
"fine-tune the engine"
A sharp pinch or jerk; a twist or twitch.
a tweak of the nose.
Trouble; distress; tweag.
A slight adjustment or modification.
He is running so many tweaks it is hard to remember how it looked originally.
To pinch and pull with a sudden jerk and twist; to twitch.
to tweak the nose.
To adjust slightly; to fine-tune.
If we tweak the colors towards blue, it will look more natural.
To twit or tease.
To abuse methamphetamines, especially crystal meth.
Origin: From twikken, from twiccian, cognate with twitch.
to pinch and pull with a sudden jerk and twist; to twitch; as, to tweak the nose
a sharp pinch or jerk; a twist or twitch; as, a tweak of the nose
trouble; distress; tweag
Tweak was an Alternative rock band from South Africa. Members of the band formed Crashcarburn after members parted ways in 2006 to pursue personal projects.
Chambers 20th Century Dictionary
twēk, v.t. to twitch, to pull: to pull with sudden jerks.—n. a sharp pinch or twitch: any perplexity. [A by-form of twitch.]
The New Hacker's Dictionary
1. To change slightly, usually in reference to a value. Also used synonymously with twiddle. If a program is almost correct, rather than figure out the precise problem you might just keep tweaking it until it works. See frobnicate and fudge factor; also see shotgun debugging. 2. To tune a program; preferred usage in the U.K.
The numerical value of tweak in Chaldean Numerology is: 9
The numerical value of tweak in Pythagorean Numerology is: 6
Sample Sentences & Example Usage
It's a fundamental change in the formulation of Humira, i wouldn't describe it as a tweak.
But if the U.S. is so concerned about it that the president is speaking up about this one particular issue, then they may reconsider, or they may tweak whatever that is.
It started with Botox and everything, of course, but now it’s just grown into this Photoshop phenomenon and I’ve seen these women in person, they are not like that, please know that. I’ve shot in barely anything with them and it’s just amazing what people do to tweak themselves.
Global demand continues to be weak and for a country like Singapore that is open, it shows very, very quickly and rapidly, they certainly have room to tweak the policy but the question is one of prudence - would they indeed be prudent to do so? After Brexit we think there is a small possibility.
North Korea is attempting to tweak or improve the efficiency of the existing socialist or state-dominated system, but it is not pursuing any fundamental reform, indeed, use of the word 'reform' is forbidden. The regime wants the country to be modern, wants it to be prosperous, but wants these things on its own terms.
Images & Illustrations of tweak
Translations for tweak
From our Multilingual Translation Dictionary
- retoque, prostitutaSpanish
- nipistää, virittääFinnish
- retouche, retoucher, ajuster, coup sec, ajustement, tordre, personnaliserFrench
- agitazione, ansietà, miglioria, modifica, pizzicotto, tirata di naso, ritocco, pizzicareItalian
- trekken, knijpen, bijstelling, draaienDutch
- ansiedade, retoque, prostitutaPortuguese
- отлаживать, отладить, ущипнуть, щипок, настройка, корректировка, поправка, настраивать, щипать, отладка, настроитьRussian
- justering, finjusteringSwedish
- cimdiklemek, makas alma, çimdik, kesme alma, fāhişeTurkish
Get even more translations for tweak »
Find a translation for the tweak definition in other languages:
Select another language: