perceptible by the senses especially the sense of touch
"skin with a tangible roughness"
capable of being treated as fact
"tangible evidence"; "his brief time as Prime Minister brought few real benefits to the poor"
(of especially business assets) having physical substance and intrinsic monetary value
"tangible property like real estate"; "tangible assets such as machinery"
capable of being perceived; especially capable of being handled or touched or felt
"a barely palpable dust"; "felt sudden anger in a palpable wave"; "the air was warm and close--palpable as cotton"; "a palpable lie"
real or concrete results
Yes, but what are the tangibles?
touchable; able to be touched or felt; perceptible by the sense of touch; palpable
possible to be treated as fact; real or concrete
comprehensible by the mind; understandable
Origin: Latin tangibilis, from tangere, "to touch".
perceptible to the touch; tactile; palpable
capable of being possessed or realized; readily apprehensible by the mind; real; substantial; evident
Chambers 20th Century Dictionary
tan′ji-bl, adj. perceptible by the touch: capable of being possessed or realised.—ns. Tangib′ilē, a tactile sensation or object; Tangibil′ity, quality of being tangible or perceptible to the touch; Tan′gibleness, the state or quality of being tangible.—adv. Tan′gibly. [L. tangibilis—tangĕre.]
The numerical value of tangible in Chaldean Numerology is: 6
The numerical value of tangible in Pythagorean Numerology is: 7
Images & Illustrations of tangible
Translations for tangible
From our Multilingual Translation Dictionary
- tangibleCatalan, Valencian
- fassbar, erfassbar, konkret, begreifbar, erfühlbar, greifbarGerman
- kouriintuntuva, ymmärrettävä, todellinenFinnish
- tanxíbel, tanxibleGalician
- begrijpelijk, concreet, tastbaarDutch
- forståelig, begripelig, konkret, håndgripelig, følbar, fattbarNorwegian
- zrozumiały, konkretny, dotykalny, namacalnyPolish
- tangibil, palpabilRomanian
- ощутимый, осязаемый, конкретный, реальный, понятный, заметныйRussian
Get even more translations for tangible »
Find a translation for the tangible definition in other languages:
Select another language: