Definitions for traitorˈtreɪ tər
This page provides all possible meanings and translations of the word traitor
someone who betrays his country by committing treason
double-crosser, double-dealer, two-timer, betrayer, traitor(noun)
a person who says one thing and does another
One who violates his allegiance and betrays his/her country; one guilty of treason; one who, in breach of trust, delivers his country to an enemy, or yields up any fort or place intrusted to his defense, or surrenders an army or body of troops to the enemy, unless when vanquished; also, one who takes arms and levies war against his country; or one who aids an enemy in conquering his country.
Hence, one who betrays any confidence or trust; a betrayer.
To act the traitor toward; to betray; to deceive.
Origin: From traïtor (French: traître), from traditor.
one who violates his allegiance and betrays his country; one guilty of treason; one who, in breach of trust, delivers his country to an enemy, or yields up any fort or place intrusted to his defense, or surrenders an army or body of troops to the enemy, unless when vanquished; also, one who takes arms and levies war against his country; or one who aids an enemy in conquering his country. See Treason
hence, one who betrays any confidence or trust; a betrayer
to act the traitor toward; to betray; to deceive
Traitor is a 2002 novel by Matthew Stover in the New Jedi Order series, which is set in the Star Wars universe. It is the fourteenth installment of the series.
Chambers 20th Century Dictionary
trā′tur, n. one who, being trusted, betrays: one guilty of treason: a deceiver:—fem. Trait′ress.—n. Trait′orism.—adv. Trait′orly (Shak.).—adj. Trait′orous, like a traitor: perfidious: treasonable.—adv. Trait′orously.—n. Trait′orousness. [Fr. traître—L. traditor—tradĕre, to give up.]
The numerical value of traitor in Chaldean Numerology is: 3
The numerical value of traitor in Pythagorean Numerology is: 2
Sample Sentences & Example Usage
He's not a patriot; he's a traitor to our country.
The scab is a traitor to his God, his mother, and his class.
She betrayed me, betrayed her homeland. That's why she's a traitor.
Tis not seasonable to call a man traitor, that has an army at his heels.
No owl is afraid of the night, no snake of the swamp and no traitor of the treason!
Images & Illustrations of traitor
Translations for traitor
From our Multilingual Translation Dictionary
- здра́днік, здра́дніцаBelarusian
- изме́нник, преда́телBulgarian
- traïdor, trairCatalan, Valencian
- Verräter, VerräterinGerman
- προδοτικός, προδότης, προδίδω, δοσίλογοςGreek
- traidor, traidoraSpanish
- reetur, äraandjaEstonian
- خائن, خیانتکارPersian
- pettää, petturi, petollinen, maanpetturi, kavaltajaFinnish
- traître, traîtresse, trahirFrench
- trètHaitian Creole
- traditore, giravolta, banderuola, voltagabbanaItalian
- 国賊, 売国奴, 非国民, 反逆者, 裏切り者Japanese
- 매국노, 친일파Korean
- издава, издајник, преда́внички, предавник, предава, изда́јничкиMacedonian
- pembelot, penderhaka, pengkhianatMalay
- verraden, verraderlijk, verraadster, overloper, verrader, trouweloze, verraderlijkeDutch
- landssvikar, svikarNorwegian Nynorsk
- forræder, sviker, landsforræder, landssvikerNorwegian
- zdrajca, zdrajczyniPolish
- traidor, traidoraPortuguese
- изменник, предатель, изменница, предательницаRussian
- издајник, ìzdājnica, издајница, izdajica, ìzdājnīk, издајицаSerbo-Croatian
- izdajalec, izdajalkaSlovene
- landsförrädare, förrädare, quislingSwedish
- sadakâtsiz, hainTurkish
- зра́дниця, зра́дникUkrainian
- kẻ phản bộiVietnamese
Get even more translations for traitor »
Find a translation for the traitor definition in other languages:
Select another language: