Definitions for toasterˈtoʊ stər
This page provides all possible meanings and translations of the word toaster
Random House Webster's College Dictionary
an instrument or appliance for toasting food.
someone who proposes a toast; someone who drinks to the health of success of someone or some venture
a kitchen appliance (usually electric) for toasting bread
Kernerman English Learner's Dictionary
a piece of equipment for toasting bread
two slices of bread in the toaster
A device for toasting bread, English muffins, crumpets, etc.
A self-contained software package (or appliance) distributable over the Internet or by burning onto CDs.
An electronic organ, especially a crude one that uses analog technology.
Any of several small, box-like automobiles exemplified by the Scion xB and Honda Element.
one who toasts
a kitchen utensil for toasting bread, cheese, etc
The toaster is typically a small electric kitchen appliance designed to toast multiple types of bread products. A typical modern two-slice toaster draws from 600 to 1200 watts and makes toast in 1 to 3 minutes. There are also non-electrical toasters that can be used to toast bread products over an open fire or flame.
The New Hacker's Dictionary
1. The archetypal really stupid application for an embedded microprocessor controller; often used in comments that imply that a scheme is inappropriate technology (but see elevator controller). “DWIM for an assembler? That'd be as silly as running Unix on your toaster!” 2. A very, very dumb computer. “You could run this program on any dumb toaster.” See bitty box, Get a real computer!, toy, beige toaster. 3. A Macintosh, esp. a Mac in the original unitary case. Some hold that this is implied by sense 2. 4. A peripheral device. “I bought my box without toasters, but since then I've added two boards and a second disk drive.” 5. A specialized computer used as an appliance. See web toaster, video toaster.
Translations for toaster
Kernerman English Multilingual Dictionary
an electric machine for toasting bread.
- جِهاز تَحْميص الخُبْزArabic
- torradeiraPortuguese (BR)
- opékač topinekCzech
- der ToasterGerman
- टोस्टर सेंकने का यंत्रHindi
- pržilica za kruh, tosterCroatian
- kenyérpirító (készülék)Hungarian
- pembakar rotiMalay
- toaster, prăjitor electricRomanian
- ekmek kızartıcıTurkish
- 烤麵包機Chinese (Trad.)
- توس سينکنے کي برقي مشينUrdu
- lò nướng bànhVietnamese
- 烤面包机Chinese (Simp.)
Get even more translations for toaster »
Find a translation for the toaster definition in other languages:
Select another language: