Definitions for take-away
This page provides all possible meanings and translations of the word take-away
takeout, takeout food, takeaway(noun)
prepared food that is intended to be eaten off of the premises
"in England they call takeout food `takeaway'"
a concession made by a labor union to a company that is trying to lower its expenditures
the act of taking the ball or puck away from the team on the offense (as by the interception of a pass)
of or involving food to be taken and eaten off the premises
"takeout pizza"; "the takeout counter"; "`take-away' is chiefly British"
take away, bear off, bear away, carry away, carry off(verb)
remove from a certain place, environment, or mental or emotional state; transport into a new location or state
"Their dreams carried the Romantics away into distant lands"; "The car carried us off to the meeting"; "I'll take you away on a holiday"; "I got carried away when I saw the dead man and I started to cry"
remove, take, take away, withdraw(verb)
remove something concrete, as by lifting, pushing, or taking off, or remove something abstract
"remove a threat"; "remove a wrapper"; "Remove the dirty dishes from the table"; "take the gun from your pocket"; "This machine withdraws heat from the environment"
take away, take out(verb)
take out or remove
"take out the chicken after adding the vegetables"
take from a person or place
"We took the abused child away from its parents"
take out, take away(verb)
buy and consume food from a restaurant or establishment that sells prepared food
"We'll take out pizza, since I am too tired to cook"
remove, take away(verb)
get rid of something abstract
"The death of her mother removed the last obstacle to their marriage"; "God takes away your sins"
take away, detract(verb)
take away a part from; diminish
"His bad manners detract from his good character"
of, or relating to food intended to be eaten off the premises
Translations for take-away
Kernerman English Multilingual Dictionary
food prepared and bought in a restaurant but taken away and eaten somewhere else eg at home
I'll go and buy a take-away; (also adjective) a take-away meal.
- طَعام جاهِز يُؤْخَذ إلى البَيْتArabic
- храна за домаBulgarian
- quentinhaPortuguese (BR)
- jídlo přes uliciCzech
- Essen zum Mitnehmen;zum MitnehmenGerman
- φαγητό σε πακέτοGreek
- comida para llevarSpanish
- toit kaasavõtmiseksEstonian
- غذای بردنیFarsi
- (plat) (préparé) à emporterFrench
- מָזוֹן שְׁנִלקַח הַבָּיתָהHebrew
- रस्त्रां जहां से खाना बाहर ले जाया जाएHindi
- obrok“za van”Croatian
- ebéd, vacsora elvitelreHungarian
- makanan yang dibeli dan dibawa pulangIndonesian
- matur sem tekinn er heim/út (af veitingastað)Icelandic
- (cibo) da asportoItalian
- 가지고 가는 음식Korean
- maistas išsineštinaiLithuanian
- ēdiens promnešanaiLatvian
- bawa pulangMalay
- ferdigmat, hentematNorwegian
- danie na wynosPolish
- carry-out QUERYPortuguese
- mâncare gata preparată de luat la pachetRomanian
- (еда) на выносRussian
- hotové jedlo donášané domovSlovak
- pripravljena hrana, ki jo kupiš in odnesešSlovenian
- za ponetiSerbian
- måltid för avhämtningSwedish
- paket yemekTurkish
- 外帶餐點Chinese (Trad.)
- “їжа на виніс”Ukrainian
- ريستوران کا وہ سامان جو لے کر باہر کھايا جائےUrdu
- thức ăn mang vềVietnamese
- 外卖的（指供顾客外带的食品）Chinese (Simp.)
Get even more translations for take-away »
Find a translation for the take-away definition in other languages:
Select another language: