Definitions for tamperˈtæm pər
This page provides all possible meanings and translations of the word tamper
tamp, tamper, tamping bar(verb)
a tool for tamping (e.g., for tamping tobacco into a pipe bowl or a charge into a drill hole etc.)
tamper, fiddle, monkey(verb)
play around with or alter or falsify, usually secretively or dishonestly
"Someone tampered with the documents on my desk"; "The reporter fiddle with the facts"
intrude in other people's affairs or business; interfere unwantedly
"Don't meddle in my affairs!"
one who tamps; specifically, one who prepares for blasting, by filling the hole in which the charge is placed
an instrument used in tamping; a tamping iron
to meddle; to be busy; to try little experiments; as, to tamper with a disease
to meddle so as to alter, injure, or vitiate a thing
to deal unfairly; to practice secretly; to use bribery
Sample Sentences & Example Usage
Hopefully they get the bottom of how this bag got open, by whom, and when, where the real evidence is, and it is established why anyone would have an incentive to tamper with a rape kit.
Sierra Leoneans want to express themselves clearly that they will not sit back and allow anybody to tamper with the constitution that we have strived so hard with our blood and limbs to protect and to defend over the years.
Just for the record, let me make it extremely clear that I am extremely pro-Second Amendment and there's no question about it, and I would never, never allow for anybody to tamper with that right because it is so important.
Translations for tamper
From our Multilingual Translation Dictionary
- einmischen, fälschenGerman
- manipular, alterarSpanish
- sormeilla, peukaloida, kajotaFinnish
- tripoter, tasse-braise, altérer, compromettre, bidouiller, trafiquerFrench
- eiga við, fikta, fikta íIcelandic
- 弄る, 弄くるJapanese
- pororua, rawekeMāori
- met, manipuleren, prutsenDutch
- фальсифицировать, подделывать, пест, возиться, портить, искажать, наносить ущербRussian
- krivotvoriti, falsificirati, manipuliratiSerbo-Croatian
- manipulera, mixtraSwedish
- rüşvetle kandırmak, hile karıştırmak, karıştırmakTurkish
Get even more translations for tamper »
Find a translation for the tamper definition in other languages:
Select another language: