Definitions for turn down
This page provides all possible meanings and translations of the word turn down
refuse, reject, pass up, turn down, decline(verb)
refuse to accept
"He refused my offer of hospitality"
reject, turn down, turn away, refuse(verb)
refuse entrance or membership
"They turned away hundreds of fans"; "Black people were often rejected by country clubs"
reject, spurn, freeze off, scorn, pooh-pooh, disdain, turn down(verb)
reject with contempt
"She spurned his advances"
take a downward direction
"The economy finally turned down after a long boom"
turn down, lower, lour(verb)
make lower or quieter
"turn down the volume of a radio"
To refuse, decline, or deny.
To reduce the amount of something by means of a control, such as the volume, heat, or light.
To reposition by turning, flipping, etc. in a downward direction.
Sample Sentences & Example Usage
Maybe it's possible to just turn down the heat.
This is not a fundraiser, i turn down a lot of money.
It's like a shiny red apple and that can be hard to turn down.
I would hope investors learn something from this. The onus is on us to turn down these floats.
If Wisconsin is truly open for business, you will vote with your constituents and turn down this bill.
Images & Illustrations of turn down
Translations for turn down
From our Multilingual Translation Dictionary
- отказвам, отхвърлям, намалявамBulgarian
- refusar, reduir, abaixar, disminuir, rebutjarCatalan, Valencian
- ablehnen, absagenGerman
- disminuir, rechazar, reducirSpanish
- himmentää, torjua, hiljentää, alentaa, vähentääFinnish
- décliner, baisser, refuserFrench
- diùltScottish Gaelic
- reduzir, rejeitar, recusar, diminuir, abaixarPortuguese
- убавля́ть, отверга́ть, отклони́ть, уме́ньшить, отве́ргнуть, уменьша́ть, отклоня́ть, отказа́ться, отка́зываться, уба́витьRussian
- dämpa, sänka, säga nej till, förkastaSwedish
- rastrinde, ravaler, baxhîWalloon
Get even more translations for turn down »
Find a translation for the turn down definition in other languages:
Select another language: