Definitions for ticketˈtɪk ɪt
This page provides all possible meanings and translations of the word ticket
a commercial document showing that the holder is entitled to something (as to ride on public transportation or to enter a public entertainment)
a label written or printed on paper, cardboard, or plastic that is attached to something to indicate its owner, nature, price, etc.
a summons issued to an offender (especially to someone who violates a traffic regulation)
a list of candidates nominated by a political party to run for election to public offices
ticket, just the ticket(verb)
the appropriate or desirable thing
"this car could be just the ticket for a small family"
issue a ticket or a fine to as a penalty
"I was fined for parking on the wrong side of the street"; "Move your car or else you will be ticketed!"
provide with a ticket for passage or admission
"Ticketed passengers can board now"
A pass entitling the holder to admission to a show, concert, etc.
A pass entitling the holder to board a train, a bus, a plane, or other means of transportation
A citation for a traffic violation.
A permit to operate a machine on a construction site.
A service request, used to track complaints or requests that an issue be handled. (Generally Internet Service Provider related).
A list of candidates for an election, or a particular theme to a candidate's manifesto.
A solution to a problem; something that is needed.
To issue someone a ticket, as for travel or for a violation of a local or traffic law.
Origin: From estiquet, also estiquette. More at etiquette.
a small piece of paper, cardboard, or the like, serving as a notice, certificate, or distinguishing token of something
a little note or notice
a tradesman's bill or account
a certificate or token of right of admission to a place of assembly, or of passage in a public conveyance; as, a theater ticket; a railroad or steamboat ticket
a label to show the character or price of goods
a certificate or token of a share in a lottery or other scheme for distributing money, goods, or the like
a printed list of candidates to be voted for at an election; a set of nominations by one party for election; a ballot
to distinguish by a ticket; to put a ticket on; as, to ticket goods
to furnish with a tickets; to book; as, to ticket passengers to California
British National Corpus
Spoken Corpus Frequency
Rank popularity for the word 'ticket' in Spoken Corpus Frequency: #4566
Written Corpus Frequency
Rank popularity for the word 'ticket' in Written Corpus Frequency: #2217
Rank popularity for the word 'ticket' in Nouns Frequency: #956
Sample Sentences & Example Usage
There's no return ticket if you run away.
If she needs a ticket, have her give me a call.
Why should airlines cut ticket prices if demand is strong?
I thought, wait a minute, I bought a ticket there last night!
Each success only buys an admission ticket to a more difficult problem.
Translations for ticket
From our Multilingual Translation Dictionary
- lístek, vstupenkaCzech
- bøde, billetDanish
- Eintrittskarte, Billett, Ticket, Fahrschein, Karte, Fahrausweis, Strafzettel, Schein, Billet, FahrkarteGerman
- parte, multa, entrada, pasaje, billeteSpanish
- بلیط, بلیتPersian
- lippu, matkalippu, lista, sakkolappu, pääsylippu, kirjoittaa, sakottaaFinnish
- atgongumerki, ferðaseðil, bótFaroese
- ticket, contravention, amende, billet, pruneFrench
- ticéad, ticéad páirceálaIrish
- tiogaidScottish Gaelic
- כרטיסייה, כרטיסHebrew
- 切符, 違反切符, 券, チケット, 切符を切るJapanese
- bilettiKalaallisut, Greenlandic
- 티켓, 표Korean
- BilljeeLuxembourgish, Letzeburgesch
- ка́рта, биле́т, казна, [[издава]] [[билет]]/[[карта]], казнуваMacedonian
- тасалбар, билетMongolian
- bekeuring, kaartje, ticketDutch
- bot, billettNorwegian
- mandat, licencja, lista wyborcza, bilet, [[punkt]] [[programu]] [[wyborczego]]Polish
- passagem, multa, bilhete, ingressoPortuguese
- cupon de amendă, bilet, amendă, amendare contravenționalăRomanian
- биле́т, квита́нция, купо́н, обилетитьRussian
- улазница, ulaznicaSerbo-Croatian
- vstupenka, lístokSlovak
- vstopnica, vozovnicaSlovene
- biljett, botSwedish
- біле́т, квито́кUkrainian
Get even more translations for ticket »
Find a translation for the ticket definition in other languages:
Select another language: