the present time or age
"the world of today"; "today we have computers"
the day that includes the present moment (as opposed to yesterday or tomorrow)
"Today is beautiful"; "did you see today's newspaper?"
nowadays, now, today(adverb)
in these times
"it is solely by their language that the upper classes nowadays are distinguished"- Nancy Mitford; "we now rarely see horse-drawn vehicles on city streets"; "today almost every home has television"
on this day as distinct from yesterday or tomorrow
"I can't meet with you today"
A current day or date.
Today is the day we'll fix this once and for all.
On the current day or date.
In the current era; nowadays.
In the 1500s, people had to do things by hand, but today we have electric can openers.
Today is an Australian breakfast television program, currently presented by Karl Stefanovic and Lisa Wilkinson. It has been broadcast live by the Nine Network since 1982. The program airs after Nine Early Morning News and runs from 5.30am to 9am before Mornings.
The Roycroft Dictionary
The hearse that carries the dreams of yesterday to the cemetery.
British National Corpus
Spoken Corpus Frequency
Rank popularity for the word 'today' in Spoken Corpus Frequency: #405
Written Corpus Frequency
Rank popularity for the word 'today' in Written Corpus Frequency: #229
Rank popularity for the word 'today' in Adverbs Frequency: #50
The numerical value of today in Chaldean Numerology is: 8
The numerical value of today in Pythagorean Numerology is: 2
Sample Sentences & Example Usage
We assume the market in two to three years will be weaker than today. We are extra cautious right now about factoring in today's price levels in projects we start today.
live for today die for tomorrow because tomorrow turns into today and today turns into yesterday live for the people you meet today and die for the people you meet tomorrow because it could change your life
I think today is pretty good round for me, actually when I played in the practice round, I thought, this place is pretty tough, and also I'm pretty surprised what I'm doing today. So I'm really satisfied with my game today.
I think my energy was missing a little bit today, today during the match, and after the match, I'm like, it's a tough day today. I feel empty a little bit, and I start to be sick. But I think it was a little bit of a combination.
There is so much we have in common today with what was happening then, although it looks different today, the unfairness of how people are living today, compared to the unfairness of how people were living then, it is not better today.
Images & Illustrations of today
Translations for today
From our Multilingual Translation Dictionary
- deesdae, vandagAfrikaans
- اليوم, حاضرArabic
- днес, днеска, дне́ска, сега́Bulgarian
- ད་རིང་Tibetan Standard
- bremañ, hiziv an deiz, hizivBreton
- avui dia, avui, hui, avui en diaCatalan, Valencian
- v dnešní době, dnešek, dnesCzech
- i dag, i vore dageDanish
- heute, heutzutageGerman
- nuntempe, hodiaŭEsperanto
- hoy día, hoy en día, hoy, actualmenteSpanish
- gaur, egun, gaur egunBasque
- tänään, nykyisin, kuluva päivä, nykyäänFinnish
- í dagFaroese
- actuellement, aujourd'hui, de nos joursFrench
- hjoed, hjoed de dei, noWestern Frisian
- an-diughScottish Gaelic
- hoxe en día, hoxeGalician
- ko árape, ko ára, angeGuaraní
- આજ, આજેGujarati
- jodi aHaitian Creole
- manapság, maHungarian
- hodie, actualmenteInterlingua
- dewasa ini, masa sekarangIndonesian
- í dagIcelandic
- attualmente, oggi, oggigiornoItalian
- 本日, 今日, きょうJapanese
- ullumiKalaallisut, Greenlandic
- 오늘, 오늘날Korean
- hodie, hoc dieLatin
- haut, hautdesdaagsLuxembourgish, Letzeburgesch
- šiandien, šiandienaLithuanian
- šodiena, šodienLatvian
- aniany, anio, androanyMalagasy
- де́нес, се́га, денесMacedonian
- പുകയില, ഇന്ന്Malayalam
- hari iniMalay
- illum il-ġurnata, illumMaltese
- ယခုနေ့, ယနေ့Burmese
- tegenwoordig, vandaag, heden ten dage, vandaag de dagDutch
- idag, i dagNorwegian
- díí jį́, dííshjį́, jį́į́dą́ą́ʼNavajo, Navaho
- uèi, ancueiOccitan
- noongomOjibwe, Ojibwa
- абонOssetian, Ossetic
- dzisiaj, dziś, w dzisiejszych czasachPolish
- نن ورځPashto, Pushto
- atualmente, hoje, hoje em diaPortuguese
- astăzi, ziua de azi, azi, acumRomanian
- тепе́рь, в настоя́щее вре́мя, сегодняшний день, сего́дня, сегодня, CегодняRussian
- danas, садашњица, данданас, sadašnjica, данас, dandanas, današnjica, данашњицаSerbo-Croatian
- අදSinhala, Sinhalese
- dánes, dándánes, današnji danSlovene
- kajenoSouthern Sotho
- idag, nuförtiden, i dagSwedish
- วันนี้, ปัจจุบัน, ตอนนี้Thai
- bugün, günümüz, günümüzdeTurkish
- بۈگۈنUyghur, Uighur
- сьогодні, сього́дніUkrainian
- آج, امروزUrdu
- hôm nay, ngày nayVietnamese
- nutimo, adelo, adelVolapük
- ådjourdu, ouy, enuteWalloon
- lóònío̩jó̩ òníYoruba
Get even more translations for today »
Find a translation for the today definition in other languages:
Select another language: