Definitions for time out
This page provides all possible meanings and translations of the word time out
a brief suspension of play
"each team has two time-outs left"
respite, recess, break, time out(noun)
a pause from doing something (as work)
"we took a 10-minute break"; "he took time out to recuperate"
Kernerman English Learner's Dictionary
time when you stop to rest, think, etc.
It's important to take time out just to relax.
to end (an incomplete task) after a time limit
of a task, to be terminated because it was not completed before a time limit
To call for a time-out.
To call for a suspension of activity or conversation.
Time Out Group Limited is a publishing company based in London, United Kingdom best known for the Time Out weekly listings magazine published in many editions and in many languages. The company has also expanded to publish travel guides, Eating and Drinking guides and online materials and content. It conducts most of its business from London and New York City.
Translations for time out
Kernerman English Multilingual Dictionary
(in basketball etc) a short break requested by the coach to give instructions etc.
- breuk, pouseAfrikaans
- فَتْرَة إستِراحَة من اللعبArabic
- tempoPortuguese (BR)
- dočasné přerušení zápasuCzech
- das Timeout (die Auszeit)German
- τάιμ άουτGreek
- descanso, tiempo muertoSpanish
- aeg mahaEstonian
- تایم اوتFarsi
- temps mortFrench
- פֶּסֶק זְמַןHebrew
- खेल में निर्देश देने के लिए अल्पविरामHindi
- kratki odmor, kratki prekidCroatian
- berhenti sebentarIndonesian
- 타임 아웃Korean
- minūtes pārtraukumsLatvian
- waktu rehat sebentarMalay
- rådslagningspause, timeoutNorwegian
- przerwa Polish
- تایم اوتPersian
- time outRomanian
- oddychový časSlovak
- ara, dinlenmeTurkish
- (書籃球比賽等)暫停休息時間Chinese (Trad.)
- مختصر بريکUrdu
- thời gian hội ýVietnamese
- （书篮球比赛等）暂停休息时间Chinese (Simp.)
Get even more translations for time out »
Find a translation for the time out definition in other languages:
Select another language: